Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Least Favorites for 2021

Go down 
+4
deathisgain
Fundy
Staybrite
alldatndensum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Least Favorites for 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2021 7:02 am

While some of us bought more than others, here is a place to tell us what you DID NOT like or were just disappointed with.

Don't dog the artist and insult their craft.  Just list what you didn't like and maybe a brief snippet of why you didn't care for it.

1.  Dale Thompson & The Boon Dogs - It had potential, but it just left me feeling like the songs were just not finished.  I was expecting something grand, but it just didn't deliver.

2.  LVictoria - Warrior Life:  This had one decent song and the rest was all over the place musically.  It just wasn't the hard rock EP I thought it was going to be.

3.  Craig Phillips - Short Supply:  It was advertised like it was a rock album but it feels more country than rock to me.  I just didn't care for it.

4.  Mark Pogue - Kingdom Come:  It was definitely a worship project.  I was hoping it was in his rock style, but it came off as just another worship album.  What is sad is that it is a download and I can't even use it to trade with.

5.  Here is the one that will get me some unwanted attention......

Trytan - Blood of Kings:  The length of the songs ruins this for me.  My ADHD kicks in and I start wishing the songs were over at around the 5 minute mark.  Had they kept the songs at that length, I would have enjoyed this.  As it is, I probably won't buy anything else they do in the future.  I will probably get rid of all of their albums as I don't listen to the others in reality.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2021 12:28 pm

I really made an attempt to avoid the stuff I wouldn't like.
I remember getting the N.O.G. album a few years ago (one of Dale Thompsons earlier "singer for hire" albums) after only hearing two of the songs and I ended up getting rid of it because I really couldn't listen to the whole album without wanting to skip more than half of it.

The only album I was even slightly disappointed with was the Chariot Anthology "History Lesson-The Complete Anthology".  And mostly because the first half is their first album which isn't anywhere near as good as the second half (which is their second album).  Not a horrible album by any means, just that most of the first half is much weaker than the second half.

Also got two of the Girder Leviticus Reissues (Setting Fire to The Earth and Knights of Heaven).  Good quality recording and fantastic inserts chock full of pictures and info...but not a single bonus track on either album (that is a little disappointing).

I did get the Millennial Reign rerecorded EP "Carry The Fire Again" with their current singer.  Loved it, my only complaint is that it was too short....they should have included their cover version of Triumph's "Allied Forces" on the EP.

So no major disappointments at all for me.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2021 12:33 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

4.  Mark Pogue - Kingdom Come:  It was definitely a worship project.  I was hoping it was in his rock style, but it came off as just another worship album.  What is sad is that it is a download and I can't even use it to trade with.

5.  Here is the one that will get me some unwanted attention......

Trytan - Blood of Kings:  The length of the songs ruins this for me.  My ADHD kicks in and I start wishing the songs were over at around the 5 minute mark.  Had they kept the songs at that length, I would have enjoyed this.  As it is, I probably won't buy anything else they do in the future.  I will probably get rid of all of their albums as I don't listen to the others in reality.

I have a few like that Pogue album.  Albums I downloaded and didn't end up liking.  So I don't listen to them and can't even trade them or give them away.

I agree with you (at least in part) with the Trytan album.  I think Larry suffers the same thing that Iron Maiden does.  He doesn't have a producer that is willing to sit him down and show him that some of the songs can be better if they are trimmed down a little (not all of them).  Larry just seemed to go off noodling and adding parts to a few songs that made them a bit longer than they really needed to be.  Don't get me wrong, I still dig the album. But I think it could have been made better if a quality producer could have reigned in the length on a few of the songs.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2021 4:44 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I remember getting the N.O.G. album a few years ago (one of Dale Thompsons earlier "singer for hire" albums) after only hearing two of the songs and I ended up getting rid of it because I really couldn't listen to the whole album without wanting to skip more than half of it.

I remember you getting rid of it, because you sent it to me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I found it to be such a good album it almost was my album of the year!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2021 3:55 pm

Fundy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I remember you getting rid of it, because you sent it to me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I found it to be such a good album it almost was my album of the year!

I'm just happy it went to a good home.  And it just goes to prove that one man's junk is another man's treasure! Thumbs Up

Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 6:15 pm

!. Warpriest - Dark Ages - I personally know the guy and he suuuuuucks! His wife is the only good thing on the album, and she can't rescue that dumpster fire. Razz

alldatndensum, Staybrite, Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 7:05 pm

deathisgain wrote:
!. Warpriest - Dark Ages - I personally know the guy and he suuuuuucks! His wife is the only good thing on the album, and she can't rescue that dumpster fire. Razz

lol!

deathisgain and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 7:17 pm

Spam Spam Spam

Staybrite, deathisgain and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2021 4:45 am

😄

Staybrite and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2021 11:41 am

deathisgain wrote:

Amen  lol!
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2021 5:37 am

Black Rider wrote:
Spam Spam Spam
Laughing
Back to top Go down
cjcox

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 10:04 pm

I probably stand alone, but for me, I wish songs were longer.  You know, never ending almost.  So, I give BoK a thumbs up and one of, if not the best release of 2021.  But for me, there are songs that are only 20 minutes in length that I wish were longer.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 8:44 am

cjcox wrote:
I probably stand alone, but for me, I wish songs were longer.  You know, never ending almost.  So, I give BoK a thumbs up and one of, if not the best release of 2021.  But for me, there are songs that are only 20 minutes in length that I wish were longer.

Over 6 minutes and I grow bored and weary with a song.  ADHD is real, and it affects even things like enjoyment of song length.  If all songs were 20 minutes, I wouldn't be a music fan at all.

Welcome to our board, cjcox!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 2:33 pm

cjcox wrote:

I don't mind the occasional long song here or there, but a whole album of songs in excess of 10 minutes is not my thing...probably because I'm not a huge fan of prog stuff and it seems to be mostly prog (or power metal) music that is longer.

And welcome to the board CJ!

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2022 10:45 pm

If you haven't guessed, I'm a HUGE prog fan (aka Your Prog Rock Neighbor).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorites for 2021   Least Favorites for 2021 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least Favorites for 2021
Page 1 of 1