Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade

Go down 
+3
Bsax
alldatndensum
Dreams
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade Empty
PostSubject: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:34 am

My brother-in-law brought this back from Hong Kong today...and this release is just pure ear candy! Better than anything TFK has done in the past.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:23 pm

How did he get this so early? I thought the release date worldwide was Sept. 8th?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dreams

Dreams

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:41 pm

I don't think that everything sold over the table in Hong Kong is legit. When I was stationed in Korea, I could get music at a fraction of what it would cost in the States. The problem is that it's difficult to tell what is a legitimate copy or not. The Pirates are experts at copying the covers as well as the CDs. Supposedly here in Germany one out of every ten Microsoft titles comes from Russia and not Redmond. I didn't know when TFK was to release their new CD, but my brother-in-law picked up several CDs and DVDs in Hong Kong before returning to Germany...TFK included.

Anyway...I fell in love with this release the first time I listened to it.
Back to top Go down
Bsax

Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:21 pm

Oh man now I'm REALLY excited! I just bought 2 new CDs today though so i might have to hold off until later in the months. What's the lighter song situation like on the album?
Back to top Go down
Dreams

Dreams

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:44 am

There are two ballads on the CD. Track 5 is a ballad-hard rock mix that is most certainly going to get some air play. The vocals on that song are fantastic. Overall this release packs more of a punch than TFK's earlier efforts. For example...track 3 is a metal/hard rock mix. There are some very good hooks throughout the CD, and I haven't really picked any one as my favorite. I rate a release by how many songs I like on the CD...1 star being only one track, then all the way up to 5 stars for 4 or more tracks. I would easily give this one 5 stars.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:46 am

I have this preordered from Amazon, but they are showing that they aren't going to ship until the 14th. I may cancel the order and just go hit Lifeway on Tuesday. I want this and the new BarlowGirl. I want to hear more of the BG disc, though, before buying. The last one was a little disappointing to me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:12 pm

I am listening to the new disc right now. I won't say that it's BETTER than anything they've done in the past, but it does remind me more of "Phenomenon" which is my favorite of theirs. I think I need a couple more listens before I really give my thoughts, though.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Mine is ordered and hope to listen soon .... very soon.
Back to top Go down
Bsax

Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:31 pm

I finally got the CD and I LOVE it. I think it's probably my favourite album so far. It never ceases to amaze me that i can like them more and more with every new thing they release.

Do you have a favourite song yet Dreams? I think mine is either the last track Already Home (I have a tendancy to like the last track on their albums the best) or track 5 E for Extinction. I know a lot of you guys aren't as big on TFK's slower stuff but i have to say I'm really excited about the amount of lighter tunes on this one too

5 stars from me Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:29 pm

I just got this as well. Only listened once but it isn't bad. I am digging the tune "Look Away". Definitley hear some Phenomenon in the new stuff. Good stuff
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:09 am

I haven't played this much lately. I've been wearing out the new Bride and Skilet discs. But, I will spin this today.

Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:46 pm

This gets me amped for the new album. I like the pre-release single they did via MP3, and thought it hearkened back to more of the "Phenomenon" era, and in reading your comments, now I'm more convinced that I need this. The last album sort of left me cold for some reason, just didn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Quote :
The last album sort of left me cold for some reason, just didn't do much for me.

Oh yes, this album will get you all "Fired Up" Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade   Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thousand Foot Krutch - Masquerade
Page 1 of 1