Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bands that Sound Like

Go down 
+4
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
Hardkore
rich71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Bands that Sound Like Empty
PostSubject: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 11:10 pm

I dont know if there is a thread already for this subject but Ill ask anyway. I dont know if thiers a website for this but Im looking for a list of Christain bands that are alternatives to Kiss, Iron Maiden etc. I know Saint is like Judas Priest, Whitecross RATT, . Quiet Riot etc bands of the 80s and 90s. If possible.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Whitecross ~ Ratt (S/T, Hammer & Nail) ,Motley Crue ( Dr. Feelgood)
X-Sinner ~ AC/DC
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 7:08 am

Red Sea - Whitesnake
Fear Not - Skid Row

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 2:46 pm

Never heard of Red Sea or Fear Not. Are they still around
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 3:33 pm

They are not still around, but some band members are still working in music. 
If u want the one and only album by Red Sea as well as Fear Not's album and 1st effort under the name "Love Life", I'll be happy to upload them for ya. Bands that Sound Like 14195310
My autographed Red Sea promo (stupid cell phone posts pix sideways)
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 6:53 pm

@Guilty yeah that would be great. Can you send the files or links to my email richrkjr@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 1:32 am

Sardis has a definite Maiden feel to them, though they definitely stand on their own.  Great band!
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:08 am

The early Barren Cross albums also have a Maiden style sound to them. Rage of Angels made me think Motley Crue. I've never heard anyone who sounds like Kiss, although Steve Shannon, of Idle Cure, always reminded me of Paul Stanley.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:33 am

Actually, somewhere, I forget where (but will look for it) is a Google Spreadsheet that lists a lot of bands and what they sound like. If I can find it, I will post the link.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 10:40 am

Unfortunately, I could not find that list. But here is Fear Not:

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 10:41 am

This one reminds me of Tesla

And another good one, too bad they didn't do more but this was released as grunge was taking off.

Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Fear Not reminded me of Bride. Does anyone know if Dale Thompson was involved with it in any way?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Eden - Fan the Flame (great 80's rockin sound kind of reminds me of Dokken)

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 3:40 pm

metaldude wrote:
Fear Not reminded me of Bride. Does anyone know if Dale Thompson was involved with it in any way?

No, he wasn't.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 7:09 am

While we are mentioning Bride,  some of their albums (Snakes, Scarecrow, This is It) remind me a lot of Guns N' Roses.

Another AC/DC comparison would be Mainline Riders.

Another Whitesnake comparison would be Ledfoot.  Good luck finding this one.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 7:42 am

Never heard of Ledfoot. Interesting, will see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 7:48 am

Found this but for some reason I can't get the songs to play

https://myspace.com/ledfootrockandroll
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 7:53 am

I also seem to remember a Christian Band that sounded a lot like Led Zeppelin, but for the life of me I can't remember who they are or if they were even signed to a label. I think I read about it here one time and heard some posted samples.

And, after listening to Jupiter VI it sounds a lot like Pink Floyd.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 9:18 pm

That Led Zep comparison was given to the band New Jerusalem.  They also, at times, sounded like AC/DC.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Daniel Band...April Wine, Triumph
Holy Soldier first 2 albums remind me of Dokken's early album's
Ransom..Femme fatale, Vixen, Lita Ford
Sacred Warrior ...Queensryche
Seirah...Motley Crue
Smash Alley Underground....Ozzy
Zion...AC/DC, 220 Volt, Keel
Scarlet Red...Warlock, Lee AAron
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Quote :
Smash Alley Underground....Ozzy

I used to have a cassette tape of SAU and I just don't remember the Ozzy sound at all.

David Benson and early Rev Seven sounded like Ozzy.  Benson sounded more like the Black Sabbath days and Rev Seven when it was still a full band sounded like the Jake E. Lee years of Ozzy.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Quote :
I used to have a cassette tape of SAU and I just don't remember the Ozzy sound at all.

David Benson and early Rev Seven sounded like Ozzy.  Benson sounded more like the Black Sabbath days and Rev Seven when it was still a full band sounded like the Jake E. Lee years of Ozzy.
Some of it reminded me of Rhoads era Ozzy but after a full listen I agree alldat..... on a whole it really reminds me more of Roxx Gang..Good call Alldat...I checked out some early Rev Seven on youtube and liked it but I can't find any CD's or albums...
How about Shout?  Their first 2 albums reminded me of mid to late 80s era Kiss...anyone else hear that?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 7:20 pm

Rev Seven would possibly be available through Retroactive Records.  The original demo tapes were better as they were a full band.  Also, the guitars were higher tuned and the singer (Bill Menchen) sounded a lot like Ozzy.  On the CD releases that he did many years later, I believe that Bill was using a drum machine which takes some of the dynamics of the songs away.  Some lyrics were changed, too, and I found that distracting.  I have the CD issues that were put out many years later but wish they'd just remaster the original tapes and release those.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands that Sound Like   Bands that Sound Like I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands that Sound Like
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: