Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Another band signs off...

Go down 
+4
Driven
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
ChosenOne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne


Number of posts : 858
Age : 45
Localisation : Iowa
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Not really hard rock, but the DCB aka David Crowder Band announced that the tour they are on now will be thier last tour. Apparently working on thier sixth and final album as well. Sad. This was the one band that got me into worship music.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum


Number of posts : 22672
Age : 52
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 3:19 pm

I like some of their songs, but didn't like them after seeing them live in Nashville once opening for Third Day. Mr. Crowder kept talking down to the crowd like everyone there were ignorant backwater hicks. I didn't care for it, and felt very insulted by it. I quit buying any CDs with his music except for the Passion discs.

However, when I saw them in February on the Winterjam tour, he did not do that. Maybe he was going through a tough time in his life/career.

Regardless, I wasn't much of a fan and won't really miss DCB.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2


Number of posts : 16270
Age : 93
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:03 pm

There a some songs of the David Crowder band I like.
But not much to say I'm a fan of this band.

Moved this thread to the Melting Pot.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven


Number of posts : 6210
Age : 104
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Never cared for them either, listened to one of their albums and can't even remember it.

alldatndensum wrote:
I like some of their songs, but didn't like them after seeing them live in Nashville once opening for Third Day. Mr. Crowder kept talking down to the crowd like everyone there were ignorant backwater hicks. I didn't care for it, and felt very insulted by it.

What do you mean by that, did he talk with a weird accent or what?
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann


Number of posts : 494
Age : 39
Localisation : Cincinnati, Ohio
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:24 pm

I like their music. It'll be a shame to see them go.

This is my favorite by them:


I also love this video:
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Black Rider

Black Rider


Number of posts : 1561
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Wonder why? They seem very popular so you'd think they could make it musically. I only like a couple songs, too much technoish type sound.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum


Number of posts : 22672
Age : 52
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:11 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Never cared for them either, listened to one of their albums and can't even remember it.

alldatndensum wrote:
I like some of their songs, but didn't like them after seeing them live in Nashville once opening for Third Day. Mr. Crowder kept talking down to the crowd like everyone there were ignorant backwater hicks. I didn't care for it, and felt very insulted by it.

What do you mean by that, did he talk with a weird accent or what?



No--he kept making jokes and sarcastic remarks about Tennesseans. It was pretty insulting.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne


Number of posts : 858
Age : 45
Localisation : Iowa
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Wonder why? They seem very popular so you'd think they could make it musically. I only like a couple songs, too much technoish type sound.

I'm not sure why either. I have a feeling David Crowder will continue on as a solo worship artist, just not with the band as it is known. Years before they signed, he was on an independant label that marketed worship music by releasing music by actual church groups. He released a cd under the UBC (University Baptist Church) and some of those that played on the cd would go on to be in the band. So I don't think we have heard the last of David Crowder
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven


Number of posts : 6210
Age : 104
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:02 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:
Never cared for them either, listened to one of their albums and can't even remember it.

alldatndensum wrote:
I like some of their songs, but didn't like them after seeing them live in Nashville once opening for Third Day. Mr. Crowder kept talking down to the crowd like everyone there were ignorant backwater hicks. I didn't care for it, and felt very insulted by it.

What do you mean by that, did he talk with a weird accent or what?



No--he kept making jokes and sarcastic remarks about Tennesseans. It was pretty insulting.

Sorry you went through that. The Newsboys were a lot nicer, saying it was nice to be in Canada, the land of hockey.
Back to top Go down
ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77


Number of posts : 87
Age : 59
Localisation : Texas
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:35 am

Always liked DCB (although I've never caught them live). Their studio output is unique among the often cookie-cutter "worship music" genre. Sad to see 'em go, but I agree that we've probably not heard the last of Crowder himself.

Peace,
Rob What a Face
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum


Number of posts : 22672
Age : 52
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:29 pm

If you liked Crowder, then you might also want to check out Gungor. While Gungor never uses any of the techno flavorings, their writing style is just as quirky as DCB.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77


Number of posts : 87
Age : 59
Localisation : Texas
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Listening to Gungor's "Beautiful Things" now ... it's quite different from Crowder overall, but similar in that they both employ a pretty broad palette of sounds and textures. I can see this stuff growing on me ... thanks for the tip!

What a Face
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77


Number of posts : 2151
Age : 51
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:09 am

ProgPariah77 wrote:
Always liked DCB (although I've never caught them live). Their studio output is unique among the often cookie-cutter "worship music" genre. Sad to see 'em go, but I agree that we've probably not heard the last of Crowder himself.

Peace,
Rob What a Face

That's what I like about them, their willingness to fully engage their creative juices when it comes to worship. I just feel like too many people hold back in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven


Number of posts : 6210
Age : 104
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks for the bump, dude. So this article came today, I think.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Another band signs off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band signs off...   Another band signs off... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Another band signs off...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Whitecross - Signs of the End
» Whitecross 2.0 - Signs Of The End
» Under Command signs with Intense Millennium
» End of September signs with Ulterium Records
» Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: