Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc

Go down 
+7
MikeInFla
ChosenOne
messiaen77
kerrick
alldatndensum
Redeemed Fool
rich71
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc Empty
PostSubject: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 11:56 am

Anyone here now what the verdict is on how well Dangerously Close and Strypers No More Hell To Pay has done so far. I knoe Bride, Guardian, Deliverance and a couple other put out what I understand are reunion cds. I dont think I have to ask about Letter7 they always do well but if anyone has info on their cd. Id like to know that as well. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Do some searches and your wish will be granted.  cheers
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 5:36 pm

I would say that both albums have sold well to their fan bases.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 5:40 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Do some searches and your wish will be granted.  cheers

Yes, or you can follow this link.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:58 am

I'm not sure why it is a given that Letter 7 would sell well but not Stryper.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:01 pm

I was stating that about Letter7 because I think they are bolder for Christ. I cannot support Stryper anymore because of what Michael has said in interviews in the last year. To be honest I think that Letter7 puts out better work then Stryper.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Can't speak for Bloodgood, but Stryper seems to be doing really well. I know that they sold a lot of copies the first few weeks. It was and deservedly so one of the more well reviewed albums of last year. Doesn't look like they are showing signs of slowing down either. Appears they are going into the studio early next year for the new album.

I'm also looking forward to I'm Not Your Suicide by Michael Sweet as well as the book Honestly. I don't read that much but it is one book I am looking forward to reading.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 7:10 am

It would be nice to see soundscan results to determine actual units sold, however since Bloodgood is being sold independantly it will be almost impossible to tell unless Bloodgood releases the amount. 

Wasn't Whitecross 1987 limited to 1000 copies? I know some of those are still available.
Back to top Go down
ChosenNightwolf

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:01 pm

rich71 wrote:
I was stating that about Letter7 because I think they are bolder for Christ. I cannot support Stryper anymore because of what Michael has said in interviews in the last year. To be honest I think that Letter7 puts out better work then Stryper.

What comments are you referring to, rich? If you don't have anything credible, don't say anything at all.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 9:39 pm

I regret saying parts of that post. If I couldve I wouldve deleted it and re-wrote it. Saying that letter7 were better is one statement I would like to take back. Michael, Rob, Tim, and Oz are all talented and gifted artists. I just feel that bands like Letter7 and Bloodgood are bolder for Christ.

I read an interview were he was talking negatively about how other Christains did their thing. He said that he wasnt into being preachy on stage. He said that was his style and he says that when bands have preachy members it usually makes people run the other way. I know Les Carlson pteaches on stage. Hes seems to be the type of believer that when the Holy Spiriy gives him something to say he days it. Michael with the words he used talked down about that sorta thing.

From what Ive read Michael wants to be a rock star. He wants to be accepted on both sides of the fence. He only wants to hang around with seculat artists. He only talks about hanging around with secular artists.

I will not support him and that includes his band Stryper or his book or his solo cd coming out soon. I know Im in the minority and thats fine. I will pray for him and his family and the other members of stryper and their families.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:46 pm

I think Michael can be brash sometimes but I wouldn't dislike them for not preaching on stage. I just went to WinterJame a few weeks back and all the others talked about God and Mercy. But Trevor from TFK didn't at all but that doesn't mean he has a less of a faith then the others. Maybe Michael just doesn't feel led to preach on stage and more or less lets the music/lyrics be their testimony or preaching. I can't really fault him for it buts that just me.

As far as him wanting to hang around secular artist and what not, don't have a probably with that either. Maybe he is sharing his faith with them or showing Gods love to them. I seem to recall someone else who liked to hang out with the "secular crowd" and those that weren't Christian.

I've ordered the book and am looking forward to reading it. I'll let you know how it is. Who knows maybe reading the book will let you into his world and you can then judge him.

Also, I would put Stryper in the category of being bold for Christ. They've made mistakes in the past but theres no doubt where their hearts for serving God are.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:25 pm

I'm not getting the book just because I am not really interested in it.  I will get Michael's new CD, however.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:12 pm

I think all bands in the "Christian camp" have their issues, idiosyncrasies, members who are not completely into the faith aspect, but rather "rock star first, personal faith second", also those who are strong in using their music to evangelize where others are just Christians in a band (in some of those cases, you can't even tell they're a Christian band other than the fact that they're pretty clean lyrically), then there are bands who made it big in the secular world, then came to faith, but still work in the same band (forsaking some of their previous lyrics and stage antics)...

So as you can see there is quite a hodgepodge of Christian musicians who just do what they do - Some are true believers and some aren't (That's not mine to decide) but we should be discerning about lyrics obviously.

As for Bloodgood vs Stryper, I hold them on equal ground as brothers -
as musicians, I prefer Bloodgood. I just think BG has a way better sound and love their hardcore lyrics (not all will agree with me and that's a good thing, both bands need support). I don't mean to intimate that I hate Stryper. On the contrary, I dig them and think their new stuff is excellent, just not as good as BG.

There was a time when I was very staunch about lyrics, and "JPM" - but I've come to appreciate all music, by Christians, mainstream, confused people (ie Lyrics that are sincerely "searching"), etc. The only thing I still and always will not allow in my head are lyrics by hateful, anti-Christian, pro-Satan crap.

(Long answer to a short question - haha)

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:28 pm

On the subject of Christian artists listening to secular music or hanging around with mainstream artists... I'll bet that a high percentage of Christian artists do this just as much as Sweet.

I've read polls in CCM where artists were asked "what's in your cd player right now" - and I was shocked to see what artists like guys from Casting Crowns, FFH, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman and especially a lot of the harder rockin' band members are listening to.  I read a lot of CCM and HM magazines and have read countless artists who were rubbing arms with secular artists and/or listen to mainstream music - also in "Favorite albums" lists, I've seen many Christian artists list secular albums (I once seen Led Zepp's albums listed on one artist that surprised me).

I'm not out to defend M.Sweet, but I think he's been more vocal about some things that most Christian artists also do. As for personality, they're all human - he may struggle with some issues in his personality (I know bitterness was something he talked a lot about in a late 80s issue of HM)... Though these artists represent Christ, they're nothing more than flesh and blood as we are.

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Quote :
To be honest I think that Letter7 puts out better work then Stryper.

I totally agree with that !!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm not exactly sure I would call it better, but I'm finally listening to the new Letter 7 and it is absolutely fantastic! (okay maybe I do like it a little better than the new Stryper). I've only purchased two Christian releases this year and already I think Letter 7 is going to be hard to beat for my number 1 album.

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Guilty/Forgiven I don't hate Stryper. After reading what you posted and thinking about it a bit I agree with a lot of you said. I appreciate you not attacking me and having a civil discussion.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:05 pm

rich71 I hope I didn't come across in a negative, bad way. I sometimes get off on tangents and start rambling off my own opinions and stuff. I didn't intend to direct this TO anyone in particular, it was more like I was just thinking this stuff out loud.

In the last decade or so, I've seen my own sin for what it is - and have learned to put no stock in myself or any humans, be they Christian artists, pastors, or whatever. This has made me speak out a little more on my own shortcomings as well as mankind's sin nature, be they Christians or not.

I hope I didn't come across as attacking or uncivil. If I did, please forgive me. I've been doing a lot of "foot-in-mouth" statements lately... completely unintentional.

(I think I need to do more "proof-reading" of what I type before I hit the "enter" button  Laughing  )
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:41 pm

haven't heard Letter 7 at all... but the last Stryper album was the best release of 2013 and was solid lyrically....  and was awesome musically...     

All of this other stuff is just white noise to me...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:24 pm

In my opinion Bloodgoods was the best of 2013. For 2014 im going with Letter7
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:29 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:
haven't heard Letter 7 at all... but the last Stryper album was the best release of 2013 and was solid lyrically....  and was awesome musically...     

All of this other stuff is just white noise to me...

Agreed. It topped my list as well. I'm a Skillet fan and they put out an outstanding album as well, but Stryper just blew past the competition.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:11 am

Stryper did without a doubt put out a solid release so did Bloodgood. I personally should stop thinking about this in a competitive way. Bloodgood and Stryper are both on the same team. Gospel message put in song.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:10 am

rich71 wrote:
Stryper did without a doubt put out a solid release so did Bloodgood. I personally should stop thinking about this in a competitive way. Bloodgood and Stryper are both on the same team. Gospel message put in song.
Naw the best of 2014 will be SAINT - Broad Is The Gate  Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:30 pm

I think Saint has their work cut out for them if they plan to beat out Letter 7 for me.  GX Project and Seventh Day Slumber could also get a spot in that list of favorites for the year.  I'm also waiting to see if Novella gets cranked back up this year.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm probably not going to budge on my love of Almost Home by Guardian as album of the year for me. The only album that could possibly top it would be the new Disciple album. I know I will be the only one who has it #1 and that's cool.

I have yet to get the Bloodgood album. Truth be told I never really got into them back in the day. I do have All Stand Together and think that that is a pretty good album. I'll eventually get Dangerously Close however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc   Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Verdict on Bloodgood and Stryperetc
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next