Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

They don't play anymore.

Go down 
+3
ChosenOne
silentthunder89
rockerVu2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

They don't play anymore. Empty
PostSubject: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Bands come and go.
We all like it to discover new bands.
Sadly band quitte to and hang their guitars, basses high in a big oak tree ( no not really a geochache They don't play anymore. Icon_lol )

It's always sad when a band announced they are done.
Each member goes his/her own way.
Some band members start a solo carreer.

What are the bands you feel sorry for they quitte?
You really liked them and bought their CDs .Now they don't play anymore
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:30 pm

One band I'm really sad that hung up their guitars is this band called Triggersoul. They were on the verge of making it big. They had just signed with a label and were going to release their debut EP, but their guitarist died in a tragic car accident. While they had already completed the album before the accident, they chose not to release it and to call it quits. I can certainly understand why they would call it quits, it hurts me that their career had to end so soon because they sounded so good and were so close to making it big. I just wish they would've released the EP (at least in memory of their guitarist).

Other bands that have broken up that I wish hadn't include: Chasing Victory, Poor Man's Riches, and Seven System.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Triggersoul had said in one of thier last blogs that they were going to release the album but alas nothing ever came of it. I believe the guys in This Fires Embrace knows them and if I attend thier concert here in August, I may ask them if they know anything. But yes I agree this was a band that left before it was thier time.

Poor Mans Riches are still planning on releasing thier new album according to a post I read from singer Jeremy Zeller. He has a new project called Soft Like Fire, http://www.myspace.com/softlikefire. I really liked the song Still Breathing that PMR had up years ago.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Quote :
Triggersoul had said in one of thier last blogs that they were going to
release the album but alas nothing ever came of it. I believe the guys
in This Fires Embrace knows them and if I attend thier concert here in
August, I may ask them if they know anything. But yes I agree this was a
band that left before it was thier time.

I didn't know that! I'll be seeing them in a couple weeks at the Ichthus festival as well. I'll ask and see what I can find out.

Quote :
Poor Mans Riches are still planning on releasing thier new album
according to a post I read from singer Jeremy Zeller. He has a new
project called Soft Like Fire, http://www.myspace.com/softlikefire. I really liked
the song Still Breathing that PMR had up years ago.

Yet again, I had no idea! I got the chance to see them at a battle of the bands in Lawrenceburg, KY a few years ago. I'll have to check these guys out.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:14 am

Triggersoul talked about releasing that album for more than 2 years, and sadly nothing ever came of it.
In the modern rock camp I really miss Hammertown (I think one of their members died as well) & Spirit Creek. On kind of a modern rock meets classic kind of camp I really wish Cynical Limit would have put out their second album

As far as the old-school bands there are quite a few of them I wish would make more music...Red Sea, Die Happy, Ezra, Fighter, Fear Not, Holy Soldier, Joshua (supposedly he is), Leviticus, MATW, Neon Cross (I know they are supposed to but it has been years), Rage of Angels, Ransom, Rez, Rose, Sacred Warrior, Siloam, Tykkus, Watchmen, Whitecross, White Heart, Zaxas

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:43 am

Narnia, Jonah 33.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:47 am

ChosenOne wrote:
Triggersoul had said in one of thier last blogs that they were going to release the album but alas nothing ever came of it. I believe the guys in This Fires Embrace knows them and if I attend thier concert here in August, I may ask them if they know anything. But yes I agree this was a band that left before it was thier time.

Poor Mans Riches are still planning on releasing thier new album according to a post I read from singer Jeremy Zeller. He has a new project called Soft Like Fire, http://www.myspace.com/softlikefire. I really liked the song Still Breathing that PMR had up years ago.

I talked to the guys from This Fire's Embrace last night before their show about Triggersoul. They said that they recorded some demos before the guitarist died, but after that nothing else really happened. They never did put an album together to even think about releasing. TFE also said that the guys from the band are pretty much doing their own thing now, meaning the band isn't even together anymore They don't play anymore. Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:19 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
.... TFE also said that the guys from the band are pretty much doing their own thing now, meaning the band isn't even together anymore They don't play anymore. Icon_sad

I'm not terribly surprised to hear that, I read in an interview with the singer/song-writer that because of how far apart they lived that they seldom even rehearsed together.

Stryped Forever

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:38 pm

I used to follow Tiggersoul on myspace a lot when they were working on their album titled "Restoration". The album was in fact recorded and was set for release when the guitarist died and then the label dropped them. Believe it or not the album was released online as a download from a few independent music sites, not sure if it was a legit or not but it was available for a very short time.
I found a link on rapidshare if you want to download it...

http://rapidshare.com/files/400135247/TRIGGERsoul.rar
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrypedForever.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:45 pm

I doubt it was legit, but it may be the only way to get those tunes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:01 am

Stryped Forever wrote:
I used to follow Tiggersoul on myspace a lot when they were working on their album titled "Restoration". The album was in fact recorded and was set for release when the guitarist died and then the label dropped them. Believe it or not the album was released online as a download from a few independent music sites, not sure if it was a legit or not but it was available for a very short time.
I found a link on rapidshare if you want to download it...

http://rapidshare.com/files/400135247/TRIGGERsoul.rar

Cool! Thanks a lot, Stryped! When I was talking to the guys, they said Triggersoul never did any actual recording under a label. The only thing they did was get some demos recorded. I'd say these are probably just those demos, but Alldat is probably right. This is pretty much the only way to acquire these tunes.
Back to top Go down
Noah

Noah

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm sad that Bride will be done after this next CD. You just can't beat those guys.
Man, no body quits faster than Christian bands. Why? Not sure, but I hear they a lot of people in the industry part of Christian music have no idea what they are doing. Ofcourse, now-a-days thing seem to be looking up. I don't think Christian bands have ever been more popular than they are now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crosswireband
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Hey Silent, are you going to check out the Day of Fire show. One of thier last or did you see it?
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:53 pm

ChosenOne wrote:
Hey Silent, are you going to check out the Day of Fire show. One of thier last or did you see it?

Oh, I definitely went! I actually skipped Skillet to go watch (I know, Call me crazy, right? lol) I'm really glad I did though. They put on a really good show. It was also kind of emotional when they started talking about how it would be one of their last shows before their "hiatus." However, when he said it, he did say it was temporary. This makes me think that they will be back at some point in the future. If I remember correctly, I think they did the same thing after the Cut and Move album. Although they didn't formally announce it, nobody really heard from them for a year and a half or so. So hopefully this hiatus will be over soon.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Stricken has officially called it quits via Myspace status update They don't play anymore. Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:49 am

Noah, I agree with you.
Maybe a time off will inspire Bride to write excellent lyrics and will release a very cool CD.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:02 am

Quote :
Stricken has officially called it quits via Myspace status update

So much for a follow up to their 1st album, huh? I hate that as I really liked what they put together the first time around.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
Stricken has officially called it quits via Myspace status update

So much for a follow up to their 1st album, huh? I hate that as I really liked what they put together the first time around.

Bummer, if they have recorded anything I hope they at least release it.

PostSubject: Re: They don't play anymore.   They don't play anymore. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They don't play anymore.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: