Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

7eventh Time Down - New Album?

Go down 
+2
ChosenOne
Staybrite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

7eventh Time Down - New Album? Empty
PostSubject: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:09 pm

It has been just over a year since this band's last effort, the ten song sophmore offering "Just Say Jesus".  So what are they doing 14 months after the release of their second album?  Are they issuing their 3rd album.......?  NO they are reissuing their "Just Say Jesus" album expanded to add 4 more songs!!!! (aren't you excited?)  But wait, upon closer inspection there are really only 2 new songs on this offering, and two of the previous songs rerecorded as acoustic versions.

I had kind of hoped we were done with this trend.  Frankly I am sick of it.  I think nearly every modern rock/CCM band has done this with at least one of their albums.  By now you probably will have guessed that I will not be purchasing this album.  

For all the bands out there that are trying to produce a "stop-gap" album between full length studio albums don't reissue a 2 or 3 year old album with extra songs on it (or in this case only one year).  If you really must put something out to make sure the fans don't forget about you release an EP with 2 or 3 newly recorded original songs, possibly add a few acoustic or live tracks...or even a cover song to flesh it out to a 5-7 song EP, but don't keep reissuing the same album with just a few cast-off songs added on.

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Jesus-7eventh-Time-Down/dp/B00OZU1Z4Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1415739225&sr=1-2&keywords=just+say+jesus+7eventh+time+down

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:03 pm

I will agree that they should've just released an ep, but If anyone doesn't have this album I say you need to definitely get it. This is a fantastic album
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:20 pm

I can't figure out why so many bands think their fans want another set of songs they already have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Xid wrote:
I can't figure out why so many bands think their fans want another set of songs they already have.

In defense of most bands it is likely the record companies that force this move.  It's still a lame idea.

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:29 pm

I can understand it to a level, but why can't they let everyone know that's what they're doing rather than hyping a new record.  I was very excited about the new King James record until I found out that it was the first album rehashed.  Very disappointing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:32 pm

I did notice that they are releasing a Christmas EP as well.  I would guess that this is a way to really get the band pushed a lot more. They are on tour w/Newsboys so I'm guessing that they are reaching a much larger fan base so they decided to re-release the album for that reason. I haven't seen if this is released by BEC or on their own. Could be that if they switched labels its the new label doing it as well but I am just speculating.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:32 pm

So should I buy the original or go with the "new" original? scratch
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
So should I buy the original or go with the "new" original? scratch

Well if you don't have the original, I would get the new expanded release. It is a good album.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Demon Hunter is notorious for issuing several versions but at least they all come out the same day.

I also hate it when there's a greatest hits album that has one song you can't get anywhere else. I don't know how many compilations I have just for one or two songs...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 3:12 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Demon Hunter is notorious for issuing several versions but at least they all come out the same day.

I find that a lot easier to take then when the band reissues the same album with added bonus content 12 months later.  At least with the standard and deluxe versions released at the same time you can decide if you want to shell out the extra cash for the expanded version and not have it dangled in your face 6-12 months later.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 6:26 pm

I might get the downloads of the new songs, but I doubt I'd pay for the disc all over again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 7:03 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I might get the downloads of the new songs, but I doubt I'd pay for the disc all over again.

I don't even think I'm going to do that, just on principle.

PostSubject: Re: 7eventh Time Down - New Album?   7eventh Time Down - New Album? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7eventh Time Down - New Album?
Page 1 of 1