Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arsenal and Scarlet Red

Go down 
+6
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
MikeInFla
crucifyd
Staybrite
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Arsenal and Scarlet Red Empty
PostSubject: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 12:14 pm

How many of you have the CDs by these two one hit wonders?  I've had them for many years and those discs now are getting rare but not impossible to find.

I've done my own personal remasters of these as well.  If you have the original whether on CD, cassette, or paid download, just request my remaster.  These remasters bring out the overall volume, take a smidge of reverb off, excite the mids that are missing from the mix, and just bring them to a better overall sound in my opinion.  I have replaced my original MP3s with these myself and will listen to my own versions from now on.

If I've already sent you stuff, just respond here.  If I haven't, then PM me with your email address.  The files will come from Dropbox.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 3:43 pm

I'll have to pass on them both as I don't have either one on cd or cassette.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 9:20 pm

Really?  I would have thought you'd have these.  Are they available for download anywhere?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 10:11 pm

alldat,

I have both of those, bought back in the day...never really got into Arsenal, though it is decent...

on the other hand, I never could stand Scarlet Red, though oddly, with the exception of the song "Why", I ***LOVE*** that song, simply amazing, evokes incredible emotion every time I listen to it...

seems from the "Face burner" thread that maybe we are sort of opposites, though I do like Stryper et al...I just would pick something off the shelf that is in the heavier direction about 8-9 out of 10 times...
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 6:12 am

I know that Scarlet Red is one of the few Pure Metal releases that is available on iTunes. Not sure about Arsenal. In fact I have never heard of them until now.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 7:29 am

Quote :
seems from the "Face burner" thread that maybe we are sort of opposites, though I do like Stryper et al...I just would pick something off the shelf that is in the heavier direction about 8-9 out of 10 times...

We do seem to be musical opposites.  I tend to like the more melodic rock and metal.  Let me guess--you like progressive stuff with extremely long songs, too?  I have musical ADD as I call it and typically can't stand anything over 5 minutes.

Quote :
I know that Scarlet Red is one of the few Pure Metal releases that is available on iTunes. Not sure about Arsenal. In fact I have never heard of them until now.

They were out about the same time as Scarlet Red and featured female singer Christine Steel.  They had a similar style, but you can easily tell them apart.  They only did one album.  They have bought the rights to their original masters, so that could signal that they are going to remaster and reissue.  Hopefully, if they do, that might mean more new music from them.

Speaking of new music, has anyone heard anything from The Brave lately?

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:57 am

Again two awesome albums.
I'm interested in the remastered versions.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 11:41 am

Alldat wrote:
Really? I would have thought you'd have these. Are they available for download anywhere?

MikeInFla wrote:

I have noticed that you can get the Scarlet Red album as a download at a couple of places. I was always holding out for a remaster/cd reissue....but I don't think it's going to happen for that album.

As for the Arsenal album I don't even think I have seen it available for download anywhere (other than at those Russian sites that everyone should avoid).

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:11 pm

From what I read somewhere or heard from someone is the band had no desire to have it reissued or remastered for a proper release. Dunno why but I remember someone trying to reissue it and the band or owners said no.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 12:07 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
From what I read somewhere or heard from someone is the band had no desire to have it reissued or remastered for a proper release. Dunno why but I remember someone trying to reissue it and the band or owners said no.

Which band - Arsenal or Scarlet Red?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 12:20 am

Oooh!  Me!  Me!  Me!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 12:22 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

I'm guessing Arsenal.  Scarlet Red seems to have just vaporized.  From what I've seen online, it seems there is some conflict between some of the Arsenal members as to who owns rights to stuff.
Back to top Go down
MadMap

MadMap

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:15 am

I'd like the remasters on these as well, please.

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:52 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

I'm guessing Arsenal.  Scarlet Red seems to have just vaporized.  From what I've seen online, it seems there is some conflict between some of the Arsenal members as to who owns rights to stuff.

Nope, Scarlet Red. I remember hearing about someone interested in reissuing it and the band said no.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 11:45 am

Time Warp Records put out an unofficial release of Arsenal's Armed Choir in 2009.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 4:49 pm

Right now, though, you can't even buy the Time Warp Records version.  The main place to get those releases is from Retrospect Records, but they don't even have a page listing those titles.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 10:15 am

That is pretty bold (IMHO)

First you are playing around with property that belongs to somebody else and then giving it away ????

That is like saying, I have a VCR tape of "Star Wars" purchased in 1980 something and you come along in 2016 saying, "I changed a few things and am going to give you a copy of it".  That is 100% wrong from not only a legal standpoint, but something a person might want to check their personal morals & beliefs about.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 11:25 am

James B. wrote:

First you are playing around with property that belongs to somebody else and then giving it away ????

That is like saying, I have a VCR tape of "Star Wars" purchased in 1980 something and you come along in 2016 saying, "I changed a few things and am going to give you a copy of it".  That is 100% wrong from not only a legal standpoint, but something a person might want to check their personal morals & beliefs about.
Not really as Star Wars is still available for purchase. While maybe not on VHS, it is available on DVD. The difference being they are OOP. No longer available and in one case no interest from the band of ever being reissued. So this stuff should just collect dust and never be heard? Some of it I purchased long ago on cassette or record and no longer have it. And now it isn't available at all but I'd like to have a copy of it but a used copy might be on E-Bay for 90 bucks. None of which goes to the band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 6:30 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
James B. wrote:

Not really as Star Wars is still available for purchase. While maybe not on VHS, it is available on DVD. The difference being they are OOP. No longer available and in one case no interest from the band of ever being reissued. So this stuff should just collect dust and never be heard? Some of it I purchased long ago on cassette or record and no longer have it. And now it isn't available at all but I'd like to have a copy of it but a used copy might be on E-Bay for 90 bucks. None of which goes to the band.
One can justify anything if they dig deep enough and saying OOP  surely doesn't makes it right. (IMHO)

Do you think for a minute that Bill at Roxx or other labels that "re-master" and/or re-release OOP stuff that they just do it without permission or paying a license fee ?  If you are offering it for sale or giving it away, you are still "copying" it.  Then you have the aspect of sending pirated media being  through the U.S Mail, which can be a Felony.  To me it is just like "illegal downloading". 

As far as the Ebay analogy goes, the purchaser is making a choice to buy second hand retail product at a "supposed" market value. If they deem I fair, that is on them.  They don't make Shelby Mustangs anymore, so I guess since it is too expensive for me to buy my own. I can steal it. Just throw some new paint, rims, and tires on it...call it good.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:00 pm

James B. wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
James B. wrote:

One can justify anything if they dig deep enough and saying OOP  surely doesn't makes it right. (IMHO)

Do you think for a minute that Bill at Roxx or other labels that "re-master" and/or re-release OOP stuff that they just do it without permission or paying a license fee ?  If you are offering it for sale or giving it away, you are still "copying" it.  Then you have the aspect of sending pirated media being  through the U.S Mail, which can be a Felony.  To me it is just like "illegal downloading". 

As far as the Ebay analogy goes, the purchaser is making a choice to buy second hand retail product at a "supposed" market value. If they deem I fair, that is on them.  They don't make Shelby Mustangs anymore, so I guess since it is too expensive for me to buy my own. I can steal it. Just throw some new paint, rims, and tires on it...call it good.
Another example: a popular band releases an album called Death Magnetic. It sounded like total crap because of the mastering.  Someone I know remastered it for me and now it is listenable. I felt ripped off by buying a crappy made and "professionally" produced CD only for someone to fix it for me and it sound much better. Otherwise I would have felt ripped off by that band. If they should reissue it remastered I will be glad to buy it and I still own the Brickwalled version that sounds terrible.

And no, you wouldn't be stealing a Shelby Stang if I gave it to you and I restored it. It would be a gift. You would be stealing it if you took the keys when no one was home and drove it out of the driveway.

I guess we can agree to disagree here. I bought Scarlet Red on cassette when it was new. I bought Messiah Prophet on LP when it was new. I would buy them again if they were reissued on CD. If a friend who ALSO purchased those decides to "clean it up" then offer me that version then I have no problem with that. However, I have a problem with someone offering me an album I never bought. THAT would be stealing. Or if I walked into Walmart and took a CD, that is stealing. Or hacking into iTunes and finding a way to download music. But these albums are something I bought. As for Roxx, I am thankful they are releasing this classic stuff but they are paying for the right to reissue it and sell it for a profit. That's great, I will buy them all. In the case of RECON, I will not take a copy that someone gives me because it is out of print. I never owned it. I did, however, preorder the orange vinyl/cd combo.  I point back to Metallica above. And with Saint, I bought "Time's End" on cassette when it was new. I bought it on CD when it was released as "The Collection". Then I bought it again when it was released as "The Originals". So I have no problem buying something more than once. But some of that stuff isn't out there to buy again.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 7:36 am

James B. wrote:

Here's a thought!  First of all, if you have a problem with me, why not call me out privately instead of trying to stir up the whole board.  Second, couldn't you just not take the files if they were offered if you feel that way?  Third, this stuff is so out of print that it is near impossible to find.  Lastly, we've all been around and bought the material and have cassette or CD versions already.  I am just polishing what we already have to make it more enjoyable. 

Also, if you want to know, I am also offering these to the artists to use however they legally can.  If they want to reissue these on CD with my mastering, then I am offering them for nothing more than my name attached as the guy who mastered it.

Before you go calling someone out whether on a message board or in real life, be sure and be close enough to them to have earned a right to do so.  I am so tired of people who become 10 feet and bullet proof just because they can hide behind a keyboard.  Of course, you'll say it is your Christian duty or something like that.  However, if you haven't gotten close enough to someone to be able to speak to them and them respect you enough to listen, its still called being a jerk.

OK, rant over.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 8:31 am

Perhaps you forgotten why Chris these "Out Of Print" bands is remastering?
Only to gain more experience to remaster CDs.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 10:34 am

Boom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:34 pm

Admin quote... "Before you go calling someone out whether on a message board or in real life, be sure and be close enough to them to have earned a right to do so.  I am so tired of people who become 10 feet and bullet proof just because they can hide behind a keyboard.  Of course, you'll say it is your Christian duty or something like that.  However, if you haven't gotten close enough to someone to be able to speak to them and them respect you enough to listen, its still called being a jerk.

OK, rant over."

The right to do so, that is "classic".  If you don't want to have somebody respond to what is said and done on a "social media" site, don't post it. Pretty simple concept.  The comment about 10 feet and bulletproof can be "pot calling kettle black". I am not the one to say anything about "Christian duty", we all justify stuff as a "means to an end".  I will admit that "jerk" could apply to how things went down on my part.   I have personal experience with individuals taking leisure/liberty with something I helped create musically. The issue isn't about being compensated, it is just being asked if it is okay.    As far as "respect" goes, try respecting others people's property before saying anything about respecting someone enough to listen to them. It goes both ways and more often than not, comes full circle.  I wish you good fortune with your "engineering"  endeavors and since it seems that I have offended you, please forgive me.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 4:40 pm

So let me ask you, have you done the same to Cliffy Powell (The Huntingtons and Main Line Riders) when he's re-mastered certain albums and offered them to people in the same way?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arsenal and Scarlet Red
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next