Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The lyrics of Christian bands.

Go down 
4 posters

Do you think they can help others to find Jesus?
The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_lcap14%The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Are they bold enough to be different from the secular bands?
The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_lcap0%The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Are you disappointed about the lyrics of christian bands?
The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_lcap43%The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Do you think the Christians who are writing lyrics have to be more bold about what they believe?
The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_lcap14%The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Do you have an other opinion?
The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_lcap0%The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Is there a change in the Christian lyrics?
The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_lcap29%The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
That the lyrics of the newer bands don't tell much about the religion of the band members then bands about 10 0r longer ago?
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The lyrics of Christian bands.  Empty
PostSubject: The lyrics of Christian bands.    The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:57 am

The lyrics in the Christian Hard rock - Metal.
What do you think about the lyrics of Christian bands?

Yes, I know that one album tells more about religion than another. Sometimes one song clearly about their faith than others. What I mean is generally.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The lyrics of Christian bands.    The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:10 am

I am a little disappointed with some of the lyrics. I know that people are trying to take their message to the people. Sometimes having lyrics with a less preachy delivery can be a great starting place. But, sometimes I feel like a lot of artists are hiding their message just to sell their music. If we're just Christian enough, we can sell to both the Christian & secular market.

Of course, that's just a fan's opinion. I am in no way judging the hearts of every artist and am not pointing a finger at anyone in particular.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The lyrics of Christian bands.    The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 am

When I see how many young people go to shows of Christian bands I really think it"s important that bands write songs about what they believe. Show the young people in your lyrics who Jesus is, what He has done for us, how Jesus is able to change their lives. Addictions, problems younger people can struggle with.

It's so sad to see that selling CDs is more important than share your faith.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The lyrics of Christian bands.    The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:25 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am a little disappointed with some of the lyrics. I know that people are trying to take their message to the people. Sometimes having lyrics with a less preachy delivery can be a great starting place. But, sometimes I feel like a lot of artists are hiding their message just to sell their music. If we're just Christian enough, we can sell to both the Christian & secular market.

Ditto. I know some will argue that some Christian bands tone down their lyrics so that they can get more exposure to the secular market and bring Christ to those who wouldn't listen to "Christian music" perse. But they better bring the message some how, either in their liner notes or on the stage (sharing Christ with the audience). Because from what I have seen some of them have their lyrics so "toned down" that I never would have guessed they were a Christian band, and if they aren't sharing Christ on the stage (or at the very least in their album liner notes-and by that I mean more than just a token "Thank you Jesus" ) then they are no different than any other secular band.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The lyrics of Christian bands.    The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 am

Watering down the message to reach people with the message is contradictory. If the Father is drawing someone, the music should present the message so that they can hear it, understand it, and come to salvation. If the Father isn't drawing them, no watered-down lyric is going to sneak into their mind and get them to come. Either be hot or cold. Be Christian or not. I don't care if a band says they just want to make music for a living because they like it, but its not a ministry. But I can't stand bands that claim to be Christian, but you can't tell from their lyrics at all.

The shining example on how to do it right, IMO, right now would be Theocracy. They are Christian, and their lyrics are fairly easy to understand, while at the same time being creative. Matt may be the best lyricist to come along in a very long time.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The lyrics of Christian bands.    The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:58 am

My opinion is more Christian bands have bold lyrics about their faith in Jesus.

FOJ I agree with you.
It's like the old Stryper song "Let The Fire Burning".
Some Christian bands really miss the "Fire".

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The lyrics of Christian bands.    The lyrics of Christian bands.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1