Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do they all have the same sound?

Go down 
+3
silentthunder89
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
7 posters

I think they all have the same sound.
Do they all have the same sound? I_vote_lcap17%Do they all have the same sound? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Some new bands really sound different than the other bands.
Do they all have the same sound? I_vote_lcap0%Do they all have the same sound? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Some bands have the same sound, but other bands really have their own sound.
Do they all have the same sound? I_vote_lcap67%Do they all have the same sound? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
No, I have an other opinion.
Do they all have the same sound? I_vote_lcap16%Do they all have the same sound? I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Other.
Do they all have the same sound? I_vote_lcap0%Do they all have the same sound? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Do they all have the same sound? Empty
PostSubject: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:52 pm

What do you think of all the Swedish bands?
There are older Swedish bands and brandnew bands.
What I mean is doesn't have all those Swedish bands a similar sound?
The drummer of this band is now playing in that band.
A member of the older bands is starting a new band with members of other Swedish bands.
For example, Christian Liljegren is the vocalist of Audiovision, started a new band Golden Resurrection and is singing the vocals for 7Days too.

Do you think all those new Swedish band with old members of other bands has their own sound, or do you think most Swedish bands have almost the same sound?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:14 pm

I feel that many of them do have similarities, but you can still tell them apart once you listen to them a bit and learn the differences. To someone who did not like that scene, they would sound alike.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:30 pm

I agree with Alldat. I can definitely tell a difference between Audiovision, Golden Resurrection, and Narnia. But to somebody completely new to the scene and not used to the style, they may sound the same.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Many of those neoclassical bands sound almost identical to me (ReinXeed, Majestic Vangard, Golden Resurrection etc) with the exception of the singers. I agree, I think it really depends on if you are into that style.

Some of those Scandinavian (sp?) bands sound very different from each other, Audiovision, Hero, HB, Veni Domini, Random Eyes, Venia.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:01 pm

I agree with the previous posts.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Yes, there is a difference between Harmony (melodic metal), Darkwater (progressive metal) and ReinXeed (epic metal). And besides, Narnia has been all over the map musically, ranging from neo-classical metal to power/progressive metal to melodic metal.

At the same time, Veni Domine (progressive doom metal) has their own distinct style while the same can be said for Leviticus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:19 am

Yep, I chose what turned out to be the majority here:
Quote :
Some bands have the same sound, but other bands really have their own sound.

I hafta listen to these albums several times to begin differentiating sounds. A lot of these albums I could just put on and mix for background rock while I'm doing other things and not be distracted. By distracted I mean, if I put on a mix that included, say, X-sinner, I would be doing whatever then stop what I'm doing cuz a certain song comes on by X-sinner, and I find myself singing along and doing the rock thing with my head (used to be called "headbanging", but at 40 and having degenerated discs in my spine, it's kind of a "slow nod of agreement").
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:08 am

Quote :
I find myself singing along and doing the rock thing with my head (used to be called "headbanging", but at 40 and having degenerated discs in my spine, it's kind of a "slow nod of agreement").

I don't have the degenerated discs, but that's all I do now. I went to a Disciple show in my early thirties, and I did some major headbangin' at that show. My neck hurt for nearly a week after. I decided that I probably didn't need to do that much anymore. The slow nod is plenty for me now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Quote :
I find myself singing along and doing the rock thing with my head (used to be called "headbanging", but at 40 and having degenerated discs in my spine, it's kind of a "slow nod of agreement").

That's a good way to avoid having a "bangover" the next morning (A bangover consists of intense headaches due to excessive headbanging) Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Im with the other old farts, my head-banging days are long gone, and all I do is the "nod".

No bangovers for this dude.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Isn't headbangin' for the younger people?
We old rockers don't have to headbang to enjoy the music.

In Germany I saw people shakin' with their head on the rhythm of the music.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:08 pm

They all sound the same. The Euro style of power/neoclassical metal is so tired, it needs to be done away with! I hate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do they all have the same sound?   Do they all have the same sound? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: