Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mad at the World

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
Staybrite
RoxxRegime
nazpastor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:10 pm

So which of their albums is your favorite? They changed so much during their tenure, it is fun to listen to multiple discs and not even realize it's the same band.

For me, I have really been digging "Dreamland Cafe" lately. I think it is the place I am just now in my life. I really just like the dreamy, lilting tone of the songs. When I start to stress, this album just sorta calms me down and lets me re-focus.

Your thoughts on their discography.
Back to top Go down
RoxxRegime

RoxxRegime

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:34 pm

My favorite is "Flowers In The Rain."

Alldat recommended it to me a few years back, and it's always remained my favorite. I love the mix of 80's pop with crunchy guitars, particularly on the track "Wait," which even reminds me a bit of Billy Idol.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:49 pm

My favorite albums would be both "Through the Forest" (first one I heard) and "Boomerang".
I haven't heard the first self-titled album or "Flowers in the Rain"

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 pm

I could only get into about half of "Flowers In The Rain". I haven't had a copy of that one in years. Their debut--yuck!

But, for me, they had four excellent CDs in a row:

Seasons Of Love
Boomerang (the first release of theirs I heard)
Through The Forest (my favorite!)
Ferris Wheel

When I get out MATW, I usually have to play all 4 of these, and I will do so for several days in a row. Then, I file them away for awhile. But, I always go back to these old favorites. They are definitely one of my all time favorites. I really miss the rock era of this band!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:19 am

Here are my favorite MATW albums.

Seasons Of Love
Through The Forest
Boomerang

How cool it would be to see a brand new release of this band.
That would be vet gaaf.
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:35 am

If I had to pick it would be "Through the Forest" and "Boomerang".
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:09 pm

My favorites are Boomerang, Seasons Of Love, Through The Forest and Flowers In The Rain, in that order. The others never grabbed me, although if I had to choose I'd probably choose self-titled, Ferris Wheel, then Dreamland Cafe.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:17 pm

I never could get into "Dreamland Cafe" either. I had it on cassette years ago and was SO disappointed by their change in musical direction. Those could have been great songs if you listen and imagine what they could have done with those songs rocked out. When I started updating my coolection with CDs, I made it a point to leave "Dreamland Cafe" out of the stacks.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:12 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I never could get into "Dreamland Cafe" either. I had it on cassette years ago and was SO disappointed by their change in musical direction. Those could have been great songs if you listen and imagine what they could have done with those songs rocked out. When I started updating my coolection with CDs, I made it a point to leave "Dreamland Cafe" out of the stacks.

That's how I felt. The change in direction threw me. Being into harder rock, even alternative rock, but with a harder edge, the progressive alternative sound just didn't pull me in. I know I need to give it another spin and see if it grabs me this time.

When I first listened to MATW, it was Boomerang. Those of you who know MATW know it's one of their harder albums. I was talking with a friend about how I loved the hard rock, almost metal, sound of a lot of the songs. He was confused, but he didn't mention it at the time. It was only after I bought their self-titled debut and told him how shocked and disappointed I was to find a totally different MATW that he shared with me how surprised he had been when I was describing a hard rock band. He had been unaware of their transformation over the years. Smile

Rose was similar. Randy Rose's band shuffled around a bit, and some of their odd alternative rock never settled with me. I suppose it's good in its own right, but it just doesn't seem like Rose.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:53 pm

Disposable HERO wrote:
Rose was similar. Randy Rose's band shuffled around a bit, and some of their odd alternative rock never settled with me. I suppose it's good in its own right, but it just doesn't seem like Rose.

Actually I thought Rose's only mis-step was that "Crazy Little World" album (I traded that one fast). But all the other albums (at least under the "Rose" moniker) I thought were consistantly doomy goodness.
Twisted Evil

Admin
alldatndensum

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:35 pm

Quote :
Actually I thought Rose's only mis-step was that "Crazy Little World" album (I traded that one fast). But all the other albums (at least under the "Rose" moniker) I thought were consistantly doomy goodness.

Agreed!!!

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:54 pm

My fav's are Seasons of Love and Boomerang. I enjoyed SoL mainly cuz it had a Billy Idol type of vibe to alot of it.

I've never heard Through The Forest so I guess I need to check that one out.
Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 2:51 am

One thing I really, really liked about MATW was the way they took some of their earlier songs and made "reprises" of them that were harder versions, sometimes on the same album (like Seasons Of Love) and sometimes on other albums. The songs always worked perfectly, often better as hard versions than soft versions.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:52 am

The reprise of Seasons Of Love sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:55 pm

avdb11 wrote:
The reprise of Seasons Of Love sounds great.

I agree completely. The soft version works. The hard version works better.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Very true Disposible HERO.
I wish the reprise version was the version of the album.
Hope you understand what I mean?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mad at the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad at the World   Mad at the World I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad at the World
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: