Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...

Go down 
+3
Follower of Jesus
Staybrite
Raluces
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Raluces

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2021-06-08

Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... Empty
PostSubject: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Some examples : Teramaze (their lyrics are basically "philosophical") , Magnitude 9 (Fantastic American Prog - Power Metal) , Altaria , Incubus (that one that's now called "Opprobrium") , Impelitteri and Balance of Power . These are bands some people say they're "christian" others say "they're not" and no one has a precise answer . Which ones of these bands do you consider really "christian" ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 6:25 pm

It seems like there are bands that don't really want their music labeled as Christian, even if all the band members are Christians.  I do know that there seems to be a prejudice in the public market in the U.S. against Christian bands.  It kind of seems like the popular "secular" music market only has room for one  or two popular Christian metal (or hard rock) bands at a time.  Back in the 80's it was Stryper, now it seems to be Skillet.
Is that something that only happens in the U.S., or do you notice it in Brazil as well?

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 pm

Staybrite wrote:
It seems like there are bands that don't really want their music labeled as Christian, even if all the band members are Christians.  I do know that there seems to be a prejudice in the public market in the U.S. against Christian bands.  It kind of seems like the popular "secular" music market only has room for one  or two popular Christian metal (or hard rock) bands at a time.  Back in the 80's it was Stryper, now it seems to be Skillet.
Is that something that only happens in the U.S., or do you notice it in Brazil as well?

The prejudice in Brazil against Christian Pop and Rock Music is WAY stronger than in U.S. . Back in the 90's and 2000's when we had MTV as a "open" TV channel , CCM was virtually absent . I came in contact with these artists and music through a TV program exhibited by a extinct channel back in 1994 or 1995 . Started believing in 1996 , but CCM is basically ABSENT on "secular" Radio or TV here . 

Many ppl see Protestant Christians , specially what we call "Neo Pentecostals" as "idiots" , but I know the real reason CCM receive this bad rep : The whole culture of this World (The Western World) is run by the Masonary . The Masonary if the church of Lucifer , has always been , since the Middle Ages . Same with the Rosacrucians .
Back to top Go down
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 10:52 pm

But this a question I have : If you where / are a "christian music only" type of person , would you listen to Magnitude 9 , Teramaze or Balance of Power ? BOP is musically excellent , but I think their lyrics are not "christian" not even on a subtle way ...
Back to top Go down
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 10:57 pm

Gotta confess that I'll start attending a church here in my city . Not for the services , but because I have many friends there . The people on the "secular" Rock secenes don´t like me here . They don´t like my "positive spirituality" directions , and the "secular" Rock scene here in São Paulo is all about drugs , fights , dissent , lies , gossip , drugs , alcohol , accidents , etc , I decided to gather back with my christian friends . At least I can talk to them not seeing them snorting cocaine in front of me as these lost poor bums on the "secular" seneces here do all the time .
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 5:36 am

I think when you listen to a band and can detect no message related to the gospel, whether it’s evangelistic or related to Christian living, I won’t call that band a Christian band. I get frustrated with Christians who want to hide that they’re  Christians. It’s as if they feel artistically limited by it. That’s crazy! Of all the people in the world, people who know the Lord of creation should have the most creativity and ability to express the gospel. I look at Theocracy. Their music is awesome, but what makes them so great is Matt’s creative lyrics, which are clear in presenting the gospel yet far more than just simple “Jesus loves you” (not that that’s wrong). Jesus had some harsh words in Revelation for lukewarm Christianity. Bands that try to ride the fence don’t interest me much.

alldatndensum, Staybrite, ChristTrekker, Normaniac and Raluces like this post

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 10:18 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
I think when you listen to a band and can detect no message related to the gospel, whether it’s evangelistic or related to Christian living, I won’t call that band a Christian band.

"Christian band" vs "band with Christians". This is why I haven't given any of FIF's new stuff a listen. (If anyone has, tell me if I'm wrong.) Their overall direction as believers seems to be the opposite of the direction I want to go.

Also, I don't think every single song of a Christian band has to be aimed directly as Christians or evangelism. Again, FIF. Their early stuff had plenty of silly songs that just exhibited their personalities in a fun way, or talked about experiences of being in a band, that sort of thing.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 12:21 pm

I agree that not every song has to be straight gospel. But the preponderance of songs should lean that way.

ChristTrekker, Normaniac and Raluces like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1451
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 12:42 pm

ChristTrekker wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:
I think when you listen to a band and can detect no message related to the gospel, whether it’s evangelistic or related to Christian living, I won’t call that band a Christian band.

"Christian band" vs "band with Christians". This is why I haven't given any of FIF's new stuff a listen. (If anyone has, tell me if I'm wrong.) Their overall direction as believers seems to be the opposite of the direction I want to go.

Also, I don't think every single song of a Christian band has to be aimed directly as Christians or evangelism. Again, FIF. Their early stuff had plenty of silly songs that just exhibited their personalities in a fun way, or talked about experiences of being in a band, that sort of thing.
That was the entire philosophy of the dude in my avatar! 

<<<<
Back to top Go down
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 12:55 pm

Well if one is bold / unashamed to not hide their belif (as I wasn´t back then . I was some type of "hidden christian" because my life didn´t exalt the Lord as a sucessful person and ppl expect believeres here to be prosperous and well suceeded in everything they do) , one will be Unashamed to defend the true cosmology of the universe when "one" discover . 

Since I now have a belief which I will not make any mention of name or book , etcs , which holds this same cosmology , I can say now , I am NOT ashamed to be ridiculed by what I believe . Well , enough with words , Nobody is going to stop truth to come forth , in the right time . 

!!! CELEBRATE TRUTH !!! 

WATER IS LEVEL
Back to top Go down
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 12:58 pm

ChristTrekker wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

Which band is "FIF" ?
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1451
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 3:11 pm

Five Iron Frenzy.

Raluces likes this post

Back to top Go down
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 5:38 pm

Rob Rock is also an artist many people say ride the fence between "secular" and "christian" scenes ...
Back to top Go down
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 5:47 pm

I myself have a project which will have my new belief as the subjsct of at least 80 % of the lyrics . The rejection of MetalHeads to ANY religious oriented band (with exception of pagan and satanic) is IMMENSE .

There's a band here called "Umbralina" , they follow a religion that is somewhat popular here in Brazil which is Kardecs Spiritism . This is the closest non-christian religion to christianity itself , and for this sole reason they where labeled a "White Metal" band and get ridiculed , laughed at and forgotten as soon they released their stuff .

Spiritism is competely anti biblical in the strict sense tho . It dwelves on Necromancy , and beliefs that completely contradict orthodox christianity (like believing in Darwininan's evolution and that Christ was just a "man with super powers") so I know nobody will take the band seriously here either .

But they ended up being labeled a "christian band" and ignored on the Metal Scenes here for that . 

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 8:19 pm

Raluces wrote:
I myself have a project which will have my new belief as the subjsct of at least 80 % of the lyrics . The rejection of MetalHeads to ANY religious oriented band (with exception of pagan and satanic) is IMMENSE .

There's a band here called "Umbralina" , they follow a religion that is somewhat popular here in Brazil which is Kardecs Spiritism . This is the closest non-christian religion to christianity itself , and for this sole reason they where labeled a "White Metal" band and get ridiculed , laughed at and forgotten as soon they released their stuff .

Spiritism is competely anti biblical in the strict sense tho . It dwelves on Necromancy , and beliefs that completely contradict orthodox christianity (like believing in Darwininan's evolution and that Christ was just a "man with super powers") so I know nobody will take the band seriously here either .

But they ended up being labeled a "christian band" and ignored on the Metal Scenes here for that . 

Necromancy is conversing with the dead which is witchcraft.  There is NOTHING Biblical about this except that it is wrong.

Also, your views of Christianity is skewed.  I know of few real Christians who believe Darwinian evolution.  Also, every church I have been to teaches that Jesus was the literal Son of God, or God in the flesh.  That is way more than just a super hero Jesus.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 8:09 am

Sure . I know your point of view , I held the same exact beliefs you hold now for years . What I'm saying is that , Kardecian Spiritism has a positive view towards Jesus Christ (altought as I stated previously , they see Jesus as a man , not "God" manifest) and THIS was enough for this band "Umbralina" to be considered a "Christian band" and to get HARSHLY rejected by the Metal Scenes here in Brazil .
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 6:30 pm

I think the confusion is if you think Kardecian Spiritism is true?
Back to top Go down
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 11:45 pm

Black Rider wrote:
I think the confusion is if you think Kardecian Spiritism is true?

Nah . I attend some meetings because they preach about Jesus words there . This is the "closest" I get to Christianity now . The "Book of Spirits" is a fun reading , but its speculation over speculation . There's VERY , VERY , VERY little truth there . I'd say , these "trial" religions where a need for humankind for a while , but Spiritism is wrong even on their pseudo scientific assumptions . The books say that "other planets" (as if Earth was a """planet""") are "inhabited" . Not even in the false concept of Universe they are true . So , no , I don´t think its true . I just like the fact that they see Jesus in a positive way .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...   Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands that no one knows if they're christian or not ...
Page 1 of 1