Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!

Go down 
+7
Livna
alldatndensum
BearDad
kerrick
Driven
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! Empty
PostSubject: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 6:42 pm

Every year it seems the Season goes by WAY too fast -I have SO MANY Christmas albums that I still haven't listened to all of them yet.

So this year, I'm jumpin' da gun and starting with albums I haven't listened to at all or at least in a long time.

Today I'm listening to ApologetiX (fairly new) Christmas album "Handheld Messiah" and I gotta say... THIS ALBUM IS GREAT !!!!!!
It's clever, well written, perfect songs they picked out, and they did a beautiful job executing them.

If you haven't heard them, and you dig their gimmick (like I do), DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and get a hold of this album ! 

If you're interested, I can send you 3 songs from the album as a preview... I'd like you to support the band, but I also want to give you a Costco sampler taste to get you to buy it. So just let me know which songs you'd like to hear, and I'll send 'em to you.

01 Messiah (Desire U2) 
02 Virgin (Urgent Foreigner) 
03 Cut-Rate Hotel (Heartbreak Hotel Elvis Presley) 
04 Child King (Wild Thing Tone Loc) 
05 Mary's Got a Son (Janie's Got a Gun Aerosmith) 
06 One Night in Bethlehem (One Night in Bangkok Murray Head) 
07 Christ in the Stable (Cat’s in the Cradle Harry Chapin) 
08 Excuse Me, Pal, It's Christmastime (Purple Haze Jimi Hendrix) 
09 Nice Iced Pavement (Ice Ice Baby Vanilla Ice) 
10 Wise Men Still (Can't Help Falling in Love Elvis Presley) 
11 We Didn't Start Messiah (We Didn't Start the Fire Billy Joel)
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 6:55 pm

My wife has has Music Choice on Sounds Of The Season (digital music tv station) since Nov 1. But it is also time to break out the Christmas vinyl collection.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 7:13 pm

I bought this album last year and played it on Boxing Day when my dad and I were on a road trip in France.

Messi-i-i-uh… Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 7:16 pm

NICE ^ 

I, too, have pulled out the ancient Christmas vinyl for when we're cleaning the house or folding laundry or other mundane household chores... makes them more fun listening to Christmas records.

Also to add to that list I initially posted, here are the songs from ApologetiX first Christmas EP... anyone can pick a total of 3 songs off both albums and I'll shoot them your way for a taste test.

These were from their 2001 album "Have Yourself a Parody Little Christmas"

1. Micah No. 5 [parody of "Mambo #5" by Lou Berg]
2. December 5 or 6 B.C. (Oh Holy Night) [Parody of "Oh What a Night" by the Four Seasons]
3. Santa Clause [Parody of "Panama" by Van Halen]
4. Hotel Can't Afford Ya [Parody of "Hotel California" by the Eagles]
5. Manger [Parody of "Angel" by Shaggy]
6. Christmasnite [Parody of "Kryptonite" by Three Doors Down]
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 7:31 pm

^Those are really clever song titles; I love it!

I'm particularly excited for the upcoming Vials Of Wrath and Blood Thirsty Christmas songs.  Rockin' Some good Christmas albums I like are:

Various - Repossession: A Christmas Album
Various - A Brutal Christmas - The Season In Chaos
Flaskavsae - Christmas EP
Theocracy - Christmas singles
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:41 pm

I stumbled on this old cheesy rap album from 1990 - used to have it on cassette. 

Gee, had I known that a brand new copy would later go for 4 digits, I woulda bought out every CBS in SoCal back in '90
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! Kiddin10
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:19 am

For every Christmas song played before Thanksgiving, a baby reindeer is killed!

I am a proud member of the Baby Reindeer Preservation Society.

Or, in other words, Bah-Humbug!  No Christmas music by choice before Thanksgiving.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:21 am

^agreed. I'm still waiting on a metal version of Over The River And Thru The Woods!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 10:24 am

There's too many baby reindeer out there anyways Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Just like Alldat said.

CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! Each-t10

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:22 pm

^ AGREED  Twisted Evil

Actually I used to be the same way. I was more of a Grinch around the holidays, but as each one passes by, I become more and more like Buddy the Elf.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:56 pm

I'm surprised that Kerrick didn't mention Erlosung Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Personally I'm just not a big fan of Christmas music.  I love Christmas, but i have really grown tired of all those classic songs rerecorded ad nauseum.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I'm surprised that Kerrick didn't mention Erlosung Very Happy

Ha, well six of their Christmas songs are on that Repossession compilation!  Those are quite silly.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Personally I'm just not a big fan of Christmas music.  I love Christmas, but i have really grown tired of all those classic songs rerecorded ad nauseum.

I like Christmas Music and don't mind the classics as long as the new versions show some style and aren't just the same exact song recorded again with a different vocalist.  Also, I can't stand new versions that are have been artistically beaten so far into the ground that you aren't really sure what it is any longer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:29 pm

Thank you Xenon Lion for showing me this gem...  Razz

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:31 pm

I have to admit that I think Theocracy has the best Christmas music songs that aren't "the classics".
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Yes indeed!  I absolutely love Wynter Fever.  The lyrics just crack me up every time I hear it, and it's such a well-written song!  But all their Christmas songs are worth downloading (especially since they're free!).
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:39 pm

I do love the Theocracy Christmas music.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:39 pm

I agree that the same old tired songs are completely exhausted... but there are hundreds of new NON-Traditional Christmas songs. I've hunted them down over the years, and there are some excellent ones.
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:03 am

Not sure if this has been posted here before or not, but this (along with Downhere's "How Many Kings") ranks as one of my all-time favorite Christmas tunes. I first heard of this group after their song "Take Me Into The Beautiful" hit the airwaves and have been a big fan ever since. A couple years ago, they wrote new lyrics to Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" and put up a music video of this version. Unfortunately, due to licensing issues, the band isn't able to release this (at least not at the moment - that could change in the future). The original video has since been removed from YouTube due to a copyright claim (meaning YouTube's automated system thought it was the original version and pulled it down), but a fan uploaded it to her own channel last year, and it's also on the production company's Vimeo channel

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Dude's got a powerful voice - Very nice song !
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:48 pm

The Little Drummer Boy is all grown up now and is part of a kick butt rock band.

The Metal Drummer Boy
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 12:17 am

So far, we have played Christmas albums by:

Casting Crowns
Taylor Swift
Pentatonix
Apologetix

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!   CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHRISTMAS MUSIC BEGINS !!!
Page 1 of 1