Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meet Moxie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Meet Moxie Empty
PostSubject: Meet Moxie   Meet Moxie I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2022 10:38 am

Ok, is it just me or is anyone else more than a little creeped out about this? Maybe it's because I watch (and read) too much science fiction (especially the dystopian kind). But this "product" makes me think of two possible outcomes in the very near future.

1. People will stop interacting with other people. I mean we are already headed there with our faceless internet connections to "people" (many of who pretend to be something else). Eventually new humans (children) will be birthed and raised by automated intelligence and not real mothers and fathers. (heck we've nearly eradicated fathers already in some neighborhoods).

OR

2. The advent of A.I. toys raising our kids with create easy access to subvert an entire generation against their parents (something the leftist college professors have been doing for years). Only now the government (or Big Tech/Amazon) can program & monitor your child's "new friend" from any remote location and use your child (and his toy) to report any parental behavior that the government or Big Tech finds to be out of line with their agenda.

Watch this two minute add and tell me what you think.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Meet Moxie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Moxie   Meet Moxie I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2022 11:49 am

I think the two points you mentioned are intertwined. First taking kids away from their parents instead of having the parents spend time with them parenting playing spending time with them. Once enough interaction has been subdued and the folks are basically out of the picture, then the robot could start “training” them.

Yes, I watch a lot of sci-fi as well.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Meet Moxie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Moxie   Meet Moxie I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2022 12:13 pm

Just a tad creepy.

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Meet Moxie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Moxie   Meet Moxie I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 pm

It is very creepy to me.

I could see this being used incorrectly for many things.

I see this as lazy parenting.  If you want your kid to have excellent people skills, then talk to them.  Spend time with them.  Read with them.  Teach them how to be awesome people and not expect someachine to do your work as a parent.  With internet companies already spying on everything we do online and trying to sway us to buy this or that, influence elections, shunning conservative thinkers, etc., I ultimately see this as a way to brainwash your kid to whatever agenda the highest bidders are willing to pay the manufacturer of this toy.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Meet Moxie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Moxie   Meet Moxie I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 7:15 am

This is AI with Haley Joel Osment .  Freaky as heck.   Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Meet Moxie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Moxie   Meet Moxie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2022 3:55 pm

Ok, not to drudge my old unpopular thread about social calamity, but I just saw a trailer for a horror/thriller movie that totally reminded me of that Moxie thing. 
This looks like something that Kerrick would enjoy.  Laughing

Meet Moxie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Moxie   Meet Moxie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Moxie
Page 1 of 1