Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Missing...guitar solos

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
Bsax
Static Fuse
topshot rhit
Dreams
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Missing...guitar solos Empty
PostSubject: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Loads of new Christian rock...but where are the guitar solos?

I miss em'
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:32 pm

It's not the "in" thing and actually takes some skill.

Static Fuse

Static Fuse

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Shameless plug: Check out the new Static Fuse disc -- chock-full of solo's, vocal harmonies, grit, and attitude!

www.staticfuse.com

Ok, that's enough spam for me today! Spam
Back to top Go down
Bsax

Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Check out Unforsaken too! some really good soloing

http://www.unforsaken.ca/samples/na/na.html
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:49 pm

I agree. Cool to see some of the indie artists like Unforsaken, Static Fuse, and Mission of One, Letter 7 etc. actually doing solos. But it seems like anyband that wants to get played on the radio just totally ignores the lost art of guitar solos.

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Id also recommend Ashes Remain. They incorporate a solo in virtually every song (even the slow ones). And their guitarist was rated one of the most talented new gutarists by guitar center magazine.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:06 am

It's true. I've said that before: guitar solos are extinct. Grab any Van Halen album (not Van Hagar), and every song has an awesome guitar solo. That's just one example.
Same with concerts. Back in the 80s, bands dedicated segments of the concert to full on guitar/drum/ even bass solos. God, I miss that.
It's a display of talent and makes a song less monotonous.

BRING BACK THE SOLOS !!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:04 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
Id also recommend Ashes Remain. They incorporate a solo in virtually every song (even the slow ones). And their guitarist was rated one of the most talented new gutarists by guitar center magazine.

Very cool band, one of the very few modern Rock bands I can listen to over and over without losing interest.

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:42 pm

I'm waiting to see if their next CD is as strong.

silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:07 am

topshot rhit wrote:
I'm waiting to see if their next CD is as strong.

When I talked to the guitarist last year at Ichthus, he said they were getting ready to rerecord their "Last Day Breathing" album with the addition of a few new songs because they just got a record deal. I don't know if that's still the plan though. But from the songs Ive heard on their Myspace, its still pretty tight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:27 pm

Solo breaks are an integral part of song composition, IMO.

Listen to any of the big band records and they will have a claranet or trumpet solo that would rival Eddie Van Halen if you'd play the same notes on a guitar.

Yes, some solos are self-indulgant or jarring, but for the most part, they are necessary if you want to have a complete song.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:52 pm

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the solos are integral parts of songs. However, I will say that I really do like them and wish more people did them in the modern rock scene!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:27 am

Sometimes when I kick back with some tunes I like to imagine that's me up there sawing the strings in some wild solo. It's no fun when rock music is played like one big smashed pumpkin. Where's the individuality? What would Rush or Tourniquet be without Pert or Kirkpatrick's display of power. For me listening to a rock song without a solo is like someone massaging my back with a cheese grader.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:28 pm

For me a guitar solo is a part of a song.
A song without a chorus isn't cool too isn't it?
Maybe it fits in this time, but there's nothing so good in a song as a good guitar solo.
And some guitar solo's are good ... very good ... extremely good
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:18 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

A song without a chorus isn't cool too isn't it?

Yeah, then its just rap ROTFL
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:51 pm

silentthunder89 ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing...guitar solos   Missing...guitar solos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing...guitar solos
Page 1 of 1