Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An ApologetiX Christmas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

An ApologetiX Christmas Empty
PostSubject: An ApologetiX Christmas   An ApologetiX Christmas I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Yeh yeh yeh... I know it's too early.... but I bought the new installment to the ApologetiX catalogue, which just happens to be a Christmas album.

I like it - give it about a 7 out of 10 (judging sounds and lyrics and song choices).

More clever ideas using mostly 80s songs, which I love. All deal lyrically with the birth of our Savior. Once song "Virgin", a parody of Urgent by Foreigner, is one they previously did back in the 90s -and thank GOD they re-recorded this one finally. The original was horrendous, but they finally nailed it on this album.

I dig Christ in the Stable (Cats in the Cradle) the most... so far. I'm shocked he tackled Jimi Hendrix too ... wow!!

Daniel Band Fan, vous allez adorer celui-ci! Si vous voulez que je partage avec vous, faites le moi savoir.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: An ApologetiX Christmas   An ApologetiX Christmas I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:21 pm

I've been thinking about getting it (you're speaking of Handheld Messiah, correct?). If you say '80s music, then my interest is definitely piqued… Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: An ApologetiX Christmas   An ApologetiX Christmas I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Yup, Handheld Messiah. Album wouldn't fall in my top 5 favs, but it's still an excellent effort - has some clever points, some funnies and lots of talent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An ApologetiX Christmas   An ApologetiX Christmas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An ApologetiX Christmas
Page 1 of 1