Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?

Go down 
+8
ChosenOne
mr.electric40
rockerVu2
oteis
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Dynamis
alldatndensum
12 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? Empty
PostSubject: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:56 am

What were the worst of the worst for you this year?  What albums, whether in CD or MP3 format, do yo wish you had never bought?  Or, perhaps you wish they had never been made?  Share with us the worst of the worst for 2013 and why you think they qualify.  Yes, if it is my album, be honest.  No one is going to get mad at you.  Even if your least favorite is Stryper or Deliverance, put it down.  After all, it's just our opinion.

1.  Newsboys - Restart Deluxe Edition (Almost no guitars--total dance/pop crap)
2.  Icon For Hire - Icon For Hire (Too electronic--are they shifting in a Lady Gaga direction musically?)
3.  Hawk Nelson - Made (Went from a pop punk rock band to a candy coated pop band)
4.  Audio Adrenaline - Kings & Queens (Just ain't the same with Kevin Max)
5.  Passion - Let The Future Begin (While they've been slowing down, the latest worship offering from Passion just left me feeling cold.  None of the songs really connected with me.  Maybe it's time to let the worship music scene go back into obscurity so that better, more memorable songs can be created)

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:04 am

If I had a number 6 slot, I would have added King James - Maximus to the list.  I was expecting a lot more from them than just a re-record with all those annoying snippets and 4 new songs that didn't fit with the rest of their previous material.  I do hope that they do a full length new release in the near future so we can see what they can do now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 11:14 am

Most of those I have not heard, but I agree with your sentiments about the new King James.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:03 pm

I'll have to look back through my new albums this year but King James will certainly be on my list.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:28 pm

So these were my biggest disappointments of 2013.

1. Seventh Day Slumber - Love & Worship (very little rock from this usually rocking band, and uninspired sounding versions).
2. King James - Maximus (lame to not let us know this "new" album was half full of rerecords and short instrumental snippets [that are worthless IMO] out of the few new tracks I only found myself really liking two of them).
3. The Letter Black - Rebuild (I don't hate the album but cannot stand the singers screaming on the album, I really only cared for a handful of songs)

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:34 am

King James - glad I didn't buy it. I liked the first single they released (already forgot the name and I listened to it yesterday). Want more from them just not this.

World View: Yeah, I know it wasn't released but I was NOT impressed with the first 2 songs. Greatly disappointed.

Sacred Warrior: Waiting In Darkness. While I do like it there were a few songs with the vocals buried in the mix. I played it all the time at first but haven't listened to it in a while. The title track happened to play when I had my iPod on shuffle today

Barren Cross: Birth Pangs. Don't have this one either but don't want a live album. Want new studio material

Deliverance: Hear What I Say! is decent but rather short on songs. I can do without a German version of Detox. Take away the intro and we have 8 songs including a Maiden cover (which is the best song on the album)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:43 am

Staybrite wrote:
So these were my biggest disappointments of 2013.

1. Seventh Day Slumber - Love & Worship (very little rock from this usually rocking band, and uninspired sounding versions).
2. King James - Maximus (lame to not let us know this "new" album was half full of rerecords and short instrumental snippets [that are worthless IMO] out of the few new tracks I only found myself really liking two of them).
3. The Letter Black - Rebuild (I don't hate the album but cannot stand the singers screaming on the album, I really only cared for a handful of songs)

I actually like the Seventh Day Slumber album.  Their uninspired versions of these songs, to me, were better than the original uninspired versions.  LOL  The worship scene has been so pushed to be popular that the songs are getting to sound the same.  The lyrics are just rehashed or forced on many worship songs.  The music is just bland with nothing to really draw you to it.  SDS at least made these songs a bit more interesting.

I agree on The Letter Black.  I don't think that I have been able to listen to the disc all the way through yet.  It's just forgettable.

Quote :
Deliverance: Hear What I Say! is decent but rather short on songs. I can do without a German version of Detox. Take away the intro and we have 8 songs including a Maiden cover (which is the best song on the album)

Agreed.  It's too short, and none of the songs really grabbed me anyway.  Maybe I will stick with "Stay Of Execution" and "Learn" as my favorites.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:10 am

Also it seems the vocals are a bit too low on the first couple of tracks. Either that or I just can't understand what Jimmy is singing.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Icon For Hire
The Letter Black
King James
Stryper - 2nd Coming
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:38 pm

For me it is the Rivera/Bomma album.
I can't get into this album.
Maybe I've to try it again.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:26 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
For me it is the Rivera/Bomma album.
I can't get into this album.
Maybe I've to try it again.

the songs were good... the production was atrocious...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:03 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
What were the worst of the worst for you this year?  What albums, whether in CD or MP3 format, do yo wish you had never bought?  Or, perhaps you wish they had never been made?  Share with us the worst of the worst for 2013 and why you think they qualify.  Yes, if it is my album, be honest.  No one is going to get mad at you.  Even if your least favorite is Stryper or Deliverance, put it down.  After all, it's just our opinion.

1.  Newsboys - Restart Deluxe Edition (Almost no guitars--total dance/pop crap)
2.  Icon For Hire - Icon For Hire (Too electronic--are they shifting in a Lady Gaga direction musically?)
3.  Hawk Nelson - Made (Went from a pop punk rock band to a candy coated pop band)
4.  Audio Adrenaline - Kings & Queens (Just ain't the same with Kevin Max)
5.  Passion - Let The Future Begin (While they've been slowing down, the latest worship offering from Passion just left me feeling cold.  None of the songs really connected with me.  Maybe it's time to let the worship music scene go back into obscurity so that better, more memorable songs can be created)

Yeah, I've avoided the Newsboys album because I was afraid of that. I actually liked Audio A's new album w/KMax singing. I actually like them better with him then I did w/Mark. Also, I did also like Passion. When I do just chill out and listen to Worship music, these CD's are always at the top of my list. Really digging Kristian Standfill who sings on those albums. Plus, Crowders version of Heres My Heart is way good
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:49 am

My biggest disappointmen is Deliverance. Feels like they phoned it in which is sad with who played on it.
And
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:51 am

Phoned it in???  What are you taking and why haven't you shared with any of us??  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:33 pm

It feels uninspired to me. I enjoyed As Above quite a bit but this one isn't grabbing me. And I do imbibe the occasional Porter or Stout if you want some.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
And I do imbibe the occasional Porter or Stout if you want some.
Now we're talking. Where's that river you're near?

Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 5:26 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
It feels uninspired to me. I enjoyed As Above quite a bit but this one isn't grabbing me. And I do imbibe the occasional Porter or Stout if you want some.

Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? Black-metal

Black Metal Stout??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 5:35 pm

Dude I want some! Haha that is wonderful. Jeff, is that stuff good, er, should I say, trve grim kvlt?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:43 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I don't know man, I find it hard to accept Ariel being in any bottom 5 lists   Hubba hubba
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:27 pm

It's the Yakima river and I live about 200 yards from it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
It's the Yakima river and I live about 200 yards from it.
Just drove by the Yakima river yesterday when I picked my son up from Police Explorers academy at YTC.

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?   Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?
Page 1 of 1