Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone know this band, Avalanche?

Go down 
+3
Fundy
Staybrite
Black Rider
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Anyone know this band, Avalanche? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 11:20 am

Would've fit alongside Messiah Prophet Band?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 1:23 pm

I have a low quality MP3 bootleg of what I believe is the "Pray For the Sinner" album.  I think I might have gotten it from Guilty/Forgiven.  I haven't listened to it in quite some time, but I remember digging the music even if the recording quality wasn't the best.
I know absolutely nothing about the band.

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Yeah, another one that could use a remaster.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 3:07 pm

That sounds pretty good.  Thumbs up from me!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 3:09 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Pray-Sinner-Avalanche/dp/B000WGNC66

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 8:10 pm

They only have one left new on Amazon.  I ordered one as I had never heard or heard of this band before.  I want to get it before it gets gone.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 10:23 am

Amazing I can still find some unheard albums from the 80's in CCM I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Amazing I can still find some unheard albums from the 80's in CCM I enjoy.

I agree!  I love some of the albums that have been remastered, but I would buy a lot more remaster/reissues if there were more unheard releases out there.  What about Canaan?  DuBiel?  Apostle?  L.O.U.D.?  Armor? I could name several demo albums I am aware of and have heard at one time, but many have not.  I am sure there are others.  I'd love to see some old classics like that that never were released on CD to be redone.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 7:09 pm

Yes, Apostle and Armor especially.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:29 pm

DuBiel was cool.  Mary DuBiel kind of sounded like you took the power of Pat Benatar and mixed it with the raspy style of Joan Jett.  The music reminded me of a mix of both Ransom albums.  I have some bootleg CDs of theirs from Retrospect (should have been Circumspect) Records.  They were made from lower quality MP3s.  Even with running them through the remastering process, they still sound a bit rough.  I'd love to get something higher quality from them.

L.O.U.D. would put you in mind of Stryper without being clones.  Great music, and the lyrics will definitely get you fired up!

Canaan sounded, to me, like a heavier version of Vixen.  Still cool, though.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 8:18 am

have never heard any of those bands, always good to h ear new OLD music!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 8:20 am

I've heard some L.O.U.D., it was good. Never heard any Dubiel, sounds like something I could get into.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 2:59 pm

I got both of the LOUD cd's when they reissued them about 15 years ago.  A lot of folk were annoyed that they just sent out CDR's, but I didn't mind as I loved the music.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 11:30 pm

Just so's ya'll are aware, while they were a pretty rockin' band, Avalanche was not a Christian outfit at all. Just a Christian sounding album title is all.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 5:57 am

Looked on YouTube for L.O.U.D. and nuthin'!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 8:31 am

I've seen Christian sites talking about Avalanche. Do you know more Guilty/Forgiven?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 10:45 am

Black Rider wrote:
I've seen Christian sites talking about Avalanche. Do you know more Guilty/Forgiven?

I know nothing about the band members individual worldviews, I'm just going off of the lyrics and band member interviews.
While nothing is anti-Christian per se, nothing is pro-Jesus either. Despite Christian-sounding song titles and album name, the lyrics are not from a Christian POV, rather, they sung about Rock, Life, Love, Fantasy, Battles and basically vague lyrics meaning nothing.
Nikki Van Welden (Roger Maynard) sung for metal band Vyper just prior and theirs were typical lyrics about sex and lust, etc.
I can see where there may be slight hints that he could've had a Christian upbringing, or was curious about the faith.
A great album that I love to play, but really nothing that screamed "Christian band" than say, Red Lamb, Creed, Fierce Heart, or The Alarm. Heck, Palehorse has way more "Christian" lyrics, but obviously don't hold that worldview.
But yeh, killer album. I recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 4:55 pm

I bought one of those 2015 remasters from amazon.  A little spendy, but will be happy to have an official CD not just some bootleg MP3 files.

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 7:34 am

Thanks G/F.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 3:10 pm

Wait!  What, they aren't a Christian band!!!?
I guess I'll have to burn my copy, darn.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 1:19 am

Staybrite wrote:
Wait!  What, they aren't a Christian band!!!?
I guess I'll have to burn my copy, darn.

Reminds me of an entry in my High School yearbook. About 5 years before I came to faith, I was having buddies sign my yearbook and one of them jokingly wrote:
"Jim, burn your Van Halen t-shirt for the churchLaughing

Anyone know this band, Avalanche? Book-burning
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 8:35 pm

That song you've posted has a bass player working overtime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this band, Avalanche?   Anyone know this band, Avalanche? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know this band, Avalanche?
Page 1 of 1