Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SacrivoX Metal Fest III

Go down 
+3
crucifyd
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

SacrivoX Metal Fest III Empty
PostSubject: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Looks like I'll be going to the SacrivoX Metal Fest after all. I was on the fence for a couple months due to my health and issues. But my wife ended up buying the ticket and telling me it'd be good for me to get out and enjoy it as I have the last 2 years. So, wish me luck with the health. It's been a bit of a roller coaster with the pain (thank God the day I got to hang with Staybrite I was doing pretty good). 

I'm pretty excited though, I know there aren't too many thrash/speed fans here, but as a HUGE thrash fan myself, I cannot WAIT to see Deliverance ! They're in my Top 10 all time fav bands. 
Headbang Rockin' Drums
I got to see derivatives of Deliverance at prior Metal Fests since band members have been in several different bands that played. But finally Glenn Jim Jimmy and Victor together to jam DELIVERANCE !! Bucket list for me baby !

Not to mention, this year Anthony changed the name from Metal Fest to Music Fest, since they're including different styles of music like classic punk - which I also like. HEADNOISE is one of my fav punk bands, so it'll be cool to see them.

Gonna get me some autographs, and hopefully gain some new fav bands since I'll be seeing a HEAP of acts I've never even heard of.

SacrivoX Metal Fest III 35065710

There are some bands I recognize but do not care for, and others (like Chaotic Resemblance) that I've seen before and dig.`

The last 2 years were mostly classic metal, 80s style like SAINT, Die Happy, Neon Cross, and such... but this year it looks like a bunch of screamy growly type bands will be playing (while I'm outside visiting with Bill from ROXX, since that style's not my thing  Cool )
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 5:33 pm

Is the CPR listed the CPR that is Greg X. Volz's "Classic Petra Revisited"?  If so, that would be totally cool to see.

Judging by the band list, I doubt I would go even if I lived locally.  Previous years that were mostly classic metal I would have loved to attend.  I wish we had something like this in Nashville.  I don't have the knowledge of how to even try to start something like this to be honest.

Jim, we expect a full report after the show especially of any bands you think the majority of us would dig.

Enjoy, my friend!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 7:18 pm

G/F, THRASH RULES!!!!

Headbang Rockin'
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Looks like I'll be going to the SacrivoX Metal Fest after all. I was on the fence for a couple months due to my health and issues. But my wife ended up buying the ticket and telling me it'd be good for me to get out and enjoy it as I have the last 2 years. So, wish me luck with the health. It's been a bit of a roller coaster with the pain (thank God the day I got to hang with Staybrite I was doing pretty good). 
Hmmm... good point. You likely won't want to see me after banging your head for a couple days! You better not get too wild.  Evil or Very Mad

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 12:11 am

Quote :
Is the CPR listed the CPR that is Greg X. Volz's "Classic Petra Revisited"?

Don't I wish ! If it were, they'd have a much larger billing on the poster  Wink

They're actually a hardcore punk band.

Quote :
G/F, THRASH RULES!!!

Ah yes ! Of anyone here, I knew you appreciated Thrash  Headbang

Quote :
after banging your head for a couple days! 

Oh trust me, the head banging days have been gone for almost 15 years now  Sad
And as for meeting the legendary Rocksalt DJ, Mr Topshot himself ? I very much look forward to it. My thing in the last handful of years has been, I'm apprehensive about making plans anymore. Beit buying ticks for a concert ahead of time, planning trips, or even meeting up with someone -I don't know what I'll be like when that day comes. Like I told Staybrite, I have bad days and worse days. No good days anymore. My chronic disease dictates my life now -most days I'm not up for going anywhere or especially being social, and if I AM social, I'm usually acting "normal" when inside I'm hurting. Thank God He gives me the grace at the times I need it though.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 9:55 am

I wouldn't mind seeing War of Ages.  I was fortunate enough to see Deliverance when they played Up From the Ashes II.  Death Therapy isn't too bad from what I've heard from them.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 11:46 am

Very glad that you are getting to go again this year.

I'm like you in that I only recognize about half of the bands on that bill.  Sounds like an eclectic mix, I hope they get a ton of people going.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 8:51 am

I will mention G/F that I have watched most of your VC videos (being a vinyl collector myself) and if you're in pain you do a good job of hiding it in the videos. If you were closer to me I could see us hanging out all day talking about records and music.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 12:24 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I will mention G/F that I have watched most of your VC videos (being a vinyl collector myself) and if you're in pain you do a good job of hiding it in the videos. If you were closer to me I could see us hanging out all day talking about records and music.

Oh heck yeh ! It's the whole reason I DO the videos, cuz no one around me in my life could give a squat about music or scoring an incredible album for super cheap. It's what brings a smile to my face.

As for hiding it, what choice do I have ? My wife is a no-nonsense strong woman, and she married a strong man who's become disabled with no hope as my diseased spine will only get worse. So in essence, I became an "actor" of sorts. I had to as I had to continue a career, no choice. In front of my wife (who deserves the best imo yet is short changed by her husband's condition), family and everyone else I've become an Oscar winning actor. I hide my pain and depression behind a mask of "normal" since no one needs to see, bear, or deal with my condition. 
But when I'm alone, I cry, I scream, I curse, I've clenched my teeth so tight for so many years that I've ground them down and cracked some. I often worry about overdosing the pain meds on accident. Then I wonder how much I can take - if it's THIS bad now, will I end up taking my life in a few short years as this condition deteriorates my spine where I'm in agony, unable to walk, becoming incontinent due to the nerve damage in my spinal cord, etc etc. 
I'm a slow motion train wreck, and I won't lie, I'm scared as hell.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 12:33 pm

And we will never leave you or abandon you in this, old friend. We are here through the pain and will do anything to try to be encouragers.  Feel free to call me when you need to scream or cry when you are in pain.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Just FB message Chris at 4 in the morning . . . he likes that  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 7:03 am

I will say again I enjoy your videos. When I watch them I feel as if I am in the room with you checking out your scores. I am not so lucky as we  have no used vinyl stores around here (the last one was an interesting concept: Coffee/Vinyl shop open 24 hours - It stayed open less than a year but I managed to find some neat stuff there including records from a guy who just sold his entire collection and they hadn't gone thru them yet and let me look at them -- and on Record Store Day I found some things I wanted). My wife likes records and likes to play them and we do from time to time but not as much as I would like. And she really isn't a classic rock or metal fan so I don't get to play that type of stuff much at home without headphones as not to disturb her and the kids. So for me your videos are an escape and a chance to see someone else's record collection. I'd make one myself but I just don't have the time. I made one of some of my Styx CD's because I am a huge Styx fan and post to a Styx forum and some were asking about what CD's I had so I made this:

As for your pain, I hate it for you and you are in my prayers. Keep the videos coming!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 12:34 am

Quote :
Feel free to call me when you need to scream or cry when you are in pain.

I do appreciate it and I have been much more open these days to reach out to people who've offered to be there for me, Not so sure about 4 in the morning though  Razz

Quote :
MikeInFla

That was really cool man ! You should really do more vids, you got a great presence and make it interesting (which is not common across the board on the VC... trust me... that's why I try to make mine a bit more interesting). 

I honestly need a "KEY" for everyone's screen names - including the different names on different sites. I try, not always successfully, to have the same G/F name across the board. People leave comments on my videos and I respond, but I honestly don't always know who they are ! Haha ! Oblivious  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 10:14 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I honestly need a "KEY" for everyone's screen names - including the different names on different sites. I try, not always successfully, to have the same G/F name across the board. People leave comments on my videos and I respond, but I honestly don't always know who they are ! Haha ! Oblivious  Rolling Eyes

I made one of those, I can send you a PDF or Excel version of it.  It's not complete, but it helps me remember who some people are (it's missing a lot of the new people and also includes a few people who are likely long gone).  Maybe you can help me fill in some blanks.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 5:01 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
[size=36]Feel free to call me when you need to scream or cry when you are in pain.[/size]

I do appreciate it and I have been much more open these days to reach out to people who've offered to be there for me, Not so sure about 4 in the morning though  Razz

Quote :
MikeInFla

That was really cool man ! You should really do more vids, you got a great presence and make it interesting (which is not common across the board on the VC... trust me... that's why I try to make mine a bit more interesting). 

I'll start signing my name when I comment. I have a couple of different profiles there I have made over the years. I really would like to show off some of my records and things. I just don't buy music like I used to and mainly because there is no one here except FYE that sells vinyl. I've slowed way back on buying mainly because I have what I want. Took me a few years to replace stuff that I used to have (not all of it but the stuff I could remember). When we first got our turntable we were buying like crazy. We looked everywhere for it and would pick up whatever we could find. Garage sales, storage lockers, anything. I saw an add in the paper one Sat morning that said "garage sale NO CRAP RECORDS $4 EACH!". I thought I'd check it out and the guy was right. He had his garage set up like a record store with LP racks and everything! Prob is I am not a big cash carrier at all but I picked up the Heavy Metal soundtrack, Rush - All The World's A Stage, Bad Company debut and a couple others for $4 each! If I would've had more I would've bought more. The guy took good care of his stuff too. That's the last score I found and that was over a year ago. 
Maybe sometime I'll go thru some more stuff and try to make another. I do have some vids on that page but most of them are Styx appearances on TV I transfered from VHS or just records playing w no talking. I also did a "how to" on my turntable (how to transfer to mp3). And a couple on different types of Chuck Taylor shoes.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:59 am

You don't have a facebook account do you Mike?

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 2:09 pm

No, sure don't.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 2:33 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
No, sure don't.

That's good, I was thinking you just didn't want to friend me or something.  Laughing

Kudos to those of you who can live without a facebook account.  At this point I wouldn't know half of what my own children are doing (let alone the rest of my family), if I didn't have facebook.  Of course my youngest kid is 18 and I don't tend to hear from any of them now on a daily basis, like I did when they were little and needed me to make food for them every day.  Laughing

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Quote :
I made one of those, I can send you a PDF or Excel version of it. 
Yes please !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Quote :
I'll start signing my name when I comment. I have a couple of different profiles there I have made over the years.

That would be cool, it'd really help. One of my old concert buddies I've known since 10th grade high school was commenting on my YouTube videos and I didn't know it was him cuz of his screen name - haha !

Quote :
I really would like to show off some of my records and things. I just don't buy music like I used to...

You should bro ! I usually do New Music vids, but I plan to do some other vids, like showing my most rare costly albums and such.

Quote :
"garage sale NO CRAP RECORDS $4 EACH!". ..... Prob is I am not a big cash carrier at all ...If I would've had more I would've bought more.

Oh man ! That happened not long ago, I had 15 bucks on me and this yard sale dude not only had a gnarly stack of nice wax with killer titles for only 3 bucks each, he also had a nice turntable for only 20 bucks !  I wish I could've gone back for more later but there was some dude right after me  Sad
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Quote :
Kudos to those of you who can live without a facebook account. 

I'm the same, if I didn't have a FB I'd have no idea what my kids were up to these days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SacrivoX Metal Fest III   SacrivoX Metal Fest III I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SacrivoX Metal Fest III
Page 1 of 1