Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ultra rare Christian rock bands.

Go down 
+3
kethdredd
nazpastor
rockerVu2
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. Empty
PostSubject: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:24 am

Some CDs you can buy year after year.
There are Cds too who are very cool, but ultra rare.
Do you have ultra rare albums?
Most of the time it are bands from the 80's
Or are you still searching for ultra rare albums you love to have?
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:39 am

Personally, I pretty much have everything that I know about. If it was released on CD, I pretty much either own it or have not heard of it. There are a few exceptions to that rule, a lot of death and thrash metal I don't care for and have gotten rid of a lot of those.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:13 pm

I've got a few that I've been searching for for a reasonable price.

Broken Silence- Discerning the Times
Guardian- First Watch
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Broken Silence is really tough. Japanese full length CD a few years ago. I have only seen two of them for sale, ever and I own one of them. There is a shorter version of that disc with fewer songs.

I have two versions of First Watch, one by Enigma - the original and one that was done by G-man records as a re-release several years back.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:29 pm

My rarest Christian albums are probably:

Recon - Behind Enemy Lines (original Intense release)
No Innocent Victim - Strength (REALLY RARE!)
Steven Patrick - Red Reign
Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:13 pm

I have quite a few that I am searching for. I have found some of them, but I'm just unwilling to pay the outrageous prices they seem to go for.

Besides the instant I plop down $35 for that difficult to find Scarlet Red, or Recon release, two days later Retroactive records will announce that they re-issuing it.

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 5:24 pm

Recon was re-released by M8, with some bonus tracks.

I don't see Scarlet Red being re-issued, that was on Pure Metal and for some reason they don't seem to get re-released, at least not officially.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:26 pm

nazpastor wrote:

Yes but even that is OOP, and impossible to find for under $25 or $30.

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Staybrite wrote:
nazpastor wrote:

Yes but even that is OOP, and impossible to find for under $25 or $30.
I finally bought a copy of Recon's "Behind Enemy Lines" about two weeks ago. I opted for the original Intense release and paid $35 for it used.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:20 pm

I have sold Recon for much less than that in the past. I don't have a spare copy right now, but if I come up with another one, I will post on here before I go to ebay with it. I haven't really been buying very many CDs. I used to buy lots of hundreds of CDs and keep the ones I didn't have and sell the spares or duplicate to pay for the ones I kept. I have built a huge collection of Christian music that way, but it take a lot of time and effort to turn all fo the spares around.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Traxter - Rock N' Race

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:45 pm

I didn't find the Traxter disc worth the hunt. Production quality was not great and the music was pretty generic for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:05 pm

Prodigal - All three
Malcolm & The Mirrors - Red Alert
The OT Band - Ipso Facto
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:57 pm

Nick, how does The OT Band and Malcolm & The Mirrors sound?
It it classic Christian music?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:18 pm

The OT band was hard rock with pop leanings very good, but I think they just put out the one ep. I never heard anything more from them.

Malcolm and the Mirrors was hard rock mixed with just a touch of new wave (I really stink at the genre-game, but that's what I'd call it). It was a harder rockin' project from Malcolm from the pop duo Malcolm & Alwyn. Good album, but I doubt many people remember them anymore. They also had only one album that I know of.

Stronghold also might go on this list, but with the album being made available for download, it's not really ultra rare anymore, just not well known.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 7:34 am

I think Messiah is a rare band too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:46 pm

avdb11 wrote:
I think Messiah is a rare band too.

I think you are correct. I don't think I have even seen a copy for sale that was less than $35.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:05 pm

Some rare albums are very expensive.
I have tried to get two original Mastedons, but the price of one CD is so high that I am content with my CD-R's
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:46 am

I have several rare CDs. I also have some ultra rare cassette only releases on CD-R.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:56 am

It's cool to own some ultra rare CDs or cassettes.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 4:08 pm

I'ma proud owner of the X-Sinner "Get it" CD wich was my very first cd. Still runs....

I'm still looking for David Zaffiro's "The other side" on cd. Got it on vinyl but it doesn't really fit into my cd player in the car. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 4:50 pm

777rocker wrote:

I'm still looking for David Zaffiro's "The other side" on cd. Got it on vinyl but it doesn't really fit into my cd player in the car. Very Happy

We had an elderly lady in our church some years back. She bought a new car, fully equipped with a CD player. She was so thrilled and told everyone about how fascinating the "tiny record player" in her car was. She was equally perplexed about why she could only get it to play if the shiny side was down. She complained about how it must be broken because when she turn her "album" over, it just wouldn't play it. lol!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:18 am

What a funny story is this nazpastor.
For us things like a cell phone, a computer an iPod and a CD player are normal.
I am sure our parents are having problems with these things.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:33 am

avdb11 wrote:
What a funny story is this nazpastor.
For us things like a cell phone, a computer an iPod and a CD player are normal.
I am sure our parents are having problems with these things.

My dad is 63 and my mom is 59. Mom has had a cell phone and a few months ago they decided to get Dad one also. I would have loved to be there for that. Mom had it set up and had an obnoxious ringtone set on Dad's phone. She gave it too him and when she called it to let him hear it, he told her not to give his number to ANYONE until he could get the ringtone changed. They then set about trying to figure out how to get the ringtone changed. Like 4 hours later he figured it out and only then was she allowed to pass his new number out. They now each carry their phone and if Mom wants something while she is in the back of the house, she will call Dad to ask him to bring it to her (she does have some medical issues, so he has to help her sometimes). They are very funny to watch when they try to figure something out. He on one side of the room and she on the other inspecting their phones and comparing what they have done to get to a certain menu.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:35 am

Your mom and dad are very modern on that age to get a cell phone.
I think they have had fun to check out the cell phone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultra rare Christian rock bands.   Ultra rare Christian  rock bands. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultra rare Christian rock bands.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next