Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snert

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist Empty
PostSubject: Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist   Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:29 pm

I didn't know if this topic is correctly placed at the Christian Metal Realm, so I thought it's time to return to CHM and re-register here Smile
I didn't find a similar topic so I guess it hasn't been discussed before...

In my vacation in the Netherlands I stumbled upon a new solo album by Ed Kowalczyk, the vocalist of the rock band Live.
I have three albums by Live, love the music and the vocals. But I always felt a little bit uncomfortable with the lyrics, 'cause they were influenced by a mix of spiritual beliefs/religions tending to buddhism.

So I checked the song names - they sounded spiritual again (The Great Beyond, Zion, In Your Light, Souls Whispers), but somehow I thought they may tend to christianity this time. Unfortunately I couldn't read the lyrics in the shop.
When I returned from the vacation I checked for information about Ed's beliefs and found pages that speak of him finding Christ! He obviously sent a letter to radio stations with the following message:

"My name is Eddie Kowalczyk, I am the lead singer and songwriter for the band LIVE. Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. In consideration of the value of your time and the mad pace of our "twittering" world, I'll cut right to the chase. My heart and soul have been saved; redeemed and rebooted and restarted by the Lord Jesus Christ. His Resurrection is my Salvation and my Strength forever!
The song "Forever", which I am asking you to share with your listeners, is a document of my faith and a joyous noise unto the infinite and unfathomable Love of Jesus Christ our to and our Savior. It gives me great pleasure to share it with others who have tasted the sweet peace and freedom that only the Lord can give.
Thank you for this opportunity and may God Bless you and yours"

Link

The lyrics of the album are not explicitly adressing Christ, but there is a christian undertone in lines like: "Take me up to King David, think I gotta Psalm runnin' through my head, bring me over to King David, gonna sing it now for all my friends - Take me up to Zion, where no harm shall come to me, no fire will light upon my cloak, and the sons of iniquity" (okay, these lines could be jewish as well).

Nice to see this change in the beliefs of another great musician!

Here's a live clip of his song Grace (there are others of the studio version i think, but they won't work here in Germany):

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist   Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:01 am

Howdy Snert, welcome back.

I was a huge fan of Live in my pre-salvation days. And I do remember many "mystical lyrics" from Ed (their song T.B.D. is about the Tibetan Book of the Dead). I do remember seeing something about Ed finding faith in Christ a little while back, sadly he also had a big falling-out with the rest of members of Live. I have kept meaning to check out the lyrics on his solo album, but somehow keep forgetting.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist   Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:17 am

Hey Snert, welcome to CHM.

I hope you have had a good vacation in Holland?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist   Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ed Kowalczyk - Alive / Solo-album by Live vocalist
Page 1 of 1