Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorites for 2021!

Go down 
+8
topshot rhit
kerrick
Black Rider
Fundy
Staybrite
Pethead
Xid
alldatndensum
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Favorites for 2021! Empty
PostSubject: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 3:21 pm

I know--here we go again.  We have to make a list of the albums we really liked or loved for this year.  Some of us have bought quite a few albums and that makes compiling a list difficult.  Some of us haven't bought much at all and that also makes putting together a list kind of hard.  But, I am still curious, what were your favorites this year?

Here are some suggestions for the thread:

1.  There isn't a requirement of how many you should list.  You have a top 3?  Okay.  You only bought one album?  Okay.  You need to make a detailed top 20 with explanations as to why you loved them?  Okay.

2.  For the sake of this board, I would ask for you to keep your list relegated to Christian only releases.  I realize this will make it more difficult for some as you haven't bought as much Christian as secular this year.  We only do this to promote bands and artists that are trying to share the gospel in some form or fashion with their art.

3.  Keep it in the realm of hard rock/metal/modern rock/thrash/etc.  We don't need Jim's favorite Christian polka band making into the list.

4.  Reissues DO count.  Some reissues were never on CD before, and therefore it would have been difficult for us to have heard them any other way.  So, we will count them if the reissue happened in 2021.  While I didn't buy a lot of reissues this year that I previously had on CD, I did buy a few that were taken from other sources, remastered, and released on CD for the first time.  I want to count those, so why shouldn't you?

5.  HAVE FUN WITH THIS!

6.  There is no number 6, but it made this announcement look more official and that it would drag on forever which it could potentially do if I keep on typing and typing and typing.  You will probably start praying that I have a heart attack and die if I keep this up.  You may already be praying that if you really know me, but I really don't want to know which of you are praying for my demise.  Of course, if you are doing so, at least be a pal and send cash to my wife to help cover the expenses of my cremation so that she can move on with her life and find happiness again instead of being poor and destitute forever.  Okay, I think that is enough rambling, and I hope at least one of you were gullible enough to continue reading to the very end.

santa rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer
      rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 4:30 pm

I think the only album I got this year was Darkhorse Hero - Living for a Bigger Kingdom.

Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 4:33 pm

I think I’ve only bought Trytan’s Blood of Kings for 2021 releases, but it’s great! We’ll see if I snag any others before year’s end (or if Santa brings me any).

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 7:31 pm

Oh man all I bought new this year was Christian Polka!  Thwarted by rule #3!  Laughing

I'm gonna go with a top 4 (since I got 8 new albums this year).  Most of which I have thoroughly enjoyed.

1. Warpriest - Dark Ages.  No sophomore slump for this doom artist!  The addition of Mrs. Warpriest on co-lead vocals was a stroke of brilliance.  I expect more great things from this talented duo in the future.
2. Gale Force - Subhuman.  Absolutely fantastic to hear Mike Lee/Drive and Tracy G back in action and I think they did a fantastic job on this album. 
3. All For The King - Let There Be Light  Another fantastic sophomore album.  This has to be my favorite European band right now.
4. The Brave - I liked this album much better with repeated listens.  There were a few tracks I found myself skipping with repeated listens, but overall a fantastic album from this veteran band.

Honorable mention.  I really liked Limberlost's second "extended EP" "The Good Fight" the only thing I didn't care for was the throwaway cover of "Stand By You".  It just didn't fit with most of the album and I tend to skip it every time.

Disappointments  Crying or Very sad
1. No new Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band album this year
2. No new Joshua's Creed album this year
3. No new Evans & Stokes album this year

Last edited by Staybrite on Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fundy, Guilty/Forgiven and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2021 3:43 am

I can't do a 'top' list yet, as I've got 9 albums on the way that are all new releases (or re-releases) that I haven't heard yet.

However, here's a top 5 that I can say at the moment...

1 - Gale Force - Subhuman.  Brilliant to hear Mike Lee on vocals after such a long time.  Even though the lyrics aren't as open as Barren Cross, this album still packs a punch and I've listened to it loads.
2 - Moonshine Zombies - Great album from the guys behind WhiteRay.
3 - Northern Flame - Twisted Reality
4 -Trytan - Blood Of Kings.  Again, great to see another vocalist come back after such a long time.  I think this would have been my number one, as I'm a lyrics guy, and this one has great lyrics.  It also fits well in with the other Trytan albums.  My only gripe is that the songs are too long.  I'm a fan (bit like Chris) of the 3 - 4 minute songs.  I can handle longer ones, but not too many of them.
5 - Bride - Here Is Your God.  An early 2021 release (I think it was almost 2020).  Another good Bride album, and in my opinion, their best in many years.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Last edited by Fundy on Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2021 6:49 am

I didn't realize that they had released their second one yet.  I knew they were working on it, but I had not seen that they even had this available until I saw your post.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2021 10:17 am

Trytan  Great album with great musicianship
The Brave  Nice comeback after the last one
Gale Force
All For the King

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2021 12:37 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I didn't realize that they had released their second one yet.  I knew they were working on it, but I had not seen that they even had this available until I saw your post.

I'm confused, what artist/band are you referring to?  scratch

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2021 4:42 pm

All For The King?

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 9:10 am

Yes, it is All For The King.  I can't get the stupid quote thingie to work!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 11:40 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Yes, it is All For The King.  I can't get the stupid quote thingie to work!

That stinks! Evil or Very Mad

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2021 1:45 pm

My top three are:

Warpriest - Dark Ages
Dalit - Moksha
Crowned In Sorrow - In Memoriam

('twas a great year for doooooom!)

Other albums I really enjoy:

Apostisy - The Paradox Of Existence
Death Therapy - Melancholy Machines
Irgalom - A Great Light
Irgalom - Pools Of Water
Northern Flame - Twisted Reality
OLTAS - Illusion Of Control
Pantokrator - Marching Out Of Babylon
Reflection Of Glory - Escape The Dream
Reminiscent - Memory Of The Scars

Last edited by kerrick on Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Reminiscent which was released at the tail end of the year!)

Staybrite and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2021 6:11 pm

I just couldn't get into that Death Therapy, too techno for my blood.
Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2021 6:51 pm

Death Therapy is one of the greatest band names ever. 

Favorites for 2021! Aaca4347-3bde-43fc-b74e-8bc2da170312_text

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2021 6:53 pm

^LOL.

Re: Black Rider, I hear ya.  While I do prefer the first two albums, I still enjoy it for what it is and it's nice having something quite different in my library.

Have you heard his Wisdom & Wages Christmas EP?  It's pretty fun!

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2021 10:06 pm

I'm pretty sure I haven't purchased anything this year so I'll say All For The King just because.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 3:08 am

topshot rhit wrote:
I'm pretty sure I haven't purchased anything this year so I'll say All For The King just because.
lol!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 3:09 am

kerrick wrote:

Northern Flame - Twisted Reality

I forgot about that!  Love that album.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 9:34 am

I will try to get my list put together in a few days.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2021 3:49 am

My nine CD's are still circling in a plane somewhere.  If someone spots them, could they grab them and bring them to my place.

Thanks.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2021 7:31 am

Fundy wrote:
My nine CD's are still circling in a plane somewhere.  If someone spots them, could they grab them and bring them to my place.

Thanks.

Hey, at least they aren't on a cargo ship being held off the coast of California.  While other states opened emergency ports to get merchandise and parts flowing again, we still have 91 of them just sitting there.  One has been there since Oct. 14 and probably won't get unloaded until after 2022 begins.

Your plane will have to land sometime.  I don't think they do mid-air refueling for civilian planes.

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2021 5:59 pm

Since it was reissued this year and it’s one of my very favorites and I got it for Christmas, I’ll say:

Petra: Not of This World (Legends of Rock series)

Staybrite and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2021 2:24 pm

I guess I am the only one buying ridiculous amounts of music this year.  So, here is my list:

1.  THE BRAVE - Evie's Little Garden
2.  All For The King - Let There Be Light  (Just heard it was out not long ago and got it.  Loved it!)
3. Darkhorse Hero - Living For A Bigger Kingdom
4.  Chariot - History Lesson
5.  Weapons Of God - The War Between Us
6.  Thee Final Chaptre - So Let It Be Done  (Would have ranked higher if not for a 9 minute song)
7.  Galeforce - Subhuman
8.  Swingle & Thomson - Firestorm
9.  Modest Attraction - Get Ready (reissue)
10.  Christian Lilgegren - Melodic Passion
11.  Moonshine Zombies

And that's it, folks.  I bought more than this, but some I didn't care for as you can see from the Least Favorites for 2021 thread.

Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2021 2:28 pm

Gonna add Brotality: Worldwide Devastation to my list.
Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2021 1:51 pm

Another for my list and in the top spot now:

Angel 7: Victory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorites for 2021!   Favorites for 2021! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorites for 2021!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next