Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael D.R.I.V.E.

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
nazpastor
rockerVu2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:25 am

Is was the lead singer, writer/composer and guitarist of Barren Cross and started a solo career.
What are yout thoughts about his songs and music?
You you like his solo stuff, or do you prefer it more when he did the vocals for Barren Cross?

http://www.myspace.com/michaeldrive1

Here you can check out his music.
I assume his solo stuff is Christian too.
My idea is his solo stuff really doesn't sounds bad.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 9:34 am

He has also released a project called Barebones and then a self-titled project under his real name Mike Naeyert called "Frogrooves"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:39 pm

I have heard one or two of his "Drive" solo songs and did not care for it. I never heard the Naeyert solo disc, but I did own the Sanxtion album that he sang on and I really did not care for it at all. The vocals were good, musicianship was good, but zero hooks anywhere.
The Barebones album is not bad but a little eclectic, kind of like they didn't know what musical style they wanted to use, so they just tried them all.

nazpastor

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:56 pm

I forgot about Sanxtion. And if you think Barebones is eclectic, Frogrooves would probably be just weird then.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:46 pm

nazpastor wrote:
I forgot about Sanxtion. And if you think Barebones is eclectic, Frogrooves would probably be just weird then.

Oh don't get me wrong. I like the Barebones disc, it just feels a little dis-jointed sometimes when switching from track to track.

nazpastor

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:58 pm

With tracks as diverse as:

My Name Is Bob Francis, I'm A Truck Driver

The Unsuspecting

I would say Frogrooves wins in the dis-jointed race.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:28 pm

He was awesome as BC vocalist. Otherwise...dreadful.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 9:06 pm

Quote :
He was awesome as BC vocalist. Otherwise...dreadful.

Agreed!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:29 pm

I heard that as "Drive" he is more techno sounding and the samples I have heard, no thank you. I have the BareBones disc and thought it was a very solid album. I think his best thou was the cassette only release he had "Live from Studio B" with just him and his guitar. It was only 6 songs but was pretty amazing. I think he should go back with Barren Cross and stick with them. I don't think the Drive thing is going to work for him. Last I heard he moved back to the states and I think DRIVE was pretty succesful in France but over hear I don't think it will fly.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 1:49 pm

I now Mike, toured with him in 95 after listening to the "Studio A" tape. He came over (Europe) with Kai Reiss and they played "acoustic" as Barebones" We had an amazing time.
Love his vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:24 am

The D.R.I.V.E. stuff is not Christian, for the most part. I met him at Calistone and got him to sign all my BC stuff. He was a very persistant salesman, so I ended up getting the D.R.I.V.E. material, even though I probably would not have otherwise.

He was kind of an odd character as well, hovering around his table and duct-taping stuff all over the place. He seemed pretty cool though, and he is still a great performer, both solo and with BC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Michael D.R.I.V.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael D.R.I.V.E.   Michael D.R.I.V.E. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael D.R.I.V.E.
Page 1 of 1