Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHERE WAS STRYPER

Go down 
+2
Xid
metaldude
6 posters
AuthorMessage

WHERE WAS STRYPER Empty
PostSubject: WHERE WAS STRYPER   WHERE WAS STRYPER I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Do you older Cool  guys remember the Dio Hear and Aid thing he did back in the 80s where he invited tons of stars to contribute to the song 'Stars"...Wonder if stryper was invited? anyone know?
here is the song for those who dont know what I am talking about....

Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

WHERE WAS STRYPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHERE WAS STRYPER   WHERE WAS STRYPER I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 9:43 pm

I don't think they had made much of a splash at that time. I bought the video and remember how much fun it was watching all the guitar solos that eventually became one. George Lynch was especially impressive, as I recall.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

WHERE WAS STRYPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHERE WAS STRYPER   WHERE WAS STRYPER I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 12:15 am

Hear 'N Aid was 1985.  Stryper had just started getting momentum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

WHERE WAS STRYPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHERE WAS STRYPER   WHERE WAS STRYPER I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 11:35 am

Man those guys all look so young, and sound amazing.  I had forgotten how cool this one-off project was.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

WHERE WAS STRYPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHERE WAS STRYPER   WHERE WAS STRYPER I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 11:39 am

Staybrite wrote:
Man those guys all look so young, and sound amazing.  I had forgotten how cool this one-off project was.

it's also kinda sad seeing the faces of those that have died.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

WHERE WAS STRYPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHERE WAS STRYPER   WHERE WAS STRYPER I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 11:44 am

Besides, those old group efforts to help starving countries or disaster victims never liked to mix "religion" into it (of course if they do, they screw it up anyways = USA for Africa M Jackson and Lionel Richie wrote We Are The World and added the line "As God has shown us by turning stone to bread..." - obviously if you know Scripture, God NEVER did this... rather it was part of the temptations Lucifer gave Jesus - and that's where we get the famous verse "man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God".
So, not to make a big deal about it, I supported those efforts to help the less fortunate through musical unions... but the ones that get overlooked are the Christian version back then, where dozens of Christian artists released a couple albums for charity called Celebration of Praise and Portrait of a Spirit. 
They donated proceeds to different needs back then. Other Christian artists have done similar charity work over the years but they don't get any recognition.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

WHERE WAS STRYPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHERE WAS STRYPER   WHERE WAS STRYPER I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Hearin' Aid was the best charity effort, that song rocked. However this one was pretty good too  Cool 

Back to top Go down

WHERE WAS STRYPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHERE WAS STRYPER   WHERE WAS STRYPER I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Well G/F ..were the Christian albums released worldwide with video and magazine/news coverage?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WHERE WAS STRYPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHERE WAS STRYPER   WHERE WAS STRYPER I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHERE WAS STRYPER
Page 1 of 1