Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian rock music now and then.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Christian rock music now and then. Empty
PostSubject: Christian rock music now and then.   Christian rock music now and then. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:35 am

We have talked about so many bands have the same sound.
Do you think the Christian rock music in the 80's and 90's was different than the contamporary music?
I have read the complain can be that many modern rock bands have the same sound.
You can listen to a song and fill in the names of a modern rockband.
Do you think the Christian music is influenced to make more "radio friendly".
Or music to catch the attention of the secular band fans?
Or it's the influence of the label to press bands to make more "populair music" than they really meant to do.
I mean the Christian bands have lost their freedom to use their gifts of writing lyrics and music they like?

Are there bands now who release music that has a complete other sound.
I think to the Finnish glam rock band Desyre?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Christian rock music now and then.   Christian rock music now and then. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:25 am

I'm one of those who think that a lot of modern rock sounds the same. That is why I am a little selective in the modern rock bands I listen to (probably only about a dozen). But I think that is the same with most hardcore/metalcore bands and most neoclassical style power-metal bands as well (even a lot of straight blues sounds "samey" to me as well)

I think Alldat said something like this once "If the music sounds "samey" to you then that's probably because it is a genre (style) that you don't really like that much"

I think the reason many Christian bands sound like secular bands is the same reason that a lot of the secular bands sound the same.....they are just influenced by the same kind of music. True some bands play a certain "popular" style to appeal to fans of that style of music and expose them to "Christian lyrics".....but I certainly don't think the bands would play that style of music if they did not enjoy it.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Christian rock music now and then.   Christian rock music now and then. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:44 am

Quote :
I think Alldat said something like this once "If the music sounds "samey" to you then that's probably because it is a genre (style) that you don't really like that much"

I don't know if I said it or not, but I'll take credit for it! lol! Actually, I did say something like that. I believe it, too. For example, all death metal sounds the same to me. Why? I don't listen to it. I don't get to know the artists enough to discern one singer or guitarist from another. Thrash is the same way for me.

While there are similarities in modern rock bands (it's the genre), you find it in every style. Don't most European metal bands sound a lot alike? Don't a lot of pop bands sound similar? Don't a lot of rap artists sound similar? If you enjoy the style of music, you will get to know the differences. Face it, I can tell Flyleaf from Fireflight. I can tell Disciple from Skillet (even though musically they sound very much alike now). I can tell Kutless from Red from Decemberadio from Pillar from Decyfer Down from Since October and on and on. Each of the vocalists sound different to me. But, some of the guitar tones are different.

The main question to ask is this: do I like this band even though there are similarities to someone else? If so, then don't worry about other people's opinions and just crank it up.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Christian rock music now and then.   Christian rock music now and then. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:26 am

[quote="alldatndensum"]
Quote :

The main question to ask is this: do I like this band even though there are similarities to someone else? If so, then don't worry about other people's opinions and just crank it up.

That's been my philosophy for years. Why care if it sounds like they pull influences from another band? It's very rare that you see a band who sounds absolutely different from every other band out there. If you enjoy the bands music as well as the band they pulled influences from, why complain?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian rock music now and then.   Christian rock music now and then. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian rock music now and then.
Page 1 of 1