Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pointless Discussion Vol.6

Go down 
+5
Through The Dark Radio
Mac
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Pointless Discussion Vol.6 Empty
PostSubject: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Let's say you're able to retire right now, with a substantial retirement plan giving you a nice income for years to come.

Do you continue to work and forget the retirement ?
Do you have cool plans for your time ?
Projects ?
Travel ?
Be lazy around the house ?

What would you be doing if you were given retirement now ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:42 pm

If I could retire right now, I'd take it.  Well, I'd retire from secular work altogether.  I'd continue working in the ministry because that's just what I love to do.  Also, I'd keep making music just because I could.  Lastly, I'd geocache as often as I could stand it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:08 pm

I'd retire from my day job, work on music and take my wife traveling.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:25 pm

I would continue to work at least part-time. I'm in a situation right now where I am not at all certain my small company could survive without the revenue I bring in.

But if I had the money I would travel with my lovely wife.

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:31 pm

If I could retire now I'd open my own Bistro. Life long dream of mine! I have a really clever name for it too: Mackenzie's Bistro!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:00 am

I thought it would be Cheese 'N' More or Cheezy Mack's. Very Happy

If we had enough to cover everything (including insurance), we'd probably quit work and do a lot of traveling - to England, Germany, Belgium, Russia, Scotland and more.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:03 am

Quote :
If I could retire now I'd open my own Bistro. Life long dream of mine! I have a really clever name for it too: Mackenzie's Bistro!

How about Mackenzie's House Of Cheese or perhaps Mackenzie's Palace?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:43 am

For a while I would cut my work days down to 3 days mainly to keep certain benefits as well as insurance. I would look for a home to move to as I would not live in an apartment the rest of my life. When taking vacation from those 3 days I would vacation/travel to places I would love to visit. Who knows,one of those travel sites might inspire me to move there. Eventually I would completely retire and live at home but not too soon.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:55 am

I'd keep doing what i'm doing now, helping troubled teen boys. Someday i'd love to live on the coast in the NW and we used to dream of owning a coffee shop there but now there are like a million on the NW coast.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:26 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

How about Mackenzie's House Of Cheese or perhaps Mackenzie's Palace?

Ummm maybe Mack & Cheese Bistro?

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:39 pm

I want to widen my customer base
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:12 pm

So serve fattening food.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Mac

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:17 pm

I would serve a little bit of everything and yes there will be plenty of cheese. People will expect it lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:36 pm

She Eats Cheese wrote:
I want to widen my customer base

I'm already wide enough, thank you very much.

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:20 pm

I would travel the country, and just for fun, I would go to every Disciple show and see how many nights I could go unnoticed before one of the band members says something. Smile
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:40 am

Now that would be funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:35 pm

That's what I'd want to do. Besides finally finishing all the projects I have on my plate, I would start hitting concerts again like I did back in my 20s.

I'd set up a regular weekly exercise regimen (cuz I'd have the time and wouldn't be tired all the time like now).. and eventually begin to build more muscle.

I'd watch more movies and read more.

And most importantly, I'd get back into my previous personal ministry the Lord blessed me with in my 20s (I called it Cornerstone Ministries). I had so much fulfillment putting together packets and personalized information for those stuck in cults or those just getting into a cult -who questioned whether they were in "the Truth" or not.
I used to mail out anonymous unmarked packets of photocopies from their own cult's publications for them to make their own decisions. I had a great response and several requests for packets. That's when I used to conduct seminars on the cults and how to talk to them. At the seminars, I would make available for free all the resources I compiled. Some 20 years later I still meet up with people who were at the seminars and they tell me they still have the material I gave them, and they've been able to use it.. so fulfilling to see God working through this difficult child of His. There's nothing like it.
So that's what I would love to do a lot more of if I were to retire now.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:52 pm

It would be a bad idea if I retired right now.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:24 pm

At least wait until your done with school.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.6   Pointless Discussion Vol.6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pointless Discussion Vol.6
Page 1 of 1