Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo Empty
PostSubject: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:46 am

Anyone else ever heard this? I had the demo years ago, and it would be nice to hear it again. (I gave it to a friend, so it's not in vain.)

Anyway, this demo was released in the early '90's. Great, professional-looking cover art, decent production (for a demo), bold Christian lyrics, and a VERY talented band! Driving, melodic power metal with a GREAT vocalist!

I believe Thee Final Chaptre was very worthy of a label deal, and had all the talent to be every bit as big as Recon and Sacred Warrior. I also believe they could share the stage with a secular band, and have nothing to be sorry for.

I don't have a clue what the band members are up to these days, but Thee Final Chaptre's "It Is Written" demo is certainly deserving of a re-issue!

Time will tell... Cool

God's Blessings!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Wow never even heard of the group before.

Do they have that Recon/Sacred Warrior type sound?

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:03 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Wow never even heard of the group before.

Do they have that Recon/Sacred Warrior type sound?

Hi, Staybrite:

If you ever got to hear the demo, you might think of a different comparison...but, to my ears, Thee Final Chaptre's "It Is Written" demo falls in the Recon/Sacred Warrior style. The lead vocalist (...Tripp(sp?) Andrews, from what I remember...), could really sing AND soar! A powerful set of pipes, indeed!!!

If I had to pick between who Thee Final Chaptre sounds more like--Recon or Sacred Warrior--I would pick Sacred Warrior.

Granted, these are my opinions, but I hope this helps!

God's Blessings!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks Ty, sounds like something I might really dig. One more old demo to watch out for.

Here is a fan-page for the album.

http://robertigno-christianblogspotcom.blogspot.com/2009/01/thee-final-chapter-it-is-written-1991.html

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:47 am

This sounds very interesting.
Every time I'm amazed that demo's of old band pop up.

Ty, maybe Retroactive is interested to re-issue this demo?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

Ty, maybe Retroactive is interested to re-issue this demo?

That would be nice! I believe Thee Final Chaptre's "It Is Written" demo is VERY deserving of a re-issue!

Thee Final Chapter (in my opinion), was an example of a cool Christian band that was grossly ignored, even though they had all the talent necessary to make it.

I believe Thee Final Chaptre should've went A LOT further than they did, but...I can't get carried away with that. If the band accomplished what GOD wanted them to--even though they didn't get the "big break" I believe they should've received--well...God's will was done, and that's what matters.
Cool

God's Blessings!
Back to top Go down
Tripp Andrews

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:32 pm

This is Tripp Andrews, Laed Vocals for Thee Final Chaptre. It is great to hear of individuals who cared so much for our music. It means the world to all of us. Thank you and God bless, Tripp.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Hey Tripp welcome to CHM and thanks for posting a response.

So how does one get a chance to hear this great band of yours?

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:27 pm

Hello Staybrite,

We are looking to re-issue the "It is written" album if there is enough interest, but a number of songs that did not make it on the album back then will be added. These other songs were written after the album was cut and we feel they belong with the others. However, if you would like a copy of "It is written" at this time, please let me know and I will be more than happy to send you one. It is in old school form. Tape, not CD. If we re-issue everything will be in CD form.

Take care and God bless, Tripp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:50 am

Sounds very intriguing. Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:43 am

Welcome Tripp Andrews to CHM.
Cool you stopped by to tell us about your band.

Are there samples online so we can listen how Thee Final Chaptre sounds?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Tripp Andrews wrote:

We are looking to re-issue the "It is written" album if there is enough interest, but a number of songs that did not make it on the album back then will be added. These other songs were written after the album was cut and we feel they belong with the others. However, if you would like a copy of "It is written" at this time, please let me know and I will be more than happy to send you one. It is in old school form. Tape, not CD. If we re-issue everything will be in CD form.

Not even sure I have a cassette player anymore, definately let us know when/if you get them put onto a cd. I would definately buy one.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Ok, I know the thread is old and I am a little bit late now: Does anyone have contact to Final Chapter or an email-address? I tried to contact the singer "Tripp Andrews" via this forum. But the message has not been read. The reason is a nice one: Possibly I can help a little bit to make a official release of the beautifully demo "It is written".
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:02 pm

I would be willing to bet that post that Tripp made in 2009 was probably his last visit to this forum. You can try to send him an e-mail through his profile. Click on his name, and click on the text the reads "Contact" from there select "e-mail" and your message should go directly to the e-mail account he used to set up his account here.

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:14 pm

Under "Contact" there is only one possibility: "Private Message". That I tried. There is no choice to send an "e-mail" ...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:24 pm

Welcome Acurus to CHM.
Back to top Go down
Acurus_

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:28 pm

I love you
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:42 pm

The lead singer's name is Andrew Tripp Whittington, not Tripp Andrews.

Here is some possibly relevant info I found with basic "googling":

http://masterofmetal-demosrarities.blogspot.com/2012/04/final-chapter-it-is-written-1991.html

http://www.demoarchives.com/Bands/Thee%20Final%20Chaptre-Usa/Thee%20Final%20Chaptre.asp?mistake=Thee%20Final%20Chaptre&cntry=Usa

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Thee_Final_Chaptre/3540287784

Now for the good part: I found an Andrew Tripp Whittington on Facebook. There is nothing to indicate he was ever involved with a band, but after a little trolling I discovered that his "friends" list is not hidden, and one of his FB friends is Paul Starns. It just so happens that the bass player for Thee Final Chaptre, according to the sites I listed, is one Paul "Rock" Starns, and while I do not see anything in this Paul Starn's FB profile to indicate he was in that band, there are a couple of pix of an un-named 80's era metal band, as well as references to various bass-related interests in his "likes".

Conclusion: if these are indeed two of the guys from Thee Final Chaptre, there is nothing to indicate that either are involved in a re-issue of the demo tape; not even five years ago. Personally, I think someone was having some fun at CHM's expense a few years ago. Smile

Here are the two guys' FB pages if anyone wants to reach out to them:

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.t.whittington.3?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/paul.starnes.73?fref=ts

Although the FB info for these guys is open to the public because they haven't set their privacy settings to hide all that, I still feel like I went through someone's house while they weren't home. Sad

Last edited by BearDad on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Acurus_

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Great! That is a very nice search, you have done. Possibly - and hopefully - your are right. I have found this Facebook-side from "Andrew Tripp Whittington" in the past, as well. But I did not realize this special friendship with Paul Starns. Both should get a contact soon and I will give a feedback here, too.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Acurus_ on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Dang Beardad! Some super interweb sleuth action there.

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Oh, not so much, but thanks for compliment. It's all out there; I sometimes wonder how much of my life is exposed in this manner! LOL!

You also tend to find out some stuff that you might not want to, things that may cause you to form incorrect opinions about someone. Just today I sent a friend request to my own brother, whom I know is not a Christian, and he refused, stating "you don't want me to say yes." I didn't see anything objectionable in his FB stuff, but he clearly feels that he is living a life I might not approve of. Sad
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:17 pm

FWIW, I also noticed that both of the two guys I found on FB are from the South; not Louisiana, where the tape apparently came from, but I believe both are currently living in Texas and one lived in Alabama at one point. Not definitive evidence by any stretch, but it has been my experience that most folks that are not adventurous or in the military tend to stay within a few states of "home" though-out their entire lives.

Last edited by BearDad on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Acurus_

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:32 pm

We will see, what will happen after a contact.

In the last years, a lot of 1980'th and 1990'th US-demos has been offically released (no bootlegs!) by some small but very nice labels in the USA (for example "Stormspell") and in other countries ("Arkeyn Steel Records" in Greece). The "Final Chapter" demo has definitely the quality for such a release, as well.
Back to top Go down
Acurus_

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 1:01 pm

BearDad wrote:
The lead singer's name is Andrew Tripp Whittington, not Tripp Andrews. (...)

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.t.whittington.3?fref=ts (...)

BearDad, you was right! We have a response from the singer. He wrote, he has extra non-released material, he is very busy in other things and an official release is on hold, therefore. Possibly he will react to our offer in the future.

It seems to me, that we will not get an official release of this great demo ...

You all are free, to contact him and to make a little bit pressure Smile
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Could be one of several things:

1. No interested right now, either on the singer's part or any possible fans.
2. There's no money it it (sad to say, but that is a deciding factor, even for Christian music)
3. He is legitimately busy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo   Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thee Final Chaptre: It Is Written Demo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next