Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Early 90s - Remember these ??

Go down 
+8
ishmael81
Through The Dark Radio
Redeemed Fool
Xid
Ahlitah
metaldude
Driven
Guilty/Forgiven
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Early 90s - Remember these ?? Empty
PostSubject: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:51 pm

So I bought a huge lot of brand new CDs from a dealer who was pushing his OLD stock out real cheap (100 brand new CDs for 130 bucks !!)
What was cool was, on some of the backs of these new CDs on their plastic wrapping, those old classic coupon stickers were still there !
I remember scoring SO MANY albums using these coupons ! Sure was a great deal. I remember having an argument with some guy once cuz he complained about how he could get the brand new MC Hammer tape for 7.98 at K-Mart whereas at the CBS, the brand new Whitecross was 10.98.... he said Christian companies were ripping people off - I said dude ! They have stickers on almost all of these albums, buy a few albums, collect the coupons and voila ! 1 FREE ALBUM ! In the long run, the albums actually cost less if you utilized these coupons.

Who remembers these ?
Who used them ? 
Who scored some coupons from friends/family who bought an album but wasn't into collecting these coupons - so you scored one without buying an album ?  Twisted Evil 
Early 90s - Remember these ?? Music_10
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 4:34 am

My local Christian bookstore still has these, or at least had (I haven't been there in years).
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 5:17 am

I haven't seen them in years, but I used them a lot back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 7:09 am

I used to use these.

Think I still have an old unused coupon around here as well.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 7:32 am

Those were cool!  I don't know when they started but they had them back in the mid 80's when I started purchasing Christian music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:28 am

Definitely used them.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:30 am

Yep, definitely collected and redeemed quite a few of those in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:21 am

You had to have 4 from the same label to get a free album from that same label.
I remember Berean Christian Bookstore in Colton was lax about that rule and they'd allow you to mix up any 4 labels and get any album you wanted. Twas pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:09 am

Our bookstore where I lived growing up had those. I remember I bought MxPx's Pokinatcha, Teenage Politics, Life in General and Let It Happen, then bought Supertones Strike Back with the stickers...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 12:43 pm

^ Nice  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 1:18 pm

I wasn't buying any Christian music in the 90's but I did get a couple of cassettes and even one or two cds that were still shrink-wrapped and bearing those stickers back in 2005-2007.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Totally remember those. Wish they still had them. I'm pretty sure I took advantage of them.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:10 pm

I definitely remember them and used a ton of them buying tapes.  Most of the bookstores around here would let you use 4 coupons from any company on something new.  I guess they redeemed so many that they could easily get enough to get reimbursed.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 5:34 am

Have never seen that sticker but I rarely bought Christian music in a Christian bookstore. Most of the stuff I bought was picked up at a few independent record shops or a chain store in the mall. And back in the 80's you could find any Christian Metal in the mainstream stores.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early 90s - Remember these ??   Early 90s - Remember these ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early 90s - Remember these ??
Page 1 of 1