Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian bands and bands with Christian members question.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Christian bands and bands with Christian members question. Empty
PostSubject: Christian bands and bands with Christian members question.   Christian bands and bands with Christian members question. I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:05 am

Since bands like Wiszdom Stone and Sinbreed released CDs there's one thing I have thought about.

Sinbreed and Wiszdom Stone both have Christian members in the band.
I know the lyrics of the Wiszdom Stone songs are written by a Christian.

When is a band a Christian band and does it make sense when there are one or more Christians in the band?
I'm sure there are more bands like Sinbreed and Wiszdom Stone.
What are your thoughts about this?
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Christian bands and bands with Christian members question.   Christian bands and bands with Christian members question. I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:15 am

Following are some of the bands (with Christian members) that I have covered at Angelic Warlord:

Threshold - keyboardist Richard West wrote all the lyrics tothe groups two most recent releases, "Subsurface" and "Dead Reckoning"

Action - melodic rock band with former Mars Hill members

AdrianGale – features Jamie Rowe of Guardian fame

Amaran’s Plight – progressive metal project featuring Shadow Gallery members

Shadow Gallery – these guys deserve mention as well

Avian – debut album includes Lance King and David Ellefson

At this point all the various bands/projects Lance has been involved in must be mentioned: Pyrameze, Balance of Power and Defyance. Any that I missed?

Other groups with Christian members include Antithesis, Images Of Eden, Impellitteri, Meliah Rage, Six Minute Century, Stride, Suspyre, Tiles and Warlord.

I believe Darkwater is not technically a Christian band, although they do feature several members of Harmony.

I am sure there are some that I missed but these are the first I could think of. Let me know if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

PostSubject: Re: Christian bands and bands with Christian members question.   Christian bands and bands with Christian members question. I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:32 am

Thrice has Christian members and non-Christian members.

Galactic Cowboys had both kinds of members too.

Killswitch Engage's Howard Jones follows Christ, as does one other member of the band (whose name reains unknown)...the rest are non-.

Megadeth's Dave Ellefson and Dave Mustaine follow the Nazarene....not sure about the other dudes in the band.

All I've got for now.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Christian bands and bands with Christian members question.   Christian bands and bands with Christian members question. I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:39 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
When is a band a Christian band and does it make sense when there are one or more Christians in the band?
I'm sure there are more bands like Sinbreed and Wiszdom Stone.
What are your thoughts about this?

I think a lot of bands are very reluctant to be categorized as Christian bands because it put them in a more limited market for selling their music. An additional problem is that when a band is labeled as a Christian Band, some peple will tear them apart because they don't act or dress a certain way. Stryper was torn apart by Jimmy Swaggart back in the 80's because of their clothes, hair, and make-up. Stryper's lryics were some of the strongest Christian messages in the music scene, but because of their looks and music style they were torn down.

If a band is a band, Christian members don't have the hassles of legalistic people they would have to put up with if they proclaimed themselves as a Christian band.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian bands and bands with Christian members question.   Christian bands and bands with Christian members question. I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:34 pm

nazpastor wrote:

I think a lot of bands are very reluctant to be categorized as Christian bands because it put them in a more limited market for selling their music. An additional problem is that when a band is labeled as a Christian Band, some peple will tear them apart because they don't act or dress a certain way. Stryper was torn apart by Jimmy Swaggart back in the 80's because of their clothes, hair, and make-up. Stryper's lryics were some of the strongest Christian messages in the music scene, but because of their looks and music style they were torn down.

Great point.

Even as a "Christian Music Only" (or I guess I should say "mostly") kind of person, I don't have a problem listening to bands with "Christian member" that don't consider their band "Christian" as long as the lyrics are not "questionable". It really helps if one of those Christians is a main song-writer in the band.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian bands and bands with Christian members question.   Christian bands and bands with Christian members question. I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:53 am

A Christian
band, as far as I know, is a group of dedicated Christians whose goal
is to both make music and proclaim Christ at the same time. Stryper and Disciple
would be great examples of this. Also in this group are artists who
have all Christians in the band, but tend to write a little bit less
boldly so that their message can be received both by Christians and
non-Christians. Skillet and TFK would be more in that category.

A band with
Christian members can mean a number of things. It can mean that you
still get very strong Jesus lyrics like with Impellitteri
or Rob Rock. Impelletteri has never considered themselves as a
Christian band, but with Rob writing, Christ still shines through. Rob
did the album with Fires Of Babylon also. He is the only Christian in
the band, but they did not mind his lyrical content. Alice Cooper is a Christian, but you won't
hear much about his faith on his newer albums. The drummer for Iron Maiden is a Christian, and you won't
hear anything about Jesus from that band.

A band with Christians in it does not mean
that they will have anything about their faith in the lyrics. They tend
to want to play to
secular audiences--and that's okay. You just have to decide if you are
comfortable with their lyrics enough to listen. If you do feel
comfortable with them, or even if you don't, it's all up to you. You
have to decide.

An example of
that is the band Creed. (The modern one--not the old Christian metal band) Scott Stapp, the singer,
is the only Christian in the band, and he is not a very good one at
that. LOL But, he writes a lot of songs about his struggles and
failures. I connect with what he sings about and actually have two
Creed albums. But, a Christian band (a band with the goal of sharing
Jesus) they are not. On their new tour, I might try to go see
them--especially with Skillet and Red opening for
them. Could be cool, or it might be weird.

I hope that helps
you and did not confuse you further.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Christian bands and bands with Christian members question.   Christian bands and bands with Christian members question. I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:10 am

So it's good to listen to bands with Christian members if you like their music?
But to be honest I'm still a bit confused about Christiand bands and bands with Christian members.

I think what happened with some Christian bands like Stryper happened with a lot of Christians too.
God's children are different and people always will be offendend by Christians

or Christan bands.
It shows us we don't belong to this world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian bands and bands with Christian members question.   Christian bands and bands with Christian members question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian bands and bands with Christian members question.
Page 1 of 1