Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Firestream info for Obadiah

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Firestream info for Obadiah Empty
PostSubject: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 5:08 pm

Obadiah was the band my buddy was in back in the late 80s. I contacted him recently and got his blessing to submit the following info to the Firestream website. He's been thru some really tough times in recent years and I know his band being immortalized on a Christian music encyclopedia site would really boost his mood a bit.

Anyways, this is what I wrote up and submitted to OldSchoolDoom Daryl to include.

* The sound bytes on the album pages are NOT the same Obadiah band and should be removed - there are no sound bytes for the correct band unfortunately.

* And finally, a small write up on the band is below.

These Southern California rockers came together in the late 80s under Kenny Myers leadership as the band "Obadiah".
All members have incredible testimonies they shared at concerts and prison ministries where they would show the love of Jesus to all who they came in contact with. Many people came to faith at their concerts. Theirs was truly a ministry FIRST, and rock 'n roll second.

Tragedy came in 1991 as a car accident took Drummer Ruben Chavez away from us. Though he was finally with the Savior he loved and sang about, the rest of the band mourned him pretty hard, especially Ken.

The band Obadiah has since called it a day, but their love for Jesus and ministry has continued on.

"Obadiah" Self Titled (1st release) 1988:
Firestream info for Obadiah Obadiah1

Ken Myers- Guitar, Vox;
George Pizarro- Guitar;
Ray Savedra- Bass, Vox;
Robbie Schooler- Drums, vox;

"Got a Message" (2nd release) 1990:
Firestream info for Obadiah Obadiah
Ken Myers- Guitar, Vox;
Stacy Wallisa- Bass, Vox;
Ruben Chavez- Drums, vox;
Ed Williams- Keyboards;

"Obadiah" 2000 recording (3rd official release. New songs + re-recorded classics from the early albums):
Firestream info for Obadiah Obad2000
Ken Myers- Guitars, Bass, Vox;
David Hughes, Ruben Chavez, Gary Whiteside- Drums;
Phil Thomasson, Richard Morrison- Bass, vox;
Dennis Cristal, Pat Myers- BGV;
Dave Zierenberg- Guitar;
Kristian Denbow, Keith Henderson- Keyboard;
Dan Zrelak- Keyboard, Guitar;
Matt Cordi- Acoustic Guitar, BGV.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Has it been posted yet?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:08 pm

Oh I doubt it. I just emailed Daryl all the info and jpgs.

They posted the previous Firestream info that was put up years ago by someone I sent copies of their albums to (Brother Wes) - however, and here's the weird part, someone posted sound bites for a band called Obadiah that aren't the same band. The sound clips are not even CLOSE to the Obadiah sound. So I told him to please remove those sound bites... not that there are very many people are looking into this obscure band, but it means a lot to me as well as my old bud Kenny. He's never seen the Firestream page, but when they get it all fixed and updated, I'm gonna send Ken the link to it. I just know he will feel so uplifted to know his little hometown band made it onto a huge music encyclopedia.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Funny, I thought Obadiah wasn't a talky kinda guy.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Rolling Eyes Razz

Definitely one of Apo's sillier lyrics... sigh
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 12:45 am

Very cool!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 12:51 pm

Apparently they have an app within the Firestream system where Spotify adds the sound clips to certain bands, whether it's the right band or NOT. And the Mods have no control over it.

So ridiculous !  So my buddy's band has some Spotify sound clips from another band by the same name that sound NOTHING like the original band.... shame.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:51 pm

I'm just surprised there was more than one band named Obadiah.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 4:08 pm

There are actually 3 that I'm aware of ! Weird eh ? I don't even think the other 2 are Christian either !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
There are actually 3 that I'm aware of ! Weird eh ? I don't even think the other 2 are Christian either !

Ok, that's even crazier  scratch 

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 7:57 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Apparently they have an app within the Firestream system where Spotify adds the sound clips to certain bands, whether it's the right band or NOT. And the Mods have no control over it.

So ridiculous !  So my buddy's band has some Spotify sound clips from another band by the same name that sound NOTHING like the original band.... shame.

So, this indeed does happen with Firestream & Spotify. Spotify searches for the right music and connects to what it 'thinks' is right. Does Obadiah have music on Spotify? If so, The band should resubmit their music to Spotify with an ID3 tag. If they don't, then (the same thing) their music should be uploaded to Spotify with an ID3 tag. That should then solve the problem.

Because it is an app from Spotify, mods don't have access to change it. It is pretty much either Firestream can connect to Spotify or not. For the most part Firestream being able to connect to Spotify is a great thing. Unfortunately, this error occasionally happens. Bands resubmitting to Spotify with an ID3 tag should solve this problem.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 11:43 am

Another "unfortunately" is that our local Obadiah that is on Firestream is just that: Local, hometown, garage-y, small... in fact their first 2 releases in '88 and '90 were cassette only. Ken spent some money and released his own songs redone and more polished in 2000, but still a small town band. The only thing they have on the internet at all is the 2000 CD for sale on CD Baby http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/obadiah
It's a shame they can't link the sound clips from CD Baby to Firestream.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 2:14 pm

You can get your music on Spotify through CD Baby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 10:42 am

Xid wrote:
You can get your music on Spotify through CD Baby.
Oh can you? That's a good idea! It's worth a try at least.....
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 10:06 am

Spotify is very good for those with paid subscriptions.

FYI, I have updated OBADIAH as much as I am able to on Firestream.

Another option to get people to hear what the (real) band sounds like is to link a YouTube of their song or songs onto their FS page.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 11:51 am

oldschooldoom wrote:

FYI, I have updated OBADIAH as much as I am able to on Firestream.

Cool!  Thumbs Up

PostSubject: Re: Firestream info for Obadiah   Firestream info for Obadiah I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firestream info for Obadiah
Page 1 of 1