Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pointless Discussion Vol.3

Go down 
+7
sabidoo
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Just_Sue
ishmael81
Samson
Guilty/Forgiven
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Pointless Discussion Vol.3 Empty
PostSubject: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:48 pm

Everyone loves to ponder this question:
Ok, so you come into a large amount of money... ridiculous amount - "never-have-to-work-another-day" amount (lottery winnings, rich uncle's inheritance, whatever) -
What would your plans be for the money ? What would you do for others with it and what would you do for yourself with it ? Let's hear some good honest answers....
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:59 pm

First of all, I pray that this never happens to me, because no matter what I say here, that much money would ruin me.

My intentions would be to give the church its due, and then help out every single missions team that our church helps. Then I would pay off my debts and continue living frugal. I hate to say this, but I would have to disappear and go to another state, because so many people would be coming out of the woodwork, wanting a piece of the pie.

That's what I would WANT to do, but I doubt I would do it. That much money would be a stumbling block in my heart,

Last edited by Samson on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 4:14 pm

First, Samson you may want to fix your typo.

Second, I probably wouldn't want that much money either. I'd probably be one of those folks that blow through it too fast.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 pm

tithe...
then buy a house, pay off my car, set up small trust funds for my nieces and nephews...
house for my folks...
sizable chunk towards my church's outreach center.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:00 pm

I appreciate everyone's honesty here... I agree with all of you.
If I did come into money, I would first hire a reputable company to handle my money for me. I'd tithe, establish several donations to charities I've already been involved in, and take care of some family members in need.
I would then spend the remainder of my days building onto and into our current house to complete all my "honey-do's" as my wife has so many visions for our house.... still Smile
As for me, I would semi-retire, only working a few hours a week (cuz I believe man needs to work until he can't physically work anymore). On my time off, I'd spend my time in God's Word, studying 8 to 10 hours at a time (like I used to when I was single in the early 90s). As for "pleasures", I would buy all the rare Christian LPs I could find, complete my CD collection, and start hitting all the concerts I could.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 am

I was thinking about this last night and want to change my answer.

If it were to happen, I would do like you g/f and hire someone to manage it.  I would only take so much money a month like Rich Mullins did.  Then I would set up funds for my son to go to college and a lump sum when I died as a trust so we could avoid probate.  Then, I would give every year to charities I supported.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:50 am

I'd buy a larger home, give some to various charities of my choosing, see some of the world I have always wanted to see, and I'd geocache a lot more!  Also, I would keep working in the ministry, but I would not accept a paycheck from my church.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 am

alldat,
If you geocache more, make sure you have plenty of safety equipment... Wink
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 pm

I don't play the lottery and have no rich relatives (so it would never happen)...but If I did.

I would likely invest a large portion of it, and find a way to live off of my interest earnings.  I would quit my job, sell my house and move my family (probably out of state).  I would do my best to ensure that my friends and family never new I had come into a fortune (I have heard stories of how the money caused people to be inundated with requests from friends and family members ruining their relationships).  I would try to give as much of the money away as possible (likely anonymously) and still have some financial security.  I would start a new job...with less stress.  I would not give large portions of the money to my children as it would probably ruin them.

I would NOT: buy a big expensive house, buy several expensive cars, yachts, several homes etc.  But I would likely take more vacations.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Quote :
I would not give large portions of the money to my children as it would probably ruin them.

Words of wisdom there !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:20 pm

You could move to Tennessee and be the rhythm guitarist for Mission Of One.  Rockin'

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm

I've studied on this MANY times as I have ample amounts of thinking time while driving.

I would of course make my siblings wealthy and do the cars, boats, house and toys stuff, but then it gets interesting.

I would buy a HUGE parcel of lakefront land in the boonies and start a camp for underprivileged kids and hire alldat to manage it.  I have thought about it so much in fact that I have every building, walkway, shrub and everything all worked out.  Shoot, I might even set up a decent sized amphitheater and bring in cool groups to perform in the summers, all at little or no cost to local churches and youth groups.

I almost forgot, I would buy MASSIVE quantities of BACON!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:18 pm

BACON ALERT!  SABIDOO WINS!!!

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:38 pm

I would give to some christian charity, pay off my mortgage, then bank the rest and live off the interest!  Maybe buy a PS4 too (just because I could! and the last console I bought myself was a PS1 in 1994!)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Let me think about this first.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:52 pm

First, I'd probably buy a phenomenal amount of music and excellent recording gear, to be honest. I'd also get myself a Mazda, probably a Mazda3 (with a standard transmission). I'd send myself on a missions trip to Southern America (probably Brazil, se pudesse). Then, I'd invest in real estate, since that's one investment that is rarely unstable. Finally, I'd donate most of the rest to various non-profit organizations, and keep the rest as a safety cushion.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 pm

I would hunt down Ziad's CD "Do You Believe" and pay WHATEVER it costs just so I could get that dang CD !!!!!
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:30 pm

sorry but this conversation is not pointless enough to warrant the title. please change the title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:18 am

Give money to my church.
Help one of my siblings.
Use some money for the house. Windows have to be replaced and so. 
Ask God what to do with the rest of the money.
And .... maybe buy a bass.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 am

unworthy wrote:
sorry but this conversation is not pointless enough to warrant the title. please change the title.
I disagree, I think it is plenty pointless enough. Laughing

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Staybrite wrote:
unworthy wrote:

I'm sorry but even your pointless comment cannot save this thread from a point which warrants a title change.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:44 pm

unworthy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
unworthy wrote:

I'm sorry but even your pointless comment cannot save this thread from a point which warrants a title change.
I would discuss this further but it just seems.....................................pointless.

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
unworthy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
unworthy wrote:

I would discuss this further but it just seems.....................................pointless.

it's not pointless enough and that's the point!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:10 pm

I tried to sharpen my pencil, but what's the point…
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:24 pm

What's the point of this discussion again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Discussion Vol.3   Pointless Discussion Vol.3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pointless Discussion Vol.3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next