Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album

Go down 
+4
Black Rider
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 am

Stryper frontman Michael Sweet has checked in with the following update:

"It’s hard to believe that I’m recording my 10th studio solo album! Time flies when you’re having fun. I’m beyond excited to be able to release yet another solo album. Stay tuned as I track, prep and produce what will certainly be my best."

Sweet previously gave an overview of what fans can expect of his next solo record:
"Writing songs has always been part of my DNA. Once I get into that mode the floodgates open. I spent the past few days working on some ideas and so far I have 11 that I like. Now I need to weed through them and arrange them and program drum grooves to make em’ feel right. Joel Hoekstra and I are co-writing 2 songs together so I’m waiting to hear what he comes up with and that will make 13 tracks total (12 for US, one bonus track for overseas).

So far there are old school, straight ahead metal ideas à la Priest and Dio, as well as a few up tempo riffs à la Maiden. There’s also a few ballads with a bit of a Zeppelin vibe. I’m sure there will be a few other ideas to come over the next few weeks as well.

Between now and the first week of January I’ll arrange and fine tune everything as well as compose the lyrics. So far I’m really excited about the musical direction and I’m sure you will be too. I’m bringing back a few of those classic hooks and melodies that some of you have asked for. Ask and you shall receive.
It’s going to be a killer album, friends! We start tracking on 1/14 and it should be turned in by mid April at the latest (it would be sooner but Stryper is going to Japan in early February and rehearsing so I’ll be taking a few weeks off from recording).

The album will of course be released in 2019 via RatPak Records. Thank you all for believing in me and for your undying support. I couldn’t do this without you and I’m blessed to be able to encourage and inspire all of you through music.
God Bless and stay tuned."

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 8:19 am

Quote :
straight ahead metal ideas à la Priest and Dio, as well as a few up tempo riffs à la Maiden. There’s also a few ballads with a bit of a Zeppelin vibe

That sounds like I like those ideas.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 8:54 am

And it'll be his best album ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 11:31 am

Sounds great in writing but so far, his solo albums have been mostly tame.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 12:10 pm

His last solo album was really good, I liked it better than the last Stryper album.  It had some very metal tunes in it, certainly his heaviest solo album to date.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 12:48 pm

Agreed, the last one was great. I need to play it again it has been a while. Hope the new one is like the last one.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm

I would also have to agree that Mike's last solo album was better than the last Stryper album.  I am actually quite excited about this release.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 5:31 pm

Alright, I need to check out the last one again. I feel like they've been putting out so much it kind of runs together.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 pm

They do seem to put out a lot of stuff, and because of that I don't buy MS solo stuff, although the last album did indeed sound very good indeed.

On a completely different note, I watched and enjoyed this interview with Oz.  Seems like a really humble guy.  Gave me new found respect for him and Stryper.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 12:18 pm

I was going to make many of these same comments, so I will.

1.  The last MS album is the only one that I really enjoy.  The others have seemed more radio-friendly than I want from him.

2.  Between Stryper, Sweet & Lynch, and solo stuff, I'm really getting burnt out on MS.  I fear Dale Thompson is going to cause the same problem.

3.  Agreed Fundy.  I'd like Stryper a whole lot better if Oz was the spokesman.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 6:47 pm

I actually love his very first one that he did on Benson Records.  I still play that one quite frequently.

Michael is kind of oversaturating the market to me.  Dale could do that, but some of his newer projects are in styles I just don't care about.  So, while he may be putting out a ton, I won't be buying every album.  That will help keep from reaching overload for me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album   Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet Begins Recording A New Album
Page 1 of 1