Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7

Go down 
+9
Through The Dark Radio
Mac
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Redeemed Fool
Hardkore
alldatndensum
Driven
Staybrite
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Ok boys and girls time again for another silly, idiotic, and otherwise trivial question for all of you to either answer or ignore!

How often are you late for work (or school)?

If you don't work or go to school, let us know that too (and we can try not to be jealous of you) Laughing

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm maybe late once a month for school… There's different degrees of "late" for me, though… there's getting in just before the national anthem/prayer/announcements, getting in just after that, and getting in much later. If something comes up and I'm not early, it's usually one of the first two.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:00 am

Cool!  Another dumb kwestion!  I actually like these things, so please keep it up.

Ok, to answer the question, I am rarely late for work.  I cut it close a lot, but seldom am late.  I might be late 1-2 times per year.  When I was still at the tire factory, being late twice in 6 months would get you written up.  That then stayed on your record for a year.  Once written up the first time, another late occurrence would get you suspended.  A third during that year and you were terminated.  So, I made it a point to not be late.  I guess it's a good habit to have.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:47 am

Extremely rarely. In my 17 1/2 years at Walmart ,I could probably count them on my hands.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Wow, that's impressive guys.  I have to admit that I am often between 5 to 15 minutes late to work (probably about three days a week).  It's mostly because of my commute, due to traffic it can take me anywhere from 45 minutes to 75 minutes to get to work.  Because my office is in my employer's house it is kind of frowned upon to be more than about five minutes early.  I don't punch a time clock so this isn't really that big of a deal, I can always stay a few minutes late (and often do even if I don't come in late).

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Cool!  Another dumb kwestion!  I actually like these things, so please keep it up.
I'll try to remember to post one weekly, but I'm much better at responding to existing threads then I am at starting new ones.
But I have a list of like 80 of these questions on my computer at work, so I just need to remember to do it each week.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:04 am

Since I live where I work the only time i'm late is if I sleep through the alarm when i'm on wake up shift.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:35 am

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Since I live where I work the only time i'm late is if I sleep through the alarm when i'm on wake up shift.
I didn't know you lived where you work.  But it makes sense that someone would need to be there full-time to keep the "inmates from running the asylum" asit were.

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:37 am

Yep, we live on the compound as we joke about here. Each staff family has it's own house but at times it really feels like there's no separation.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:18 pm

I'm very active prior to going to work - I may be doing a project or deep into a book, sometimes I have gut problems and well, quite frankly can't get out of the bathroom on time.... so I would say a couple times a week I may be 3 to 5 minutes lates = But that's all ! Never beyond 5 minutes and most days I'm a few minutes early. I figure they cancel things out that way.
I'm blessed to work a job that I can call a lot of the shots. Back in the day when I worked for other establishments, I would get warnings and even written up for being a minute late.
The worse I ever was with timing was as a 16 year old working for a convenience store. I lived 20 minutes from them and I would lollygag prior to leaving for work, thus making me a tad late. I got pulled to the Manager's office and scolded, so instead of leaving earlier to be on time, I would leave about the same time or even later and SPEED to get there on time. Course that wasn't wise. I got my first ticket EVER cuz I was doing 90 so as to not be late. The cop asked "do you know how fast you were going ?" I said yessir, I was doing 90. The cop was SO impressed that I told the truth and was honest with him, that he wrote the ticket for 65 = only 10 over !!! Said don't do that again. Course I was like 15 minutes late to work, but I had an excuse this time = I just showed him the ticket Laughing
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm, rarely to late for appointments.
It's something I hate  ... being to late.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 3:57 pm

My job is pretty laid back. Since I'm salaried I don't have to punch in to a time clock. As long I put in at least 40 hours and my work gets done I'm good!

Today we were late for church and I felt real bad about it
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Today, I got to my pew about 10 seconds before the worship leader said welcome. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 7:07 pm

I got there in time for the second song!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I'm very active prior to going to work - I may be doing a project or deep into a book....
How early do you get up for work?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I'm very active prior to going to work - I may be doing a project or deep into a book....
How early do you get up for work?
My wife gets up at 5 and I roll out of bed in pain and grouchy shortly thereafter* (Don't have to be to work until 8 ). If I don't get up early, take my meds, eat b-fast and move around a bit, I will be worthless at work.

* did I mention I HATE mornings.... with a passion ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:22 pm

Yikes 5am, I have a tough time getting up before 6!

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:10 pm

I'm with you as I have sleep apnea. Want to join my, down with mornings, club?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:20 am

Staybrite wrote:
Yikes 5am, I have a tough time getting up before 6!

When I used to work for Bridgestone, I had to get up at 4 AM.

Now that I work at a school, I get up much later.  I get up at 5:40 AM. 

On the weekends, I really sleep in--even on Sundays.  It doesn't interfere with my youth pastoring at all.  I sleep until 7 AM.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:29 am

I get to wake up at 7, 7:15 for school. I grab breakfast, take a shower, make lunch, and get ready to leave. I can't imagine getting up as early as most of you. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:38 am

I'll be late to my own funeral
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:42 am

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 Tumblr10
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:51 am

Rabid Rob wrote:
I'll be late to my own funeral
Late for an early grave? Twisted Evil 

I usually skate it right before I should be at work.  Now when I actually do work, that's another story Very Happy

I get up about 4:50, do my exercises using the Wii, take the dogs for their run, eat breakfast, shave, shower, get dressed and head on to work aroudn 8.  On Mondays, I skip the working out since I have to be there at 7:30.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:27 am

Redeemed Fool wrote:
I'm with you as I have sleep apnea. Want to join my, down with mornings, club?
Yep, sign me up....I do not dig the mornings at all. I routinely sleep in until 9 am on weekends (have to go to last service Sunday Mornings at 11 am).

danielbandfan wrote:
I get to wake up at 7, 7:15 for school. I grab breakfast, take a shower, make lunch, and get ready to leave. I can't imagine getting up as early as most of you. Razz
My son's bus leaves for school at 7:15 am. I have to have him up by 6:50 or he will never make it.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:31 am

I tend to get out of bed anywhere from 5pm to 9pm. Get to work at 10pm and get off at 7am in the morning. Usually back in bed around 11am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #7
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next