Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Evening Hate, a new Red EP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

The Evening Hate, a new Red EP Empty
PostSubject: The Evening Hate, a new Red EP   The Evening Hate, a new Red EP I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 4:46 am

Any Red fans here? Their new EP, The Evening Hate, is out now. It's an odd EP. There are five songs, but really it's only three since two are alternate versions of the others. You can listen to the complete EP on any of these platforms: https://ffm.to/v8yomzx

Best track imo is probably Hemorrhage simply because it's unlike anything they've ever done before. I love it when bands stretch into new territory.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Hate, a new Red EP   The Evening Hate, a new Red EP I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 6:05 am

Jen5 wrote:
Any Red fans here? Their new EP, The Evening Hate, is out now. It's an odd EP. There are five songs, but really it's only three since two are alternate versions of the others. You can listen to the complete EP on any of these platforms: https://ffm.to/v8yomzx

Best track imo is probably Hemorrhage simply because it's unlike anything they've ever done before. I love it when bands stretch into new territory.

I have gotten tired of Red.  Their first several albums all began to sound the same.  I never listen to them and haven't bought their newest full length.

As for bands stretching, that typically only works when the band has always done it.  You expect Queen or Neil Morse to do this.  It didn't work for Bride.  It didn't work with Motley Crue when Vince Neil left.  Most fans don't want the bands to stretch--we just want them to give us the best they can give us in whatever style they became popular in.  I wouldn't want a country song from AC/DC.  I wouldn't want Poison to do a Britney Spears dance track.  No one wants to  hear Stephen Curtis Chapman or the Newsboys go metal, either.  

Stretching a little is fine, but to do it much will drive away fans even if you manage to pick up more in the new style.  Two Christian bands that come to mind that did this and ruined themselves were Manic Drive and Fireflight.  When they "stretched" and went pop, their fan-base dropped them like a blazing hot potato.  I was one of them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Hate, a new Red EP   The Evening Hate, a new Red EP I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 8:11 am

Why does this remind me of Kutless when they mellowed out? If it's a one off EP it's fine but if this is where they're moving in direction I think they'll lose people.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Hate, a new Red EP   The Evening Hate, a new Red EP I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Decent cover song, but I prefer the original (probably becuase it comes off a bit stronger emotionally with the electric guitars/bass kicking in on the chorus).

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Hate, a new Red EP   The Evening Hate, a new Red EP I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 3:28 pm

That's interesting. I thought the Red one was more emotional, but then I look at it vocally. Barnes sings with more emotion imo, but I do see what you're saying. The original has a more intense musical arrangement. I think I prefer the Fuel arrangement and the Red vocal.  : )
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Hate, a new Red EP   The Evening Hate, a new Red EP I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 12:51 pm

Yeah I was mostly thinking about the song musically, it just has more muscle on the chorus.  I hadn't thought to take the vocalist from Red and have him sing over the original arrangement.  That might actually be better than the original.

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Hate, a new Red EP   The Evening Hate, a new Red EP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Evening Hate, a new Red EP
Page 1 of 1