Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7

Go down 
+9
Through The Dark Radio
Mac
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Redeemed Fool
Hardkore
alldatndensum
Driven
Staybrite
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:34 am

And I have girls and they have to be up at least an hour before they leave.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:22 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Rabid Rob wrote:
I'll be late to my own funeral
Late for an early grave? Twisted Evil 
Cool 
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm usually early to work. But I have a weird schedule and have to stay on my toes or I'll get all messed up.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Hardkore wrote:
I tend to get out of bed anywhere from 5pm to 9pm. Get to work at 10pm and get off at 7am in the morning. Usually back in bed around 11am.
I have a friend who worked that shift for 5 years (Mon-Fri). He complained that he could never get anything done during the week. He wore ear-plugs and a sleeping mask to bed (he lived on a city bus route).

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
 "Whatd'ya mean I can't get to work on time... got nuthin' better to do"

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 Davem
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:
My son's bus leaves for school at 7:15 am.
So late?  School starts here at 7:20 AM.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 pm

School starts around 9 and ends around 3 here.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:21 pm

School started at 7:10 when I was in High School... I never understood why it wasn't just 7 am straight up ??
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:48 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
School started at 7:10 when I was in High School... I never understood why it wasn't just 7 am straight up ??
Because it gives the teachers 10 minutes to get their whips ready Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:08 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Most states have a required number of minutes they have to be in seesion per day/week. That's why there's some funny times out there. The local high school where we live starts at 7:15 AM and gets out at 2:35 PM. Why not cut lunch 5 minutes and leave at 2:30?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:50 am

Right ?? Weird
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 5:46 pm

My exact hours are:
9:00 - first period (in class at 8:55)
10:20 - second period (with 5-minute break at 10:15)
11:35 - lunch
12:30 - third period
1:50 - fourth period (with 5-minute break at 1:45)
3:05 - the end, with end-of-day announcements

Funny thing is, because the middle school kids share our building, they end school with us at 3:05 even though their classes are technically supposed to end at 3:10. Little kids… Mad
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:19 am

The school I work in is way to large to house middle schoolers too.  We have over 2,200 high school students this year.  Most of the classrooms are packed to the max, and we are having new enrollments every day.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:33 am

Wow, your school must have a really huge coverage for students - that, or it's at a really big city.

I think the largest English high school in my city holds about 1,000 high school students, and there's another one, that's a bit smaller, that includes the Grade 8 (second year of middle school) kids. The English are a majority, though, and the French system is a lot smaller. Our school totals about 330 kids from middle to high school. (In fact, the school used to be 4 schools, iirc: 2 elementary schools [one of them in the neighbouring town], a middle school and a high school. I can't exactly remember, since I only ever went to this one school.)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:06 pm

I think the U.S. is just more densely populated than most of Canada.
Back in 1985 (when I graduated from High School), my graduating class was almost 600 students, the two classes below us where about 900 and 1100...so around 2600 students in one 3 year High School.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:32 am

Alldat wrote:
 The school I work in is way to large to house middle schoolers too.
FIXED:
The school I work in is way too large to house middle schoolers too.

--- The Spelling Nazi strikes again Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm almost never late.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Alldat wrote:
 The school I work in is way to large to house middle schoolers too.
FIXED:
The school I work in is way too large to house middle schoolers too.

--- The Spelling Nazi strikes again Twisted Evil 
I work with the special needs kids.  Spelling isn't really important with these guys.  lol!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:49 am

Spelling Nazi disagree. Spelling Nazi say all must spell correctly or be beheaded. Spelling Nazi has spoken.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:49 pm

Amen 
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 pm

That would make a lot of people lose their heads.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Spelling Nazi disagree. Spelling Nazi say all must spell correctly or be beheaded. Spelling Nazi has spoken.

jocolor

Don't make me send my two severe autistic boys to smack you down, Spelling Nazi.  I know how to bribe them.  Mwahahahaha!!!  affraid

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:05 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

jocolor
Don't make me send my two severe autistic boys to smack you down, Spelling Nazi.  I know how to bribe them.  Mwahahahaha!!!  affraid
And Grammar Fascist will come and help the smacking of the Spelling Nazi Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:58 am

First promise you won't get jealous.

While my schedule is technically 8-5, we don't have a time clock.  Instead we have to enter the number of hours we work on a specific project each day into a timekeeping system that lets the bean counters know how much to charge the agencies that we are doing the projects for.  My previous manager was so lax I could come to work when I wanted and leave when I wanted, as long as I had 40 hours in the timekeeping system (pretty much an honor system; fortunately I'm an honorable guy). My current manager, however, is a bit more high strung; if he sees folks come in at 8:30 he gets a bit upset, even if they are working until 5:30, unless they've filled out an "alternate work schedule." In other words, he tends to micro manage. Sad 

All that being said, I am usually at work before 8, sometimes as early as 7 (like on Wednesdays, when I go straight to work from my 6 am Bible study), and I usually work until 5:15 or so.  I have to be careful about working late because wifey-poo gets a bit peeved if I don't tell her I'll be late for dinner. Smile  So I guess I almost never go to work late.  Lunches, however, are another matter; somehow I can never do it in just an hour.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:02 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next