Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
Fundy
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:23 am

Every once in a while, if it rains hard enough, my truck will leak. I had some CDs in a plastic bag to keep them off the seat, and some of them got damp. Not soaking wet--just damp. The CDs that were in jewel cases are perfectly fine. However, the new Stryper and Mainline Riders discs got damp and are looking like death warmed over now. I HATE DIGIPACKS, and I hope that record companies soon realize that they are selling a product that is inferior. On top of that, digis are more expensive to print than standard jewel case releases. So, they are paying out more $$$ to provide a substandard product.

Time to get my CDs in the truck in the new plastic travel box I bought. It holds 15 CDs and cost $3 at Walmart. Made by Sterillite.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:24 pm

I'll second that! DIGI packs look cheap and it doesn't take more than a couple of months for them to start falling apart. Bring back the jewel cases!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:41 pm

I say string up whoever invented the evil digipack!!!! Better yet, torture him/her to death with paper cuts made from those destroyed digis.

Yeah, that's the ticket! lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like digipacks.
I can imagine it's not cool when you truck leak your awesome CDs are damaged.
When you need help to get those CDs again because they are damaged I love to help.

My motto is the less digipacks the better it is.

Good advise "buy more travel boxes at Wallmart" I'm not sure if you make it with only 15 CDs. I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:55 pm

I despise digipacks so much I would rather have a download than a digi.
I'm seriously thinking about just downloading anything that comes in a digipack from here on out.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Gary, to be honest, I think that is truthfully why digis exist. I think that many record companies either want to appear to be going green or to be making something collectible. I think they want us hardcore CD buyers to get fed up and make the switch. The digi will eventually do it for me.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Gary, to be honest, I think that is truthfully why digis exist.

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:10 am

Quote :
However, the new Stryper and Mainline Riders discs got damp and are looking like death warmed over now.

The same thing happened to my Demon Hunter (Storm the Gates of Hell) a while back I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:00 pm

The insert of digipacks fits into the jewel case, and if you cut the back of the digipack it should (probably roughly) go into the jewel case aswell. So you can turn a digi pack into a slightly substandard jewel cased CD.

I'm thinking about doing that to a couple of mine,

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:01 pm

Fundy wrote:
The insert of digipacks fits into the jewel case, and if you cut the back of the digipack it should (probably roughly) go into the jewel case aswell. So you can turn a digi pack into a slightly substandard jewel cased CD.

Fortunately I don't have that many digis (probably only like 5 or 6) but most of mine didn't even come with an insert. So if I wanted to put it into the jewel case I would have the scan the covers and print my own inserts.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:54 am

Unless an artist requests otherwise, all of the upcoming Retroactive releases are digipacks. Yuck!

Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:30 am

Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:

Fortunately I don't have that many digis (probably only like 5 or 6) but most of mine didn't even come with an insert. So if I wanted to put it into the jewel case I would have the scan the covers and print my own inserts.

Yeah, it seems as most digis now have what liitle information there is printed directly on the cardboard.

Digis= I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! 362604
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:40 am

Hey... if you think digipacks are bad, you should see the packaging on the new Ace Frehley album. It's just a series of folded cardboard with the cd and booklet floating loose in the middle. It's intended to be folded into a pyramid like a cheesy kindergarten project. Stupid.

And while I hate digipacks as well, they are here to stay. I don't care, I'm buying cds. You can always take the booklet and put it into a slimline and file the pack away.

Now for your truck, you really should be using your Zune, not cds. My jeep's cd player has a port on the front that I can plug my iPod into, but you can also get a device that allows you to broadcast your mp3 player and tune the radio to it. My son's car has a crappy cassette player that doesn't work, but he listens to his mp3 player in his car that way.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
..... but you can also get a device that allows you to broadcast your mp3 player and tune the radio to it. My son's car has a crappy cassette player that doesn't work, but he listens to his mp3 player in his car that way.

I need to do something like this.

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:11 pm

Digipaks are okay if they have a good tray. Unfortunately, those are getting harder to come by. The latest RetroActive Records releases in Digi format have somewhat poor trays, so the plastic clips break and the CDs fall out. If they're quality trays, however, other than shipping/storing concerns, they're okay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:29 pm

The trays that Retroactive are still much better than those pathetic rubber knobs they did on a couple of discs.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The trays that Retroactive are still much better than those pathetic rubber knobs they did on a couple of discs.

Oh yes those rubber knob things are horrible. I thought I was going to break a few discs in half just trying to get them off the first time.

PostSubject: Re: I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!   I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I HATE DIGIPACKS!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: