Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records Empty
PostSubject: Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records   Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Roxx Records is pleased to announce our next special Limited Edition remaster and reissue with you, it was a very personal one for us and quite the undertaking for all involved. We are very proud to bring the music and story of Los Angeles California’s very own MALACHIA back to life for everyone to enjoy! 

Malachia burst in to the Christian Metal scene in 1984 and were very well received with a metal style very reminiscent of early Queensryche. The bands very first full release was on vinyl only and very limited to only around 200 copies and was titled ‘Under The Blade’ this vinyl release is nearly impossible to find today unless you are willing to pay high dollar for a copy on the very rare occasion one pops up on the market. It was also released in limited quantity on cassette, but never on CD.

Up next the band would release what could be considered their swan song with the full length album ‘Red Sunrise’ that was available on vinyl and cassette tape only, never officially on CD.  All the while the band was playing live anywhere and everywhere they possibly could. Playing many shows including making some festival appearances like the Metal Mardi Gras show in California in 1987.  

Up next and what would ultimately be the last fully released and marketed track from the band would be a song that made its way on to a very high profile compilation at the time called California Metal II.  Which the band actually recorded under the band name Vision at the time recording a track entitled ‘Runaway’. This compilation was headed up by veteran musicians and producers John and Dino Elefante who gave the track a very polished and professional feel.  

After that the band would attempt to continue on, but alas the band would ultimately come to an end before ever officially releasing any music again. The band had actually recorded but never released quite a few more demo tracks over the next few years, but those tracks were never released, until now.

Roxx Records is very excited to bring you a true collectible and a little piece of Christian Metal history back to life. This very special 2 disc limited edition set has been meticulously remastered and restored, with many never before released demos being culled from the only known source of some of these tracks, a sole cassette tape! Working with Wade Little of Malachia we began to work on putting this whole compilation together, gathering the tracks, reviewing many band archival photos, flyers and band promotional items. 

For the first time ever the original full length album Red Sunrise and the California Metal track have been completely remixed by producer Ken Roberts. Those tracks along with the tracks from Under The Blade and all of the unreleased demo tracks have been completely remastered and restored by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound for a total of 31 tracks in all, stretched over a full 2 disc set. 

This compilation is not just a musical representation, but a complete story and visual glimpse in to the lives of a classic Christian rock band from the 80’s that tells the story of a band and their mission to rock the world and spread the word of God. Featuring new artwork, layout and design provided by Scott Waters of No Life til Metal, new liner notes, track by track write ups,  and stories from all of the original band members in a full color 16 page booklet and Limited to a one time pressing of only 500 copies. 

If that is not enough to draw you in, this special package has two more very special limited edition items for you to get in on! There will also be a 3rd disc, limited to the first 100 orders that captures the band live at the Metal Mardi Gras show in 1987.  This is a very cool piece of the bands history, but it is pulled from a hand held recording and while it has been cleaned up, we still offer this as what we have officially dubbed the ‘Bootleg’ edition. This audio bonus disc is limited to only 100 copies worldwide! 

But this last piece is what true collectors are going to want to get in on very quickly! Through Wade Little of Malachia we have purchased and will be offering a very, very, very limited 7” promotional record! There were only 100 copies of this promotional 7” record made and these are the very last copies in existence and they have been in storage for over 30 years. Brand new and unplayed, there are only 25 copies  of this 7” promotional single containing 2 tracks only. 

Releasing worldwide on April 20, 2018  if you want to get in on any of these very special Limited Edition packages act fast and visit www.roxxproductions.com for pre order information, complete track listing and more information!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records   Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 9:06 pm

I don't know about you all, but this is one I have got to get.  I have already preordered and am looking forward to getting this in April when it is released.  Being such a rarity, I look for this to sell out fairly quickly.  I'd get in on it while it is still in preorder stages.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records   Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records   Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:58 am

Seriously?  This would be the band that featured Ken Pike singing.  He appeared on the "All Hail The Power" release by P.K. Mitchell.  The albums and cassettes go for incredible prices on eBay.  Demo traders have swapped around for this one for decades.  I have a CD-R copy but would love to get this on a decent quality CD.

Here's a sample for you:

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records   Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 12:18 pm

I have a cd of the Red Sunrise album that is likely an unauthorized reissue (recording quality is pretty poor and artwork isn't much better...).  So I will definitely be getting this, as a matter of fact I pre-ordered the 2CD version this morning.  Love what Roxx Records is doing with these classic reissues.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records   Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:04 pm

If anyone is interested in hearing how the remaster sounds, check out Scott Waters' posts today on Facebook.  There is a YouTube video of it that sounds pretty amazing.

Gary, if you have that unauthorized version from Retrospect (or whoever), I would put it on eBay after this and advertise it as such.  Even an unauthorized version could fetch a pretty penny from a collector.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records   Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Gary, if you have that unauthorized version from Retrospect (or whoever), I would put it on eBay after this and advertise it as such.  Even an unauthorized version could fetch a pretty penny from a collector.

I would feel bad even giving it away.  lol!

Actually I will just wait until Roxx sells out and get top dollar for the Retrospect bootleg.  Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records   Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 6:22 am

I received it, but I am not as excited about it as I once was.  The "Red Sunrise" and "Under The Blade" albums contained here are actually the same songs redone and in different track order.  I am sure UTB was meant to be demo whereas "Red Sunrise" was probably meant to be a full album.  I won't add the UTB tracks to my MP3 player as I don't need two versions of the same songs.

Well, make that THREE for a couple of tracks.  A couple of them are included as demo recordings from either an old home recorder or low budget studio.  I won't add those to my player either.

As for overall sound quality of all the demo recordings, I haven't had a chance all weekend to try this out.  Even when I have been listening to music, it has been to potential mixes for my own new album.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records   Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 2:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I received it, but I am not as excited about it as I once was.  The "Red Sunrise" and "Under The Blade" albums contained here are actually the same songs redone and in different track order.  I am sure UTB was meant to be demo whereas "Red Sunrise" was probably meant to be a full album.  I won't add the UTB tracks to my MP3 player as I don't need two versions of the same songs.

Well, make that THREE for a couple of tracks.  A couple of them are included as demo recordings from either an old home recorder or low budget studio.  I won't add those to my player either.

As for overall sound quality of all the demo recordings, I haven't had a chance all weekend to try this out.  Even when I have been listening to music, it has been to potential mixes for my own new album.

I remember that "Red Sunrise" is essentially the same track listing as "Under the Blade" (except with 2 extra songs "Sightless Eyes" and "Lonely is the Night").  I always assumed that all the tracks from UTB were re-recorded for the Red Sunrise release....but don't know for sure because I never bothered to track down a copy of UTB after getting a copy of RS.  I don't have my copy yet, but I was looking forward to hearing the unreleased tracks (a few of them were supposed to have a different vocalist even).

PostSubject: Re: Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records   Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malachia to release anthology through Roxx Records
Page 1 of 1