Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!

Go down 
+5
Pethead
alldatndensum
Fundy
Black Rider
Staybrite
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! Empty
PostSubject: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2021 1:56 pm

I had no idea that the Louisiana metal band Thee Final Chaptre were working on new music.
Their debut album 6-song album "It Is Written" was originally released in 1991 and reissued by Dive Bomb records (with added live bonus tracks) in 2016.

Well apparently they are working on new music and have released a new lyric video for the track "The Hallowed Hymn". (thanks to Temple of Blood for posting that at the CMR).  It is a long one (over 9 minutes) and I am totally digging it.  I'm certainly looking forward to hearing more from the band.

Guilty/Forgiven, kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2021 6:50 pm

So Ripper is fronting Maiden now? I really like that, hope the album is as good.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Black Rider wrote:
So Ripper is fronting Maiden now? I really like that, hope the album is as good.

Kind of sounds like that doesn't it?  Laughing

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2021 3:39 pm

Great song!  Love the vocal performance.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 6:08 am

Over 9 minutes?  I'll pass.  I won't even try to get through that.

When I saw Alice Cooper a couple of weeks ago, I took a buddy from high school that I hadn't seen in years.  He played me the new Iron Maiden album while we were stuck in traffic and on the way home.  While they are great musicians, the songs were so long that I became bored and restless.  It kept me awake, but I will never listen to that by choice again.  My A.D.D. just won't let me focus on a song for that amount of time, and it makes me very nervous as well.

So, I will just skip this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 2:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

When I saw Alice Cooper a couple of weeks ago, I took a buddy from high school that I hadn't seen in years.  He played me the new Iron Maiden album while we were stuck in traffic and on the way home.  While they are great musicians, the songs were so long that I became bored and restless.  It kept me awake, but I will never listen to that by choice again.  My A.D.D. just won't let me focus on a song for that amount of time, and it makes me very nervous as well.

I knew you would "love" that song length.  lol!

Sadly I think Iron Maiden have become a victim of their own success.  I don't know who produces their albums, but if it was a someone who had a serious stake in the success of the recording they wouldn't let them get away with making albums with so many long songs.  Since the band has never had a lot of radio airplay and sells out all their concerts they can get away with recording the way they do and still be accepted by their hardcore fans (assuming the keep the musicianship standards up).

Cue angry Kerrick in 3, 2, 1....  Laughing

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 3:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Sadly I think Iron Maiden have become a victim of their own success.  I don't know who produces their albums, but if it was a someone who had a serious stake in the success of the recording they wouldn't let them get away with making albums with so many long songs.  Since the band has never had a lot of radio airplay and sells out all their concerts they can get away with recording the way they do and still be accepted by their hardcore fans (assuming the keep the musicianship standards up).

I think the main problem with the last few Maiden albums has been the lack of memorable tunes more than the song lengths. Dance of Death and A Matter of Life and Death had long songs, but they were awesome. The Final Frontier had some good tunes, but it was less memorable. I couldn’t really get into The Book of Souls much at all. It sounded good when it was on, but I’d finish without remembering anything I just heard.

Staybrite, Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2021 12:45 pm

Welcome to my world.  ADHD is a real thing, and this is what most long songs become for me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 8:06 pm

SO MUCH potential but my version would have been about 3 minutes shorter. Shocked Too much plodding or filler for no reason that I could hear other than to make it 9 minutes. I listened to the first and last 3 min again at 1.5x. geek

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 am

Love that intro guitar and the vocals.  I'm all for 9+ song length.  More ripkicking headbanging for your hard-earned shekels! cheers Rockin' Headbang

Staybrite and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 3:41 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

How dare you blaspheme against the holy Maiden!!! Razz Haha actually you're probably not wrong here. That being said, I really don't mind the long songs and wouldn't want them to make any compromises against their visions just to appease a broader audience. And as you said, they really don't have to.

Pethead wrote:
I think the main problem with the last few Maiden albums has been the lack of memorable tunes more than the song lengths. Dance of Death and A Matter of Life and Death had long songs, but they were awesome. The Final Frontier had some good tunes, but it was less memorable. I couldn’t really get into The Book of Souls much at all. It sounded good when it was on, but I’d finish without remembering anything I just heard.

I'd actually agree with you here. Their most recent three albums really aren't nearly as enjoyable as some of their past material. It's not the song lengths that is the issue; I just don't find the songs/melodies as memorable or interesting. Senjutsu isn't a bad album by any means, but it's not as strong as BNW, DOD, or AMOLAD - let alone anything of theirs from the '80s.

Staybrite and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 8:51 pm

I love your response Kerrick, and completely agree.  They don't have to change, what they are doing is obviously working just fine.  I'm guessing they are probably in the top 3 to 5 grossing non-commercial metal bands from the 80's still working (maybe only rivaled by Metallica in terms of concert attendance and album sales success).  And some might argue that Metallica compromised their sound for success whereas Maiden never did.

kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 10:47 pm

Wow ! I really dig this ! Do they have an album out yet or at least an ETA?

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 11:40 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Wow ! I really dig this ! Do they have an album out yet or at least an ETA?

Not out yet, but this a the pinned post from their bookface page.
So I'm expecting probably some time early 2022?

Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! Thee_f10

Guilty/Forgiven, kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 1:53 pm

I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out!

Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!   Thee Final Chaptre - New Song! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thee Final Chaptre - New Song!
Page 1 of 1