Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet-Sevendust

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Michael Sweet-Sevendust Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet-Sevendust   Michael Sweet-Sevendust I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 1:06 am

Saw a post by Michael explaining how it came to be that Clint Lowry of Sevendust made a contribution to making Yahweh a reality. . Is Sevendust a faith based band. Not trying to stir the pot at all just asking an innocent question. I don't know anything about them..
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet-Sevendust   Michael Sweet-Sevendust I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 8:11 am

Don't know about the rest of the band but the lead singer/lyricist is:

Lajon: I feel like you have to believe in something. Not to get all wound up in Christian stuff, but I am. I believe in the Lord, I pray every day. I'm a Baptist. I was able to put in a little bit of my growing up beliefs into a song and tell a story and it was really cool to be able to do.

Songfacts: But a prodigal son is somebody that wanders away from the faith. Is that something that's happened in your life?

Lajon: I don't think I wandered away, but as a younger man, I definitely got involved with more of the worldly themes.

You have to come back to your faith. I might have got off the beaten path there for a little while, just with the way that I wanted to live my life. It's cool now, but we all moved around. I look at my life and a lot of people say, "Man, you got wild." I say, "Okay, when you were in college you drank and partied. That was the same, I was just doing it on a tour bus. So we did the same thing, but I was under the microscope doing it."

We stopped doing all that and grew up a little bit, but "Prodigal Son" was definitely around that time where things were going on, but it was a cool story.

http://www.songfacts.com/blog/interviews/lajon_witherspoon_of_sevendust/

Beware: their music is good but they have some cursing in their stuff.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet-Sevendust   Michael Sweet-Sevendust I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 8:17 am

Not unless something has changed in the past few years.  Lowery and Sweet met on a plane ride during which Lowery told Sweet that Stryper had been a favorite band of his when he was younger.  Michael asked if he would like to co-write something for the new album and Lowery sent him some riffs.  One of those riffs was the seed for "Yahweh".

I saw Sevendust a few years ago on the Rockstar Uproar tour.  Killer show!  Great pits!  Definitely the best band on the side stage and maybe the best on the tour (main stage bands were Bullet for My Valentine, Three Days Grace, Seether, Escape the Fate, and headlined by Avenged Sevenfold).  I remember the guy standing next to me told me he had specially rolled a joint just to light up during Sevendust.  He'd been saving it for weeks.  Yeah, this definitely wasn't Ichthus.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet-Sevendust   Michael Sweet-Sevendust I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 8:20 am

Cool to hear Lajon is one of us, now I can add Sevendust to the list of bands I can listen to since they are at least a "a Christian in a band" band.

bounce
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet-Sevendust   Michael Sweet-Sevendust I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 10:01 pm

SevenDust is pretty good. Be forewarned thou, they do have a tendency to have a lot of foul language in their lyrics. So if that is something that concerns you, may want to get the Wal-Mart edited version. Not saying its every song, but some of their albums do have a PA warning on them. But they do rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet-Sevendust   Michael Sweet-Sevendust I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet-Sevendust
Page 1 of 1