Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mad At The World

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Mad At The World Empty
PostSubject: Mad At The World   Mad At The World I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Any fans here of this eighties modern-alternative band? Picked up the CD version of the groups 1988 release "Flowers In The Rain" earlier today (paid just a dollar for it at a garage sale). No, not exactly my cup of tea- all the keyboards and programmed drums push my patience to the limit! That being said, I can see how others could easily get into them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Mad At The World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad At The World   Mad At The World I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:50 pm

I didn't like the first two albums they did. If you get up to "Seasons of Love" through "Ferris WheeL", you'll get a solid slab of hard rock (metal at times) with real guitars and drums and few keys.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Mad At The World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad At The World   Mad At The World I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:50 pm

I didn't like what I heard from the first two albums......and I'm not a huge fan of the last two albums either (Ferris Wheel is ok, but there are like 3 or 4 tracks I skip). There three mid-career rocker albums (Through The Forest, Seasons of Love, and Boomerang) are all absolutely fantastic.

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Mad At The World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad At The World   Mad At The World I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Thanks for the information- I will have to check out the suggested albums the group released later in their career.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

Mad At The World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad At The World   Mad At The World I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:15 pm

I picked up MATW's catalog a few months ago. I'd never heard the Dreamland Cafe' disc, having bailed on em previously with Ferris Wheel. Great albums all. Cool
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Mad At The World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad At The World   Mad At The World I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Don't do "Dreamland Cafe". If you didn't like Rose's "Crazy Little World", then this is the sequel to that. It was just too mellow and a major way to kill any interest in your band. With MATW having a somewhat alternative rock sound, they could have gone heavy grunge at that time a lot better than going so poppy.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Mad At The World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad At The World   Mad At The World I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:17 am

For some reason the Dreamland Cafe album sounded as if they were trying to channel all those Beatles vocal harmonies.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Mad At The World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad At The World   Mad At The World I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:44 am

I have a couple of their projects,Seasons of Love & Boomerang. "Seasons" I thought had a very Billy Idol vibe to it. Boomerang was similar yet slightly different. I didn't really get into the first couple of discs or the last couple. They are a group that changed the sound a few times and it worked out for them each time.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Mad At The World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad At The World   Mad At The World I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:37 am

Yes, I'm a fan of Mad At The World.
Love to listen to "Seasons Of Love", "Boomerang" and "Through The Forest".
Sorry for the late reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mad At The World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad At The World   Mad At The World I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad At The World
Page 1 of 1