Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Artsy Fartsy

Go down 
+14
Fundy
metaldude
BearDad
Through The Dark Radio
messiaen77
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Driven
rockerVu2
kerrick
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Since I have this done (sorta).....

Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 1d110

I happen to be a young whippersnapper so I'm am often around other young whippersnappers. I've decided to make pictures describing my experience as non-Direction with Directioner friends.
Another thing I could have put was "You know this song isn't directed to you personally, right?"

I could have done more shading and whatnot. I might do that one day or another. Or not. It depends on how I feel that day.

(Just in case: A Directioner is a fan of One Direction. One Direction is a boy band from the UK [well one member's from Ireland, but whatever.] and they are popular. They have lots of fans.)
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:04 pm

I plan on making more, too. I have more ideas.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Ah yes, One Direction and Justin Beiber, both proof that we live in a fallen world.

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:48 pm

To be honest, I'm really curious who the next popular person or group will be. It'll probably be a group of people because it's kinda hard for one person to beat 5. Also what will the fans be called? (ex: Directioners, Beliebers, Rushers) Will they have their own disease name? (ex: One Direction Infection, Bieber Fever)

(Rushers are fans of Big Time Rush. I don't think they're as popular.)
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Here:
Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 1d210
Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 1d2210

It's a reference to 1D's song Best Song Ever. In the lyrics, it says that he (whoever's perspective the song is in) was dancing with some person named Georgia Rose.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 4:07 pm

HAHAHA Very Happy

Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 Brains10

Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 Feet10
Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 Feet210
Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 Feet310

Why did you guys have to mention that website? hahahaha I do things like THIS!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Uh oh...someone (with a foot fetish) discovered the cooltext website!  Laughing

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 5:11 pm

I like feet too much.

Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 Feet410
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Don't mention fetishes. I've seen some strange articles about fetishes… and I will leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Driven wrote:
Don't mention fetishes. I've seen some strange articles about fetishes… and I will leave it at that.
Whoa, dude. Well, I don't do anything weird and I don't plan to.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 5:11 am

Good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:37 am

I wish I still had the pencil art I did when I went thru my divorce in '94.  It was a sketch of me leaning back with my arms reaching out in desperation - coming out of my chest is me as a child stretching violently out of my body and reaching away from me (like a scene from Aliens), but the adult me was trying desperately to pull the child back into me.  I had details like parts of my chest stretching out and wrapping around the child-me's leg and torso.

It was my response to my depressed state at the time and it represented me losing my child-like happiness. In retrospect, that was the turning point for me from happy-go-lucky child to the pains of adulthood.

It was titled appropriately "Innocence Stolen"
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:49 am

Another piece that I don't have (I wish I hung onto) was a heavy pen and ink work I did expressing my feelings of loneliness.  After my divorce, I spent 3 years living alone. There are cool parts about living alone, but our hearts were not designed to live in seclusion. Anyways, the piece was somewhat simplistic, but spoke volumes.
It was a drawing of me in the lower left corner of the page, sitting with my knees pulled up to my head and my arms around my legs and my head down... the rest of the entire page is black - the darkness of depression shrouds over me, somewhat lighter around me, but grows darker the further out it goes.

Was one of the darkest artworks I ever did (in tone, not in subject matter).
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:52 am

Funny, I got rid of them when I met Lisa, as I didn't want her to see my "depressing" side of my art (for fear of scaring her away)  Laughing 
Now I wish I hung onto them, cuz they're only art.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:41 am

Like, did you throw them away?
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:41 am

xenonlion wrote:
Like, did you throw them away?
Duh.

I wish you had kept them, too. They seem pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:59 am

Yep.
Kind of a bummer. When I  came to faith in '89, I threw out a bunch of art that was "disturbing" or just "inappropriate" subject matter (I also destroyed tons of albums, magazines, posters, etc - many of which was a good idea, and I'm glad I did it).
Then when I met Lisa, I tossed out a handful of depressing pieces from my divorce period... I wish'd I hung onto all of them, since I put a lot of work in some of those.
I had led Lisa to faith in '96, and as we became a couple towards the end of '96, I tossed out any items that alluded to my ex including the disturbing art work, pictures and stuff. When we got serious, I also gave my .38 and .25 to my brother, since I had a 3 year old and a 8 year old over all the time, who would eventually become my kids.

Today, I miss those works of art, as well as my handguns. Course the handguns had the serial numbers scratched off, so it was a REAL good idea to get rid of those  affraid  Laughing
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:08 pm

Why were the serial numbers scratched off?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:14 pm

welllllllll, apparently they were black market guns. There are thousands of weapons circulating out there that have no serial # - course if needed, forensics can always recover a serial #.
Not sure where my bro got them in the first place, I didn't ask questions. He's since gotten rid of them - who knows where they are now.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Today, I miss those works of art, as well as my handguns. Course the handguns had the serial numbers scratched off, so it was a REAL good idea to get rid of those  affraid  Laughing

Oh my!  Well, I am ALL for unregistered guns (the more the government doesn't know you have, the better in my opinion!) but yeah... probably wise choice there...  Any time the serial number is scratched off: that's a bit of a red flag.  Get caught with that, you get some serious jail time and a felony!
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Whoa. O.o
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:02 pm

kerrick wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Oh my!  Well, I am ALL for unregistered guns (the more the government doesn't know you have, the better in my opinion!) but yeah... probably wise choice there...  Any time the serial number is scratched off: that's a bit of a red flag.  Get caught with that, you get some serious jail time and a felony!

Unless your are my daughters psycho ex-fiance...then the local cops just confiscate the guns and tell you to go home.

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:12 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Unless your are my daughters psycho ex-fiance...then the local cops just confiscate the guns and tell you to go home.

He has special privileges. They like him.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 5:37 am

Sometimes, we have to eliminate the darkness for things to improve. I've gone through a couple of periods like that, where I made the decision to listen only to Christian music.

Would've been interesting to see those drawings. Perhaps it's best in the long run that you don't have them, but I can understand wanting to have them (I would too).
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 8:52 am

Yeh, I've considered re-drawing them.  But I don't know if I could fake the "feeling" since I don't plan on going through any bad times soon.... The depth of someone's art, whether it's artwork, or prose, is heavily based on their state of mind and emotion.
Though some of my best artwork came out of a depressed, even suicidal brain... I prefer to be happy and not have any artwork at all. (some of my darkest art came during those periods too...)
I'd rather create pieces of art that glorified the Father and exalted Christ. That's why I worked so hard on the Lion scratchboard a few years back:

Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 Lionlg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artsy Fartsy   Artsy Fartsy - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artsy Fartsy
Page 10 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: