Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bands playing live.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Bands playing live. Empty
PostSubject: Bands playing live.   Bands playing live. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:04 am

We all went to the shows of our favorite bands when they play in your neighborhood.
I think it's great to see and listen to your favorite bands live.
You see them when they are tuning their guitars, basses, you see their faces when you really are "into" the music.
Have you had special moments while you were listening or talking to your favorite bands, band members?

Have you been to the concerts of very special bands?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Bands playing live.   Bands playing live. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:19 am

I can hardly say that's happened, except being able to talk to the Daniel Band briefly. Tony Rossi was packing guitar gear, but was kind enough to sign the album I handed him.

One cool moment was this, where Rex fronted a song with the DB:

You could tell the band was having fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Bands playing live.   Bands playing live. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Chatted with the boys of Apologetix several times.. it's always a blessing to talk with them. (also spent over an hour talking on the phone with Apologetix's guitarist Karl Messner -cool guy, but very talkative and business like... still bummed that he left the band in 2007)
Shook Kevin Max's hand after a DC Talk concert. He was by himself walking through Knotts Berry Farm and I caught up with him to thank him for a great concert. Real humble neat guy.
Met the 1993 lineup for Newsboys post concert.
My son went up to pray with some of the Skillet band members after a concert, which was pretty cool.
That's about it... no real amazing stories.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bands playing live.   Bands playing live. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:22 pm

I've got to talk to Bride and Disciple at several shows. I even got to talk to Troy Thompson of Bride--at a Stryper show!

I've also seen the one live performance of Red Sea. At that show, I got to meet Jamie Rowe of Guardian and the drummer from The Brave.

I got to talk to and get autographs from Whiteheart and Rachel Rachel.

I got autographs from Petra at an album release in Nashville.

I met Andy Denton of Legend/Legend Seven at a shopping mall in Nashville. I also met the lead singer of SonicFlood at Opry Mills mall a couple of years ago.

I got to meet Rex Carrol once at a Stryper show as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bands playing live.   Bands playing live. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:51 am

I've met Troy Thompson of Bride.
Members of Inner Siege, X-Sinner, Whitecross.
That was very cool.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Bands playing live.   Bands playing live. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:29 am

When I was still into punk a buddy and I went to Warped Tour here in ST Louis. I took a wrong turn for parking and ended up where all the bands had parked their busses/RV's. I was getting ready to turn around when I saw Yuri Ruley, drummer for MxPx, who just happened to be my favorite band at the time. I rolled down my window and said "Hey Yuri, I think I too a wrong turn." He looks around a second and goes "Unless you're the new guitarist for the Deftones, you definately took a wrong turn." We laughed and I told him to have a good show, he said thanks and we went and found the parking.

Shorter story, I went to see John Mark McMillan about a year ago. I was still on Fakebook at the time. I got to meet him afterwards and I mentioned posting something on on of his posts and he goes "Oh yeah. That was funny. I showed all the guys in the band and they thought it was cool."
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bands playing live.   Bands playing live. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:40 am

I also got to hang out with the guys from Blissed one night and have a picture around here somewhere of me and Robert Sweet.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bands playing live.   Bands playing live. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:51 am

I've met the members of King James too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands playing live.   Bands playing live. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands playing live.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: