Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Breaker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

World Breaker Empty
PostSubject: World Breaker   World Breaker I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 3:44 am

Progressive metal. I'm in love. For those of you who feel you must skip the core vocals (perish the thought), the song opens up to clean vocals at about 1:50 to become this amazingly beautiful musical landscape...and then...they harmonize. I know a lot of you won't dig this, but I'm in love. 

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

World Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Breaker   World Breaker I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 4:58 am

Skip core vocals?  I'd be okay if people stopped using them altogether.  Why, do you ask?  Would you pay someone to sing monotone in any other style of music?  No, way!  Then why do we tolerate it in metal just because it sounds "extreme"?  While I understand these people have to train hard to keep from destroying their vocal chords, it is cheaply done art.  If you can sing, then do so!  If not, stay home, please!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

World Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Breaker   World Breaker I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 7:47 am

That intro is super djenty and then morphs into a mix I don't really appreciate. Not saying it's not talented, just not my thing.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

World Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Breaker   World Breaker I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 6:48 am

Haters gonna be hating  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

World Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Breaker   World Breaker I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 7:47 am

I really dig the proggy/clean/epic style.  I'm also not a fan of the core vocals, though it reminds me a LOT of Vardoger's full-length album Ghost Notes - which also has a song called Starbreather (one word though).  Ghost Notes was my favorite album of 2015 and remains one of my top-favorite Christian metal albums.  I highly recommend!

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

World Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Breaker   World Breaker I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 8:30 am

In the mood I can enjoy that but that mood has been rare lately.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

World Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Breaker   World Breaker I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Vardoger! Yesssss! Man that girl can sing
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

World Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Breaker   World Breaker I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 am

Indeed!  It took me a little while to get used to her voice but once I did, it really fits perfectly and I wouldn't want it any other way.  (IMO her voice is a bit masculine sounding, but it works.)  I'm really bummed they broke up.   Sad

Jen, if you're not already familiar, you might also like Fleshkiller.  They've got quite the lineup too.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

World Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Breaker   World Breaker I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 2:35 pm

What an intriguing arrangement. Makes me think of Devin Townsend. Progressive but seriously heavy. Thanks Kerrick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World Breaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Breaker   World Breaker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Breaker
Page 1 of 1