Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?

Go down 
+3
Hardkore
dale434445
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Am I the only one who didn't know Stryper's Michael Sweet did a concert with Boston ?

Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:57 pm

He actually did a whole tour with them after their singer commited suicide.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2550
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Am I the only one who didn't know Stryper's Michael Sweet did a concert with Boston ?

You are the only one I am aware of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Sweet#Boston

Quote :
Michael Sweet performed lead vocals, background vocals, and guitar work for Boston. His first official show with the band was June 6, 2008 in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Sweet handled lead vocals on roughly half of the set list, including Boston staples "More Than a Feeling," "Amanda," "Peace of Mind" and "Longtime." "Peace of Mind" was re-recorded by Stryper and released via the iTunes Store on June 23, 2008. Reviews of his performance have been positive. It is unknown whether he will record new material with the band as Brad Delp's replacement.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:36 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Yes you are the only one. Razz

Not only did he do a tribute concert with the band (they had several singers), but like Dale said he (and one other lead singer) did an entire tour with Boston (not sure how many dates). Tom Sholz (lead guitar/songwriter/producer for Boston) was so enamored with Michael's performance at the tribute concert that he put together a tour and invited Michael as one of the lead vocals. (he shared lead vocal duties with a completely unknown Boston fan that sound very similar to the the departed Brad Delp). There was even talk of Michael getting with Tom Scholz and writing/recording music for a new Boston album together.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Oh man Hardkore beat me to the punch! Must have been typing at the exact same time as me.
lol!

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey, G/F, what's that big "L" on your forehead? Very Happy

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:32 am

Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? Embarrassed_cat

It's so difficult not knowing everything
Back to top Go down
ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 9:14 pm

I saw Boston perform on this tour, and Michael Sweet was definitely the "ROCK STAR" of the band - lots of movement (which none of the other musicians in Boston have ever managed very well), plenty of audience engagement, and a great attitude throughout the show. His vocal performances were a bit different from Brad Delp's, which I initially found distracting, but as the set went on I warmed up to his approach. The other guy was pretty good vocally (kind of a Brad Delp sound-a-like), but not much personality or stage presence.

I would love to see Boston do a series of albums with that lineup. The studio would give the sound-a-like dude a chance to do his thing without having to worry about connecting with an actual audience, and Michael Sweet would doubtlessly bring a fresh approach to what they do vocally. Here' s hoping ...

Peace,
Rob What a Face
-------
Supernal Endgame Power of Prog site: http://powerofprog.com/profile/SUPERNALENDGAME
Supernal Endgame on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Supernal-Endgame/128464862665?v=wall&ref=search#/pages/Supernal-Endgame/128464862665?v=wall&ref=search
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:26 am

Guilty/Forgiven, yep, you are the only one.
That's why some concerts were postphoned because Michael was a member of Boston. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven, yep, you are the only one.
That's why some concerts were postphoned because Michael was a member of Boston. Very Happy

If I'm not mistaken they even delayed the release of "Murder By Pride" because of Sweet touring with Boston.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 pm

True, but also a part of the European tour of Stryper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?   Michael Sweet with BOSTON ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?
Page 1 of 1