Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock) Empty
PostSubject: Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock)   Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2022 1:48 pm

I stumbled upon these Norwegians on FB and really dig 'em.  I don't know much about 'em other than they're "Christians in a band."  I'd categorize their music as female-fronted heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock but they don't exactly fit into any one genre (obviously, haha).  Fans of Leonov take note!  I recommend listening to the whole song as it ebbs/develops some as it progresses.

https://www.facebook.com/Omegashift/
https://omegashift.bandcamp.com/releases

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock)   Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2022 2:46 pm

I dig the vocals, and the crunchy guitar tone.  Definitely more "progressive" than I typically like for my gothic/doom music.  They do keep the lengthy song from getting boring though.

kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock)   Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 5:37 pm

Their album is available on CD now through their Bandcamp page. It costs ~$15 including shipping from Norway to the US which is quite the deal IMO. It is so far my album-of-the-year; I just can't get enough of it. Highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock)   Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 10:08 pm

Great album! It and Trinity’s Memories of the Ancient Presence have been wonderful surprises this year.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock)   Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 11:04 am

^Yes indeed! Those are definitely my two favorites released this year thus far. (Miriam's acoustic album is up there too, though not dooooom in the least haha.)

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock)   Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 11:54 am

kerrick wrote:
^Yes indeed!  Those are definitely my two favorites released this year thus far.  (Miriam's acoustic album is up there too, though not dooooom in the least haha.)
True Strength’s is my number 1 at this point, but those two are in second and third.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock)   Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Omegashift (heavy/doom/gothic metal/rock)
Page 1 of 1