Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
libertynjustice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
libertynjustice

libertynjustice

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  Empty
PostSubject: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 4:05 pm

Hey Guys, hope everyone had a great Holiday Season and here is looking forward to 2013! There are lots of things to speak about, so thanks for taking the time to read this. This will be more of an update then a press release. 2012 marked LNJ's 20th year anniversary, and we released a ton of new music, "15 Years Later" (exclusive single for MRCD9 for www.melodicrock.com), "In Time" & "Grinch" (free songs you can download at www.reverbnation.com/libertynjustice), and of course the release of 3 new studio albums "Hell Is Coming To Breakfast", "Before The Revolution: The Best Of LNJ The Early Years" (Preorders), and our last ever all-star project the 26 song mammoth "The Cigar Chronicles vol. 1 and 2" (with a release date of 2-26-13, but anyone who preorders will get the disk early and digital files of songs the same day). You can get all our LNJ CD's (all 13 of ‘em) plus a lot of other LNJ swag and merch at www.libertynjustice.net.

"The Cigar Chronicles" CD's are preparing to be shipped to all preorders. They have been ready for more than a week, but I messed up on some of the electronic rights on "The Covers" side and the manufacturer was holding the CDs until I got all the proper paperwork (thanks Mark Lanoue). When JK and I started working on this CD we envisioned a bigger label taking the CD so we could reach a bigger audience. We quickly found out a lot of labels wanted the project (7 offers) but the offers were minimal at best, and we had a better chance of recouping by releasing ourselves and licensing a certain amount of CDs to other labels (Roxx, Nightmare etc). We have decided that "The Cigar Chronicles" featuring all 26 songs will be a very limited, 1,000 CD run, and "The Cigar" will be rereleased as just the 13 original songs plus 3 new tracks later in 2013.

We are truly blessed to have "you" as a listener of our music. We did not do a kick starter or another fundraiser to finish the project - we just made a record. Through your preorders and supporting this project we were able to keep marketing the project and reach a larger listener base. We have plans on making a music video, starting a radio campaign for a single, and doing ads on different websites. If you were going to get a copy of "The Cigar" we ask that you preorder it for 2 reasons: firstly, we have already presold more than half of the 1,000 and if you want this very limited release we hope you pick up a copy before they are gone, and secondly, to help us raise the revenue needed to do what we need to do to market the CD. Some have asked and the answer is yes, iTunes will carry all 26 songs (2-26-13) for a limited time but we are offering the same digital files for less ($15.99) now.

The track listing is.......

Volume 1 (the covers)

1. "Ice Ice Baby" Seann Nicols (Adler's Appetite/ Tarsha) & Eddie Ojeda (Twisted Sister)
originally recorded by Vanilla Ice

2. "I Can't Dance" Stevie Rachelle (TUFF)
originally recorded by Genesis

3. "Pride (In The Name Of Love)" CJ Snare (Firehouse/ Rubicon Cross), George Lynch (Dokken/ Lynch Mob), & Jeff Pilson (Dokken/ Foreigner)
originally recorded by U2

4. "Stayin' Alive" Kip Winger (Winger)
originally recorded by The Bee Gees

5. "YMCA" Kelly Keeling (Baton Rouge & Trans Siberian Orchestra), Chris Dickens (Mission Of One) & Neil Zaza
originally recorded by The Village People

6. "Iris" Tony Harnell (x-TNT/ Westworld) & Alex Grossi (Quiet Riot/ Hotel Diablo)
originally recorded by The Goo Goo Dolls

7. "You're So Vain" Phil Lewis (LA Guns) & Chris Green (Rubicon Cross/ Furyon)
originally recorded by Carly Simon

8. "Queen Of The Night" Selena McVey & Brooke St. James (Tyketto)
originally recorded by Whitney Houston

9.."Blame It On The Rain" Andrew Freeman (Hurricane/Offspring/30 Stones), Pete Fry (FarCry) & Eric Ragno
originally recorded by Milli Vanilli

10. "Bye Bye Bye" Chas West (Bonham) & Jeff LaBar (Cinderella)
originally recorded by N'Sync

11. "Dancing On The Ceiling" James Christian (House Of Lords)
originally recorded by Lionel Ritchie

12."Stuck In The Middle With You" Larry Worley (FearNot), Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (Guns N' Roses), Andy Robbins (Holy Soldier/Joe Lynn Turner), & Anthony Gravley (Windup Rocket)
originally recorded by Stealers Wheel

13. "Mmmbop" Jamie Rowe (Guardian), Anthony Gravley (Windup Rocket), Roxx Hunter
originally recorded by Hanson

Volume 2 (The Originals)

1. "Devil His Dues" Derrick LeFevre (formerly of Lillian Axe), Vic Rivera (Crunch), Michael Feighan (White Cross) & Barry Graul (Mercy Me/ White Cross)

2. "The Greatest" David Cagle,Mark Allen Lanoue (Chasing Karma/ Bilioxi), & Brad Stetler

3. "Cupids Gonna Bleed' Gunnar Nelson (Nelson),Steve Brown (Trixter) with Barry Carl (Rockapella)

4. "Under Construction" Eric Dover (Slash's Snakepit/Jelly Fish),Mark Kendall (Great White) ,Ian Keith Hafner (Jaguar Blaze) & Eric Ragno

5. "Been There Done That" Ted Poley (Danger Danger) & Richard Kendrick (Straitjacket Smile)

6. "Grace" Michael Bormann (Jaded Heart/ Rain/ Charade), Phillip Bardowell (Unruly Child/ Beach Boys) & Mark Slaughter (Slaughter)

7. "Sucker Punched" Rick Stitch (Hotel Diablo), Jerry Dixon (Warrant) & Xander Demos

8. "Broken Bones" Giancarlo Floridia (Faithsedge), Greg Martin (The Kentucky Headhunters), & Chad Stewart (Faster Pussycat)

9. "Sin" Jani Lane, Bill Leverty (Firehouse), & Keri Kelli (Alice Cooper)

10. "Give Em' A Light" Paul Shortino (King Kobra/ Quiet Riot/ Rough Cutt) & Dave Henzerling (King Kobra/Steelshine)

11. "Daddy Long Legs" Louis St August (Mass) & Tim Gaines (Stryper)

12. "Cut Me Mick" Ron Keel (Keel) & Michael Phillips (Deliverance/ The Sacrificed)

13. "Tomorrow" Terry Ilous (Great White/XYZ),Ron Wikso (Foreigner,The Storm,David Lee Roth,Richie Sambora,Cher, Gregg Rolie Band), Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, Ian Paice,Glenn Hughes, Edge Of Forever and Eden's Curse) & PK Mitchell

additional background vocals by Richard Kendrick,Giancarlo Floridia, Phil Vincent, Michael Stover, Frankie Cleaver, Bryan Cole

With "The Cigar" being the last all-star project, what does the future hold for LNJ? We have stopped being a project and started being a band featuring David Cagle (vocals), JK Northrup of King Kobra/XYZ fame (guitars), Justin Murr founding member of LNJ (bass), Eric Ragno of China Blue/Graham Bonnet/FaithsEdge (keys) and Michael Feighan of White Cross/ King James (drums). We have already recorded 11 out of 12 songs for our debut LNJ the band project. The CD will be a concept album dealing with falling in and out of love, depression, and finally restoration. The album is sort of an insight of what Murr was going through a few years ago and how his marriage was saved. We are really looking forward to having you guys hear this remarkable, and hopefully for some, life changing release.

A lot of people have asked will LNJ the band perform live. We are in the process of finishing up and announcing a few dates at playing a couple of festivals, opening for a couple of cool bands, promoting our own show and always looking to book a few more. If interested in bringing LNJ to your city, email Justin Murr atjustin@libertynjustice.net.

JK Northrup and Justin Murr are also offering a service to record "YOUR" song(s)! Get more info at www.libertynjustice.net under the store link.

Wanna hear (and see) some songs off "The Cigar Chronicles"........
"Sin" Jani Lane, Bill Leverty, Keri Kelli, and LNJ's own JK Northrup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taHH-CrR0Kw
"Stayin' Alive" Kip Winger & JK Northrup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Cjpn6a308
"Ice Ice Baby" Seann Nicols (Adler's Appetite/ Tarsha) & Eddie Ojeda (Twisted Sister) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcMNO4aNhWc
"The Greatest" David Cagle,Mark Allen Lanoue (Chasing Karma), & Brad Stetler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTQsJoR2z_0
"Daddy Long Legs" Louis St August (Mass) & Tim Gaines (Stryper) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk1yXUp4lGk
(The Greatest & Daddy Long Leg videos were made by Jim Madonna for Mountain High Video Production)

God Bless,

Justin Murr
www.libertynjustice.net
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 6:38 pm

I finally ordered me a copy of "The Cigar Chronicles" this morning!

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 7:08 pm

libertynjustice wrote:
JK Northrup and Justin Murr are also offering a service to record "YOUR" song(s)! Get more info at www.libertynjustice.net under the store link.

God Bless,

Justin Murr
www.libertynjustice.net

I looked it up. Pretty cool idea, but I'm not sure I get it. Would you just record the song for the songwriter, or does the songwriter submit an idea for a LNJ song?

I'm considering it… At this point the only thing lacking in my songs is good guitar and vocals (so basically a lot) Laughing
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:27 pm

If they are charging you, then this would most likely be YOUR song just with their players on it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
libertynjustice

libertynjustice

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 am

danialbandfan we (like alldat said) would be recording your song..... with JK on guitars. We've done this for a few people and it varied by customer some one a song they could sing on, so we put the track together help write and produce said song and give the tracks to the customer to sing on. Others have one a cool copy of a song or lyirc they wrote and did not want to play or sing on there own track so we recorded the whole song for them and sent them the finished product. It is a case by case deal and JK is an incredible arranger and guitar player (and I'm ok too).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Have you thought about possibly being a "label" and signing artists, Justin? You could provide the musicians they cannot and help them be heard for a portion of the writer's royalties.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:21 am

To be honest I'm not really a fan of secular music.
I'm looking forward to the new band.
Michael Feighan is a very good drummer.

Are the songs of the new band all Christian songs or in vein of the last CD?
Back to top Go down
libertynjustice

libertynjustice

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 8:47 pm

hey rocker 95% of the original songs are christian the other two I wrote about my wife.....

the cover songs are mostly goofy pop songs that we rawked up

the band project is a concept album about falling in and out of love, depression, grace and restoration

hey alldat that label thing could be cool Smile
Back to top Go down
libertynjustice

libertynjustice

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 pm

hey rocker here is one of the songs off the original side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZVEFGxXTSM&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:58 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
To be honest I'm not really a fan of secular music.
I'm looking forward to the new band.
Michael Feighan is a very good drummer.

Are the songs of the new band all Christian songs or in vein of the last CD?

The new CD has one disc that is secular cover tunes. Nothing really wrong with the lyrics. Even though I am on one of the songs, I don't care for disc one much. The songs on there never really meant a lot to me.

Disc two of The Cigar Chronicles is what you really would want to get. The songs are definitely more Christ centered. Sure, some of the songs are about things that Justin has gone through in the writing process. But, the album as a whole points you to Christ. Disc 2 is worth getting the whole project for.

Both projects are "all-star" in their approach with multiple singers, guitarists, and even a guest bass player.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:10 pm

As my "music bills" come down some, I'll be getting the Cigar album.
I personally love what I'm hearing.
As far as the Christian faith that shines thru on disc 2, that feeds my love for lyrics that honor God. And as far as the cover tunes that rock CD 1, I love the creativity and overall music. I have an appreciation for music, beit Christian or secular as I believe all music comes from God - He created it. It's humans who have ruined a lot of good music with lyrics dishonoring to God... and thankfully the projects L&J have released do not have God dishonoring lyrics. I choose to use the word "innocuous" -

ie I listen to a lot of Fleetwood Mac cuz the albums or songs that I have are innocuous (harmless) lyrically. Not for or against God and His standards. Music was designed by God to 1st be a means to glorify and worship Him, and second to be enjoyed by His children.

Even ApologetiX has taken this to a new level, by taking many secular songs that are actually against Christianity or just very immoral, and putting God-honoring lyrics to the songs. So it's not the song, it's the lyrics.

Again, I can't wait to catch up on my funds so I can get the new album!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update    Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liberty N' Justice Big 2013 Update
Page 1 of 1