Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arsenal and Scarlet Red

Go down 
+6
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
MikeInFla
crucifyd
Staybrite
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Arsenal and Scarlet Red - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:54 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
So let me ask you, have you done the same to Cliffy Powell (The Huntingtons and Main Line Riders) when he's re-mastered certain albums and offered them to people in the same way?

why would it matter who does it ???

I didn't have to because a former member of a band Cliff posted some re-mastered stuff for on another board pretty much has the same position I do and voiced his opinion to Cliff.

It just comes out to people being entitled.

It is out of print Sad  
I am learning how to re-master Rolling Eyes
This just isn't my opinion folks, it is a Federal Law, but it's all good cause nobody is getting hurt.

I also believe that people who play other peoples music on a podcast should pay a royalty to that person's publishing company or at least written permission. Radio stations are required to do so, as well as clubs that have cover bands play.  Even church's pay a license fee if they are printing out lyrics to worship songs  and showing them on an overhead/projected screen.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 12:23 pm

I haven't got either of them. A few years back i saw them for a reasonable price on ebay, but i suspected they were counterfeits, so i passed on those.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 1:08 pm

James B. wrote:
It just comes out to people being entitled.

I think you mean that people feel entitled.  Being entitled would mean that they actually do have the right.  Plus, the music side of copyrighted material is an interesting topic by itself.  What isn't public domain and what is isn't as easy to determine.  But in the end, the RIAA tries to control everything it can and then some.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal and Scarlet Red   Arsenal and Scarlet Red - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arsenal and Scarlet Red
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2