Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Athiests and Christian holidays

Go down 
+4
Xid
messiaen77
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Athiests and Christian holidays Empty
PostSubject: Athiests and Christian holidays   Athiests and Christian holidays I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:23 am

Why is it that atheists want to protest Christian holidays and public displays but never volunteer to go into work on those paid days off?  Shouldn't they be begging their bosses to let them come into work since they disagree with those holidays and what they mean?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Athiests and Christian holidays   Athiests and Christian holidays I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:35 am

Haha yeah. Not only do they need to work those days but insist on "straight time" instead of Holiday pay!!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Athiests and Christian holidays   Athiests and Christian holidays I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 am

In the words of a dear friend and my best man:  "Some people are just poops."
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Athiests and Christian holidays   Athiests and Christian holidays I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:02 am

I'm declaring a new, and first, Atheist Holiday!

From this day forth, from here on out, let it be celebrated across the land, that August 17th shall be known as Just Another Day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Athiests and Christian holidays   Athiests and Christian holidays I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:32 am

I think some Atheists doth protest too much. It's almost as if their guilt is forcing them to rail against anything related to God in an effort to quiet that still small voice inside.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Athiests and Christian holidays   Athiests and Christian holidays I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 2:43 pm

On a not-really-but-kinda-related note, I remember visiting my friend on Christmas Day at his work-place which had Jewish owners.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Athiests and Christian holidays   Athiests and Christian holidays I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 4:32 pm

So I worked with a Jehovah's Witness once who preached against holiday celebration and how these celebrations exalt man (or men) and should be shunned and never entertained.

But he would gladly take the holidays off with pay.
And it wasn't like he HAD to... he could actually work the day and get triple time.

Used to tick me off.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Athiests and Christian holidays   Athiests and Christian holidays I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 8:18 am

While I do see some irony in my original post, it created a little poop flinging festival when I added it to Facebook.  So, while I was trying to just be a little silly, I don't want to stir the pot and hurt people in the meantime.

As I said in my thread at FB, I do think that Christians need to learn to listen as much as we speak.  Listening to others may actually EARN us a right to speak into their lives before we just machine gun blast them with Scripture.  Sure, the words of God will eventually lead them to a place to encounter God through Jesus & the Holy Spirit.  However, if we aren't willing to befriend people and listen to their thoughts, are we being unloving and just becoming clanging cymbals in their ears?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Athiests and Christian holidays   Athiests and Christian holidays I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 am

I can't give to many details due privacy reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Athiests and Christian holidays   Athiests and Christian holidays I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Athiests and Christian holidays
Page 1 of 1