Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology Empty
PostSubject: Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology   Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Many of you will remember the female fronted metal - thrash act Ordained Fate, which released a self-titled debut album on Wonderland Records in 1992.  Unbeknownst to many, Stormspell Records released last year a 13 song 'anthology' of the groups demo material.

Samples to two tracks can be heard at: https://stormspell.bandcamp.com/album/cryptic-axe

This one completely slipped through the cracks- cannot believe that I missed it.  The Stormspell press material is correct in describing the demos as more raw and powerful (than the album).  I find the vocals of Pam Scott to be placed much more forward in the mix- so you get a better idea of her true abilities (in comparison to the album).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23443
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology   Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:12 pm

I thought maybe you skipped it because you don't tend to feature much "Thrash" at Angelic Warlord.

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology   Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Good observation in that I hesitate to label Ordained Fate 'traditional thrash'.  Yes, there are thrash elements to the groups sound but also a whole lot more.  Specifically, what I hear is a technical metal sound that reminds somewhat of Barren Cross' heavier material but with strong elements of "Silence Is Madness" era Bride and touches of Deliverance's "Stay Of Execution".
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology   Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology
Page 1 of 1