Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2023-08-18

Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again Empty
PostSubject: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2023 10:53 pm

Man, it's getting embarrassing. Seems like all they do anymore is release remasters of stuff they already released as remasters.

Maybe it is just a sneaky way for them to release more copies of previously sold-out releases that were originally "limited" to a certain number to make them more collectible?

Anyway...another hard pass for me 

But if you're interested...

Final Axe's "Beyond Hell's Gate" and "The Axe of the Apostles" are about to be remastered and re-released again.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2023 11:10 pm

Oh yeah, pass for me as well.  Seems like if you have been watching Christian metal and hard rock reissues for the last 15 years you have probably seen reissues of the same albums at least twice...sometimes more.

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2023 1:07 am

Staybrite wrote:
Oh yeah, pass for me as well.  Seems like if you have been watching Christian metal and hard rock reissues for the last 15 years you have probably seen reissues of the same albums at least twice...sometimes more.

Indeed....and it is quite ridiculous.

I understood when Retroactive was going through and redoing some of the M8 remasters, because technology and their ability had all improved. 

But now...it's out of hand.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2023 1:28 am

Yes, I'll give those a miss.  The only ones I'd be really interested in would be having 4 Matrix albums.  All remastered with new artwork, and extra tracks.  But I've asked, and there's no chance of that.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2023 6:37 am

I would love to have the first two cassette only releases from Disciple as well.  I think those could be awesome projects to have.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2023 12:01 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I would love to have the first two cassette only releases from Disciple as well.  I think those could be awesome projects to have.
I agree.  I'd DEFINITELY buy those.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2023 2:08 pm

I'd dig hearing that "Milestones" album by Heroz remastered and reissued.  Some cool cheesy 80's stuff on that album.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2023 6:28 pm

AtomicFan wrote:
Man, it's getting embarrassing. Seems like all they do anymore is release remasters of stuff they already released as remasters.

Maybe it is just a sneaky way for them to release more copies of previously sold-out releases that were originally "limited" to a certain number to make them more collectible?

Anyway...another hard pass for me 

But if you're interested...

Final Axe's "Beyond Hell's Gate" and "The Axe of the Apostles" are about to be remastered and re-released again.

While you might be right about them being "sneaky", I am guessing that the label has had quite a bit of demand from buyers to warrant another repressing of these.  There may be people who didn't hit the message boards over the years and don't know these were ever reissued in the first place.

If they didn't think they would sell, then you know there would not be another reissue.

I am satisfied with the last reissue of this I have, so I am going to sit this one out and wait for something good to come out.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2023 1:11 pm

Retroactive and Girder aren't doing any better.  They are releasing two Saint albums and most of the Barren Cross records AGAIN!  It's gotten ridiculous.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2023 8:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Retroactive and Girder aren't doing any better.  They are resisting two Saint albums and most of the Barren Cross records AGAIN!  It's gotten ridiculous.

I bought the 2020 Barren Cross remasters. Are you saying that they are remastering them AGAIN?  Geeze. That would be crazy
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 9:07 pm

I've never really been a big fan of Bill Menchen, except for his Menchen projects with Ken Redding singing. It seems like Matt is a big fan and they keep releasing his stuff.

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 9:58 pm

deathisgain wrote:
I've never really been a big fan of Bill Menchen, except for his Menchen projects with Ken Redding singing. It seems like Matt is a big fan and they keep releasing his stuff.

A lot of his stuff is hit or miss for me...I agree that he is at his best when Ken Redding is singing.

Matt DEFINITELY releases (and re-releases...and re-re-releases..and re-re-re-releases) a ton of Menchen stuff.

I'm sure Bill is easy to work with, and they are most likely friends, so that has to make it tempting (and easy) to churn stuff out from him all the time.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 8:54 pm

AtomicFan wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Retroactive and Girder aren't doing any better.  They are resisting two Saint albums and most of the Barren Cross records AGAIN!  It's gotten ridiculous.

I bought the 2020 Barren Cross remasters. Are you saying that they are remastering them AGAIN?  Geeze. That would be crazy

I think they are the same remasters but slightly different booklets.  It is just another repressing of albums they have released and sold out of before.

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2023 2:47 am

alldatndensum wrote:
AtomicFan wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I think they are the same remasters but slightly different booklets.  It is just another repressing of albums they have released and sold out of before.

Ahhh....ok. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again   Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retroactive re-remastering Final Axe again
Page 1 of 1